• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTC| Delicious cooking not in thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've moved on to other things like spider legs and centaur boobs

yPYyikD.jpg

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
Demon's Plan What's her face continues to be great. Also what... there are tanks in this universe?

One Punch Man Lot of plot to explain who's going to show up to wreck the moster's alliance

Mob Psycho I did not think this fight would resolve like this, huh...

Helk It is at this point that this manga has officially become the Nier of mangas for me.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
One Punch Man (Murata) 69

Here comes Slicing Shemale. Also the second season is going to go nowhere close to covering the best parts of this upcoming Arc and will instead focus on the martial arts tournament and the outbreak of the Monsters Vs the S Class Heroes and Garou's start.

One Punch Man (Murata) King Special Epsidoe

Gotta love me some King. He's one of the more hilarious characters and once the King engine gets going. Watch out.

HStallion

I'm never going to get to see the Garou Arc drawn by Murata, am I? He's just gonna draw this shit ouuuuuutttttt

Yeah I don't know why we need all these one off jobbers who are going to get wrecked worse than the other regular jobbers.

HStallion

The world is not ready for Murata's Black Sperm!

I cannot wait till we actually get to the meat of the Monster Association Arc. Murata could honestly draw it panel for panel from One's original version and just use his art style and it would be great.

But yeah, Black Sperm and King are gonna steal the show.

StayDead

D7SLaNz.png

One of my favourite panels so far in My Hero Academia. Funny due to the implications being he's old and forgot his name/who he was and cheesy as hell (getting Deku to introduce himself as Deku), but still cool.

Gran Torino was awesome <3

Zweizer

Banned
One-Punch Man ch69

The Monster Association is pretty much everywhere, huh. At least the tournament might be over soon, maybe.

Dansan Joshi ch23-25.5

What a moving arc of sportsmanship.

Lily Love ch29

An entire chapter of yuri sex before her departure. Not that anyone is complaining.

Keijo ch88.5

Pot meets kettle.

bobohoro

Mai Ball 71

So I guess unsportsmenlike conduct will be the theme of the next game?
I can already feel the rage.

And Mai is unburnable, it seems, such a nice girl.

Amalgam looks like it has potential but the first two chapters told me pretty much exactly how it's going to go for a while. Which means if it doesn't change that up it's gonna be boring and generic as fuck with yet another garbage bin MC.

Amalgam looks like it has potential but the first two chapters told me pretty much exactly how it's going to go for a while. Which means if it doesn't change that up it's gonna be boring and generic as fuck with yet another garbage bin MC.

Amalgam is already dead it and Spring Weapon have been bottom 2 since the ratings came in.

Dolls Ch1-64: An interestingly titled series about a future Japan where executions are used to judge many heinous crimes. Carrying these out are the emotionless 'Dolls' a force of the police made up of different three-man brigades, each dealing with their own investigations and executions.

While I'm not really sure where the plot is going or the endgame of it all this manga is a pleasant surprise even with it's somewhat generic setting. The art is quite varied ranging from some real serious and surreal moments to others that are down right lackadaisical, with the coloured pages being an absolute delight to stare at.

Solid Read/5

Killer Killer Ch10: Wait what?

Groundless - Sekigan no Sogekihei Ch16: Man, I never will get tired of seeing those full page spreads of the rifle being fired, it's about 50% of what makes the manga for me.

Daemons Plan Ch 4: Still quite dumb, and generic but I do want it to be able to progress for a while just so I can revel in all the body-horror transformations.

Dimension W Ch33: This looks like it could be something interesting.

Lain

This ECHOES manga sounds pretty interesting
The story is about the members of a female basketball team, based on some of the author's real life experiences. The author herself started feeling gender identity confusion in her body when she was three. Each members have their own problems and have been trying to grown up. The protagonist Sei has
a male mind in her body and has been confused and distressed about being transgender. Her teammate
Asuka has a misanthropy problem due to her past relationship with others, and the captain of the team,
Kaneko has been struggling to overcome guilt feelings about her past and the weakness in her mind.

Through the story, the author wants to deliver her message that various type of people can co-exist in
one community and her wish that the world will become a place where transgender people are no longer
treated as strange.

Fbh

Attack on Titan
Man, these flashback chapters have been great. Can't believe that the payoff for finally getting to the basement would be so worth the wait.
It's going to be hard going back to Eren and friends

One Punch Man
Even at 40 pages this feels soooooo slow. It's good, but I hope things start moving forward faster

Demons Plan
And dropped. Can't imagine this will go on for too long before getting cancelled.
Also can't imagine how bad most submissions to jump must be if this shit is the best they can find for a new serialization

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
I'd read that Echoes manga. Art seems decent too.

Helck ch. 79

I like how the king shows up and then it immediately cuts to a side party about to get squashed. What a tease.

Groundless - The One-eyed Sniper ch. 16

The molotov guy sure is regretting his decisions.

One Punch Man (Murata) ch. latest

Thought forty-some pages would translate to something a little more interesting. This was one of the more boring chapters I've read in awhile tbh.

HStallion

While I do think Murata and ONE are definitely leaning a little too hard on the very shonen and anime/manga tropes the series was originally lambasting and making fun of I can see this paying off for the Monster Association arc coming up, I would assume, immediately after this tournament and monster assault arc finishes up. They are playing to the expected standards and practices with a tournament and a group of baddies working together with notable super powerful members and so on and so forth.

Well if the M.A. arc coming up actually follows the set up, plot lines, themes and jokes of the original ONE webcomic version it will basically take everything that was built up about the S Class heroes, the monsters and everything else in this tournament arc and tear it all down in the best manner possible. Of course they could screw this up but I have a feeling this very typical and new arc is being used not to pad out the series but develop the heroes, monsters and so on only to undercut them in the most hilarious ways possible.

Attack on Titan
Man, these flashback chapters have been great. Can't believe that the payoff for finally getting to the basement would be so worth the wait.
It's going to be hard going back to Eren and friends

One Punch Man
Even at 40 pages this feels soooooo slow. It's good, but I hope things start moving forward faster

Demons Plan
And dropped. Can't imagine this will go on for too long before getting cancelled.
Also can't imagine how bad most submissions to jump must be if this shit is the best they can find for a new serialization

Well attack on titan was a submission that was rejected

:p

Fbh

Well attack on titan was a submission that was rejected

:p

Wow really?
They must be regretting that with how it blew up in popularity after the anime came out

Still, do we know why it got rejected ? Did they find it too violent or dark for their style (at its core it's a generic shonen. But it has more violence and gore than the average jump manga)? or did they just not like it?

Either way. Seeing stuff like demons plan make me think other submissions must be even more terrible or some of their editors have really bad taste. Art isn't too bad but I honestly think that everyone posting in this thread could come up with a more creative and original story/setting/character than this if they were given like 10 minutes

Wow really?
They must be regretting that with how it blew up in popularity after the anime came out

Still, do we know why it got rejected ? Did they find it too violent or dark for their style (at its core it's a generic shonen. But it has more violence and fire than the average jump manga)? or did they just not like it?

Either way. Seeing stuff like demons plan make me think other submissions must be even more terrible or some of their editors have really bad taste. Art isn't too bad but I honestly think that everyone posting in this thread could come up with a more creative and original story/setting/character than this if they were given like 10 minutes

The og prototype looked like shit

Touhou Blue Book - Wakuraba Kotoha (doujin)

I have several questions. One of them is why has it taken so long for more Yohane to materalise? Another is why isn't Shanghai EX more of a thing? And a third is why did this have to focus on such a mundane couple? Those are all the questions I have. Definitely.

Fbh

The og prototype looked like shit

Oh... Yeah art wise it looks terrible.
Concept wise though it still looks vastly more interesting.

It's as simple as being able to reduce it to "it's the one with the giant man eating monsters". Or one piece is "the one about pirates"

Meanwhile Demons plan is... "The one with the teens with super powers" ..."err... The one with the two rival friends"..."mmm... The one where wanting to protect gives the main character power"

It's as simple as being able to reduce it to "it's the one with the giant man eating monsters". Or one piece is "the one about pirates"

Meanwhile Demons plan is... "The one with the teens with super powers" ..."err... The one with the two rival friends"..."mmm... The one where wanting to protect gives the main character power"

Demon's Plan is shonen jump Highlander which is why I enjoy it.

HStallion

Even the final product of AoT can look like absolute shit at times. Its gotten much better as its gotten popular but there were time it looked like a bunch of squiggles fighting a bunch of bigger squiggles. in some boxing buildings or vague looking forests.

"Dragon Ball" Spin-Off Imagines a World Where Yamcha Totally Rules

Shueisha's Sh&#333;nen Jump Plus digital manga magazine has begun publication of a new comic that re-imagines Yamcha as the conquering hero in Akira Toriyama's classic manga, Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z.

The series is entitled Dragon Ball Gaiden: Tensei-shitara Yamcha Datta Ken ("Dragon Ball Side Story: The Case of Being Reincarnated as Yamcha"), and it is written and illustrated by Dragon Garow Lee based on original work by Akira Toriyama.

The story of the series involves an ordinary high school boy who after an accident finds himself reincarnated in the body of Yamcha in the world of the Dragon Ball comics. Using his knowledge of what comes later in the manga, the young man trains hard to transform Yamcha into the strongest hero around.

they know

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Grand Blue 19
Azusa casually asking sex and Iori of course refuse thinking it was a test or something. BRUH. Also, lol that leek finally manage to find its way into Iori asshole

Kaguya 45

BEST.USE.OF.CHAPTER.TITLE.DROP.EVER
Man, 45 chapter, and this series is still solid. I expect anime announcement at the end of the year or early January

Isekai Izaya Nobu 7

This one getting an anime adaptation. While the episodic nature is fun, i guess we're going to get real plot soon.

Akagi latest

Well, shit. I guess i better find good washizu avatar during January.
It probably was a test. Nobody ever asks that to someone they think will accept.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom