• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTC| Delicious cooking not in thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Facebook-chan must have also gone in and added WHY ME SAD on Ichigo's timeline while he was rooting around in there because he went from despair to shonen hotblooded in an instant.

upandaway

We need more weeks without OP so we can get faster Toriko translations
p9ZkR3c.png

upandaway

Hero Academia

Oh man that was great. I love this. I sure had fun.

Also laughed at how the girls suddenly had glasses coming out of Iida's room

YEoTqw0.png

Bit disappointed though that the other class got the shaft again

LeleSocho

Banned
Shokugeki no Soma - 174
z9VfPlE.png

Bestest.
I'm glad this was over quickly, i thought it would take 3 chapter for them to pass the round.

Boku no Hero Academia - 98
Am i missing something with Bakugou/Kimishima/Kaminari?

Toriko - 378
Yooooo Chichi bringing the goodies!

PK Gaming

My Hero Academia 98

It feels good being able to comment on these chapters now that I've caught up

The dorm + rooms are giving me a DanganRonpa vibe

Zweizer

Banned
Drifters ch61

Brace yerselves for the big clash.

Shokugeki no Soma ch174

I'd have preferred that they somehow manage to cook up a great dish out of the shitty salmon, but at least this didn't take long.

Peephole ch123

A shame they don't have much time for pleasanteries after being reunited.

bobohoro

Bleach 681

Oh, them. Sure, whatver.

Jitsu Wa Watashi Wa 133

Interesting new character and story progression at full speed.
Keep it going.

Boku no Hero Academia 98

A bit of lightheartead atmosphere was badly needed. Mineta's room would ruin the challenge.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Shokugeki no Soma

"My job is to fail you no matter what but instead I will just not fail you."

Checks out.

Bleach 681

I burst out laughing when Tsukishima showed up. Holy crap, Kubo is such a fucking hack

bokuhero 98

What a good SoL chapter. Laughed at bird dude trying to hide his chuuni shit

soma 174

Tadokoro and whats her face getting carried by Alice, Soma and Ryou smh

Nisekoi

The phrase, "You did this to yourself" just doesn't quite cut it here.

"You did this to yourself, you colossal fucking moron" does. Kosaki had literally everything handed to her and she just didn't use it. Now she realizes "oh shit he loves Chitoge" and the depths of her own stupidity.

I don't feel bad for her at all.

Haikyuu!! 213

Best scene.

Im glad Hinata is finally having some fun with them, but I wish they let him stay and what not. However then I guess that could send a message that anyone who wasn't invited could stay.

Hinata and Goshiki Tsutomu interaction is priceless.

Angry Grimace

Re: Zero Chapter 2 - 14

Spoilers because this covers literally the next un-aired episode of the anime:

Rem's fanatical love for Subaru doesn't really make that much more sense than Subaru's bizarro love for Emilia, but at least Rem is actually a likable character and not just a random girl that the MC is lusting after. Anyways, at least Rem got a whole chapter to herself, even though I assume Subaru will die a bunch more times and this won't matter since he's not even conscious.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
What did Bakugo do with Lightningface exactly?

Cwarrior

Wait, what? World Trigger is clearly drawing on early Naruto & Bleach for inspiration, especially when it comes to establishing the supporting cast. Not to say that those are the only manga with large rosters, just that WT is definitely using similar means of expansion.

I also don't see that at all.

Bleach and Naruto established there support cast completely different from each other.

Bleach introduce it's characters in factions ichigo's school friends,gotei 13, arrancars,vizards,fullbringers with one member of group pretty much being a representive before the rest are introduced.

Early Naruto pretty much focused on team 7 & the rivalry within the team (naurto not wanting to lose to sasuke, sakura not wanting to lose to naruto & wanting to impress sasuke) then later it introduce more character as rivals for team 7 for the title of hokage and saskue love(ino & sakura).

World trigger way doing it is, it gives you an extended preview of it's support cast but flesh them out in the later arc,characters introduced in the in-fighting between A-rank agents got fleshed out in next arc (invasion arc), the characters introduced in the invasion arc got fleshed out in B-rank wars.

It current B-rank wars arc has more incommon with Hajim no ippo New challeger pre-fight character story except they get more screen time since they stick around a lot more after the fight, get a more extended preview and have far more of high chance beating team Osamu(main leads) then ippo and if they win or lose it's done in the graceful way both sides are shown in respectful light(no Nani? baka-ahna clowning).

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
What did Bakugo do with Lightningface exactly?
Force him to become an idiot to cheer up other guys (at least i assume so. Even when he's trying to b good, he's still a shitty person)

Soma latest
Lol, that was fast. No bullshit or anything. I hope the next judge is far more interesting.

Angry Grimace

Decided to catch up on My Hero Academia. Pretty fun; not terribly long yet.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Adam to Eve ch. 1-2

Supernatural yakuza story with Homonculus' Yamamoto writing, and Sanctuary's Ikegami drawing. Invisible gangsters, a dude named Smell who can sniff out rats, an abundance of closeup reaction faces, things are already pretty violent, there ain't a single explanation for anything going on - yeah, it's these two teaming up alright.

No idea how this'll pan out, but I'm down for more of this nonsense.

WataMote ch. 99

What a typo, Tomoko.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom