• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTC| Delicious cooking not in thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Decent dad that i recognize from the list: cooking papa mc (dude with big chin), Bakabon's dad (guy with headband next to osomatsu dad), chibi maruko-chan dad (near Koiwa from Yotsuba), father from Sazae-san (also near koiwa), Ippo's dad, Hughes from FMA, Dr. Slump, shinchan dad. When i mean decent, at least they didn't abandon their kid by their own volition or outright try to murder them.

Zweizer

Banned
Shinozaki-san Ki wo Ota Shika ni! ch36

After all, who doesn't like boobs?

lZHRLeW.png

And thus Akina sunk deeper in the pits of corruption.

Kobayashi-san chi no Maid Dragon ch34

Work is important, but so is family~

Criminale! ch18

I'm rooting for you, Hinako~

Zweizer

Banned
shinozaki-san author does touhou doujins normally right? I think i saw some in denden town the other day

They don't seem to do anymore since Shinozaki-san got serialized, but yeah, Hikawa Shou used to draw Touhou doujinshi under the circle Saku Saku Tei, and still occasionally posts Touhou pictures.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I know everyone hates the filler material in One Punch Man but I'm kind of liking the tournament played in parallel to Genos decimating monster after monster. If nothing else I'm enjoying it as a time to shine for Genos.

Zweizer

Banned
Tejina Senpai ch18

Even stray pigeons bully the poor girl.

Youkai Shoujo - Monsuga ch75

That's one goofy-looking mech.

Ore no Himekutsu o Haite Kure ch4

Well, she's determined at least.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Groundless - The One-eyed Sniper ch. 12 (part 2)

Sheesh, everyone's losing their minds now. Thought that page with Sophia firing at the windmill looked incredible, then the follow up with the woman and her fiance made me feel terrible.

Tomo-chan wa Onnanoko ch.359
That punch at Jun is a sign things are clearly normal again. Welcome back, Tomo.

Criminale! ch.18
Never bet against Hinako and the lengths she'll go to protect/stalk Ichimura

Tejina Sempai ch.18
Grey Pigeons are some mean motherfuckers (though in these cases it's probably deserved).

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
To be fair the concept of reverse Romeo and Juliet in modern times where they could be killed for not dating could have lead to an interesting series.

Ehh, the concept sounds good but it just turned shit. At least Double Arts was heading in the right direction before it got cancelled.

Ehh, the concept sounds good but it just turned shit. At least Double Arts was heading in the right direction before it got cancelled.

Well your statement was Japan hates interesting ideas which I'd say Nisekoi is an interesting idea executed in the worst way possible. Seems more like Japan hates interesting execution since it doesn't fall into the safe comfort zone they like for this kind of romcom.

upandaway

I love Double Arts and all but I still think there was some weakness in the second half. I don't think it would have made it even in a different magazine.

I think Komi can pull it off now if he really wants to

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Well your statement was Japan hates interesting ideas which I'd say Nisekoi is an interesting idea executed in the worst way possible. Seems more like Japan hates interesting execution since it doesn't fall into the safe comfort zone they like for this kind of romcom.

Double Arts had a more interesting idea I think, it was more out there compared to everything else coming out of Japan. Nisekoi, while an interesting take on Romeo and Juliet, still leans pretty heavily on what's come before and that'll give readers more comfort.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

It's not that good stories bother the Japanese public, its that there's a huge market for beautiful waifus who are into loser protags. It's because the demographics are aimed at lonely males who like the wish fulfillment fantasy where their delusional conception of themselves as a quiet, nice good looking guy who just doesn't draw attention is the most attractive possible person.

I literally can't even think of a direct analogue in the English-speaking world because we don't have Romance fiction aimed at men. We have power fantasies where men pick up lots of beautiful women because they're hunky badasses.

Conan-san

The Jump readers don't deserve any better than Nisekoi.

It is the Red King sitting on a throne of those cancelled before their prime.

They should be grateful that stuff like MHA runs in that rag.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
So, yuri came up in the anime thread and since I haven't followed manga in a while I was just wondering... basically since the end of Aoi Hana/Sasameki Koto/whatever Moringa Milk was writing, has there been a long running yuri manga series (like 10+ volumes) or have we basically just settled into a series of one shots and single volume tankobons for yuri work?

Revo

One Piece 829

Wow that poor son. I wonder how it feels for the people living on these islands to know they one day might have to sacrifice themselves to placate Big Mom. Seems like they are happy in the end.

Zweizer

Banned
So, yuri came up in the anime thread and since I haven't followed manga in a while I was just wondering... basically since the end of Aoi Hana/Sasameki Koto/whatever Moringa Milk was writing, has there been a long running yuri manga series (like 10+ volumes) or have we basically just settled into a series of one shots and single volume tankobons for yuri work?

There are plenty of 3 volumes and counting series that are still ongoing, such as Shinozaki-san Ki o Ota Shika ni!, Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon, Murciélago, or A Kiss And A White Lily, but for 10+ volumes, nothing really comes to mind (Yuru Yuri and Saki basically).

But I mean, you don't expect recents series to already have so many volumes. Murciélago started in 2013 and already has 7 volumes for what it's worth.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
There are plenty of 3 volumes and counting series that are still ongoing, such as Shinozaki-san Ki o Ota Shika ni!, Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon, Murciélago, or A Kiss And A White Lily, but for 10+ volumes, nothing really comes to mind (Yuru Yuri and Saki basically).

But I mean, you don't expect recents series to already have so many volumes. Murciélago started in 2013 and already has 7 volumes for what it's worth.
I've heard of those, but I guess in my mind they are still relatively shorter. But I guess being lucky enough to have a long running yuri series (at least with explicitly queer characters and/or is about how the characters fit into contemporary Japanese society) is a one in a million thing these days.

Quasar

The Jump readers don't deserve any better than Nisekoi.

It is the Red King sitting on a throne of those cancelled before their prime.

They should be grateful that stuff like MHA runs in that rag.

Heh. As it is the only reason I started reading jump was Nisekoi and foodwars. Otherwise wouldnt be caught dead reading jump. But then I generally avoid shonen material. Wish there was a josei or shoujo or even seinen mag like jump available digitally like jump.

I hate when you give technically correct but troll answers.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
This week is the 10th chapter since he came back. During the Chimera Ant days he would do 10 then break.
Just going to have to wait and see.

Murenase! Shiiton Gakuen 2
wasted.gif. While the MC's a jerk in some respects, the trade-off is that he has a welcome level of assertiveness. Not sure how serious that last development was, but if his waifu really has joined their pack then it oughta placate him for the foreseeable future. Also it needs to be a school rule that all female zebras should wear striped stockings.

Zweizer

Banned
Yandere Kanojo ch73.5

What a big shot.

Yuzumori-san ch0.3

That feeling, dear, is love.

Kingdom ch479

Well, looks like this drama won't last long after all.

Toaru Ossan no VRMMO Katsudouki ch17

More mind-numbing gameplay exposition, yay.

At least the business with fairies might get interesting.

Cornbread78

Just in case you guys are interested in joining in:

Alright, we’ll give “Let’s Watch” another try, this time with a comedy SoL show from the same writer as Working!:

aVp3WT0.jpg

R62GsYo.gif

Link to the thread:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=207906306#post207906306

Looks like it could be a lot of fun for a short series.

(If this one works out, we can try to do Devil is a Part-timer next)
Need other recs later for other shows that could be interesting to watch and react to.

Zweizer

Banned
Murenase! Shiiton Gakuen ch1-2 by Yamashita Bungo

In a high school populated by animals of varying anthropomorphism, a completely human guy gets reluctantly recruited into the pack of a wolf girl. Hijinks ensue.

Fun start, and the teacher is neat.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Shinozaki-san Ki wo Ota Shika ni 36
Shinozaki, you're in love. JUST. ADMIT. IT!

Tomo-chan latest

Old Tomo is back! I like her girly version, but wild Tomo is the best.
Hiatus!? Noooooo!

Yandere Kanojo 73.5

OMG, she's the childhood friend. I thought it's going to be one times only!

Shiba Occhan 15

Dude fucked up and deserve to get lectured by Mama-san after he cheated on his wife.
It's interesting that dog can turn back to human if they no longer has family, which mean he don't even consider his children...

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Fairy Tail

No way he's alive I never would have guessed

Fairy Tail Omake

JFC Mashima.

The plot of this is all of the dudes in Fairy Tail are prehistoric cavemen and Natsu captures (naked) Lucy, and when he brings her back, all of the dudes don't know what a female is but they look at her chest and fall over in agony because they incur the wrath of their "sacred rods." All of the girls show up and they fight. Natsu refuses to give back Lucy and he gropes her, which causes him to, ahem, incur the wrath of his sacred rod, at which point all of the girls run away in fear because apparently Natsu is super well endowed.

JFC Mashima

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom