• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTC| Delicious cooking not in thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shun

Caught up on Keijo. Best move. Unlimited Butt Works.

Cm6U4spUkAAXWQH.jpg

To Love-Ru Darkness 1-2
This is much better, it gives up on the idea of focusing on one girl as the one. And it removes Lala + Haruna as the main focus instead for Momo and Yami. Still fanservice as fuck, but it has accepted it fully.

Kingdom

Quicker then I expected for Behei to be somewhat forgiven

Attack On Titan

choose who to save.... On another note (for the other side) I hate that the glasses dude saved one of them even though those two guys should've died a long time ago

Magi

we are back to the graph powers lol... also dude just did a genetic clone that has a molecular difference relative to the original body on a dna level

lol at the contradiction

New Game! 33 - 34

Being in a new position is hard.
Christmas time is always nice though.

Dansan Joshi 8

The first part of this is pretty relatable.

Arabesque

I don't know what bothers me more about it. The lack of creativity in names, or the lack of creativity in premise.

Wait are a lot of WSJ manga ending soon?

Nisekoi and Bleach are, at least. Toriko had been speeding to an end, and Gintama entered its final arc.

I guess Nisekoi will end as planned at 229-230, so exactly one year after the start of its final arc, Bleach will end in it's anniversary month, Torkio shortly after. Dunno when Gintama will conclude.

Zweizer

Banned
Demi-chan wa Kataritai ch19

Even for Demis, studying remains the same.

Yuri Kuma Arashi ch20

And there we go.

Custom Maid! ch9

Yet another soul corrupted by the selfie generation.

Red String ch45

That was surprisingly easy.

jonjonaug

So I just ignored Yen Press at AX because they usually don't have much good stuff, and everyone I talked to about the panel only mentioned Erased and Bungo (both of which are kinda bad IMO) so I didn't bother looking up what else they had. I finally looked at a complete list of announced things at AX and turns out Yen Press licensed Murcielago, which is an amazing action series and one of my holy trinity of unlicensed yuri manga (the others being A Kiss and A White Lily and Yurika's Campus Life).

First off, what the hell why did no one talk about this? Second, holy crap Murcielago got licensed. Hope it sells well.

I've read Ranman, by Katou Shinkichi, an artist who has an atypical art style. He has done previously National Quiz, Obrigado! or Baka to Gogh. Alas, I would way this is his weakest work I've read so far.
A good 2/3 of this single volume is composed of micro-stories. Micro because they are literally 4 pages each. You could say it's an exercise of minimalism and surrealism... but I would say the exercise failed, after reading them I only had indifference (except maybe 2 or 3, and it isn't like they were very good). The reality is that this is the type of work done in the interest of the artist, as he gets to draw lots of different cool things, instead of the interest of the reader.

A small sample of his art
http://i.imgur.com/moRQWJy.png

At least at the end there is a bit better, longer story, about a boy being rebel and growing up.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan

Chiirem, and this work somehow won the grand prize... i wonder if it's actually a parody...

Dansan Joshi 9

Butt as a substitute for boob? okay.jpg
Dude literally put his face between buttcheek.

Flying witch 28

Cover page: MOFU level over 9000! Like, wow, that is one page that will turn someone into furry. Too bad it's going on hiatus.

Demi-chan wa kataritai 19

Still cool. I wish they put more focus on how society accept demi in their life. Previous chapter was really cool.

Golden Kamuy 55

Oh cool, a yojimbo reference! Author literally use the basic story for Yojimbo. One guy trying to make two opposing force destroy each others by joining each group without them knowing about the yojimbo true allegiance. The west might know the story from A fistful of dollar, featuring clint eastwood as the man with no name. Same story, since it's practically the spaghetti western version of Yojimbo.

Kieli

Just finished the first volume of Spirit Circle. Have to admit, I was a bit skeptical when you folks said it was better than Biscuit Hammer, but I could definitely see that being the case. The premise is really unusual and I'm loving the jumps to different timelines. They're all so much more interesting than the current blase school setting.

Lain

So I just ignored Yen Press at AX because they usually don't have much good stuff, and everyone I talked to about the panel only mentioned Erased and Bungo (both of which are kinda bad IMO) so I didn't bother looking up what else they had. I finally looked at a complete list of announced things at AX and turns out Yen Press licensed Murcielago, which is an amazing action series and one of my holy trinity of unlicensed yuri manga (the others being A Kiss and A White Lily and Yurika's Campus Life).

First off, what the hell why did no one talk about this? Second, holy crap Murcielago got licensed. Hope it sells well.

My love-hate relationship with their manga will keep going on for some time still uh.

lol I just remembered that I've never read Yamada and the 7 Witches because the ending to Yankee-kun to Megane-chan was so bad that I became enraged and refused to support the author anymore

IHaveIce

Banned
lol I just remembered that I've never read Yamada and the 7 Witches because the ending to Yankee-kun to Megane-chan was so bad that I became enraged and refused to support the author anymore

The Manga should have been over along time ago but ofc it does well and so the Author is prolonging and it feels bad

bobohoro

It's good for about 60 chapters. Or the first two or three arcs, roughly.
Then turn to shit reaaaally quick.
One of the few mangas I actually stalled on my reading list until I can just speedread the thing to its completion and be done with it.

phaze

Nisekoi

Onedera won, pack it up

please pack it up

Honestly, despite how shit this manga is, this chapter still got to me a little. So this is the power of shipping huh ...

pbayne

20th Century and 21st Century Boy End

Overall good read, i love how Urasawa can give even side-characters so much personality and backstory in little time. The plot feels like its constantly spinning plates, its dazzling to look at but you always get the feeling it'll topple soon. And to Uraswa's credit i think he maintains it until about the last arc where things to into full on lol fuck logic territory. Maybe could have used a bit of trimming in a few areas but definitely an epic read.

And Holyland 1-90

I want to like this more than i do. But fuck every arc is the exact same thing over and over-MC is a bitch, then he's a badass suddenly, then he reverts back and forth for some arbitrary reason every so often.
I think its one of the those mangas where i love the concept of it so much that it carries me through because i want it to be amazing so bad but when you need to actually apply a narrative/plot to it it starts to fall apart.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
I really will read anything if it deals with delinquents and yankee girls dating normal guys.

I think I have a type.
Reading this yet?

Nisekoi

Onedera won, pack it up

please pack it up

Honestly, despite how shit this manga is, this chapter still got to me a little. So this is the power of shipping huh ...
I mean, I don't give a shit about Onodera and it still sort of got to me. Still, it's a situation they created themselves so they deserve it I guess.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Shimura's new manga, Sayonara, Otoko no Ko, is haram as fuck.

Kieli

Just finished Spirit Circle! What a ride. Mizukami-sensei has an uncanny ability to make the ordinary extraordinary, the mundane effervescent.

I thought it was going to be one of those shonen yokai series which I don't really like (e.g. Kekkaishi, Rinn-ne, etc...), but boy was I wrong.

His comedic timing and sensibilities also tickle my funny bone. It's a tremendous shame it isn't localized so I can insta-buy the series. Biscuit Hammer will have to do for now. :3

Just finished Spirit Circle! What a ride. Mizukami-sensei has an uncanny ability to make the ordinary extraordinary, the mundane effervescent.

I thought it was going to be one of those shonen yokai series which I don't really like (e.g. Kekkaishi, Rinn-ne, etc...), but boy was I wrong.

His comedic timing and sensibilities also tickle my funny bone. It's a tremendous shame it isn't localized so I can insta-buy the series. Biscuit Hammer will have to do for now. :3
Have you read Sengoku Youko? It's by the same guy and is also fantastic

Kieli

Have you read Sengoku Youko? It's by the same guy and is also fantastic

I'll definitely have to check it out now. While I liked Biscuit a lot, it wasn't enough for me to overcome my dislike of feudal Japanese setting. But I just like how this guy tells his stories, so I'm in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom