• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTC| Delicious cooking not in thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clegg

Tower of God

Baam is growing desperate for power.This can go one of two ways. He becomes an avenging hero or a merciless tyrant corrupted by power. Either way I'm cool.

Arabesque

What could they do? Add stuff that will be cancelled in weeks? I dont think there are realistic solutions. Do people want the stuff already being added daily on their free site moved over?

That would a start.

The long term solution is to add more stuff currently serialised in WSJ (Haikyuu being the top contender) Jump Plus/Free site (Astra, Dragon Ball Super etc.) and WYJ. They can add more monthly stuff from Jump SQ (and given the Kenshin announcement, it seems they will) but that can only help once a month.

They can't relay on adding Jump Starts because the odds of a single series surviving any serialisation round is so low. Unless they really want to run a skeleton magazine.

It's worrying to think what the magazine would look like now if One Piece had a break and One Punch man wasn't in it.

Tarkus

I found Nozoki Ana from suggested reads after Berserk. It was SO damn good despite the gratuitous sex and nudity. Does anyone know of any heavy nudity, romance manga with a great storyline like Nozoki Ana?

Fbh

So.... Is Ubel Blatt worth getting into?

Have read a ton of positive opinions on it but 3 chapters in and im not convinced at all. Core concept is interesting and the art is decent but the sexual content and sexualization of female characters is too much for my taste right now...and that's considering that I love berserk (which this gets compared to a lot).

First chapter and the main character is already pseudo raping a girl and everyone except one character is OK with it. Then he finds out some new character is a girl by pulling down her pants and like 4 pages later he is basically naked fighting some dominatrix whom he basically overwhelmed with intense fucking.

Is the whole thing like this or does it get toned down later on?

Principate

Saint Titanfall

Have read a ton of positive opinions on it but 3 chapters in and im not convinced at all. Core concept is interesting and the art is decent but the sexual content and sexualization of female characters is too much for my taste right now...and that's considering that I love berserk (which this gets compared to a lot).

First chapter and the main character is already pseudo raping a girl and everyone except one character is OK with it. Then he finds out some new character is a girl by pulling down her pants and like 4 pages later he is basically naked fighting some dominatrix whom he basically overwhelmed with intense fucking.

I've forgotten most of it and find no need to go back but it's alright. It's basically another count of Monte cristo/berserk type story but not as compelling. The MC doesn't really get any better and has the whole he's a good guy this everything he does is fine for most of what I read. If your not feeling it now I'm not convinced you'll be interested further in.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
That would a start.

The long term solution is to add more stuff currently serialised in WSJ (Haikyuu being the top contender) Jump Plus/Free site (Astra, Dragon Ball Super etc.) and WYJ. They can add more monthly stuff from Jump SQ (and given the Kenshin announcement, it seems they will) but that can only help once a month.

They can't relay on adding Jump Starts because the odds of a single series surviving any serialisation round is so low. Unless they really want to run a skeleton magazine.

It's worrying to think what the magazine would look like now if One Piece had a break and One Punch man wasn't in it.

What they should do is run the Jump Starts, then wait for the first ranking to see if it's a viable series to run.
If it does decent, then they should serialize it.
If it bombs like Love Rush and Red Sprite did, ignore it.

Amalgam and Spring Weapon are DOA, forget those two.
Still too early for Demon's Plan and Ole Golazo.

Haikyuu needs to run. Have a big recap section like they did with Hunter x Hunter
Probably Kimetsu no Yaiba too.
I can't see Ghost Tits running at all. Waaay too smutty.

What they should do is run the Jump Starts, then wait for the first ranking to see if it's a viable series to run.
If it does decent, then they should serialize it.
If it bombs like Love Rush and Red Sprite did, ignore it.

Amalgam and Spring Weapon are DOA, forget those two.
Still too early for Demon's Plan and Ole Golazo.

Haikyuu needs to run. Have a big recap section like they did with Hunter x Hunter
Probably Kimetsu no Yaiba too.
I can't see Ghost Tits running at all. Waaay too smutty.

Kimetsu no Yaiba and Haikyuu should have been added a long time ago

Might as well throw in samon the summoner as well cause fuck it at least that series is still doing things.

I found Nozoki Ana from suggested reads after Berserk. It was SO damn good especially because of the gratuitous sex and nudity. Does anyone know of any heavy nudity, romance manga with a great storyline like Nozoki Ana?

Ha ha, you mistyped something in your post, don't worry I fixed it for you.

And yeah, there's some pretty good stuff out there that kinda slides into either hentai-lite or has heavy sexual elements to it. I shit you not, the manga "My Balls" is actually pretty great.

I'll have to do some digging though, I kinda forgot what a lot of them were. There's a pretty good horror one, sort of an erotic thriller, that I can't recall.

Eeeeeeeeeehhhhhhh....the artwork is great, but the manga doesn't get better. What's funny is that it does change pretty sharply and stops being as...wow, I can't believe I'm going to use this word...tryhard as it is in the first dozen or so chapters. Basically it starts out with nudity, fucking and gore and then after like...chapter 30 I think there's one sex scene for a page and the rest of it is pretty much shonen revenge fighto. The art is pretty good but the story and characters are all pretty whatever. It had potential to be a good story/character considering the premise of the manga but I pretty much stopped cold turkey when an antagonist came back and the plot went into a tailspin of nonsensical horseshit.

It's fine if you just want fights with hardly any tension but the writing is really balls.

Tarkus

Ha ha, you mistyped something in your post, don't worry I fixed it for you.

And yeah, there's some pretty good stuff out there that kinda slides into either hentai-lite or has heavy sexual elements to it. I shit you not, the manga "My Balls" is actually pretty great.

I'll have to do some digging though, I kinda forgot what a lot of them were. There's a pretty good horror one, sort of an erotic thriller, that I can't recall.
That's clearly not what I said ;)

My Balls is strange. I looked through the first volume. Wasn't hooked like Nozoki Ana. I found Aki Sora, which is OK, but then after 3 issues the whole incest thing really weirded me out.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
My Balls is the most ridiculously outrageous, hilarious concept ever. It's definitely super Zweizer though.

So they answered some of my questions in the Viz's SJ podcast.

They can't add Shonen Sunday stuff to the issue.

They are considering adding My Hero Academia Vigilante

The rest was pretty useless, they more or less ignore my one-shots question.

It's not much, but it's that.

Wiseblade

Did they say why Haikyuu isn't on the roster?

Did they say why Haikyuu isn't on the roster?

They pretty much said a few times, that since it's in the free section they are't considering it yet.

They probably will when it will up to date I guess. They are releasing the chapters relatively quickly.
-----------------------------

My Hero Academia 119

Does this series ever have a chapter that is not amazing? the simple answer is no.

The battle between Deku and Kacchan is amazing! The details and the tactics are beautiful.

They pretty much said a few times, that since it's in the free section they are't considering it yet.

They probably will when it will up to date I guess. They are releasing the chapters relatively quickly.
-----------------------------

My Hero Academia 119

Does this series ever have a chapter that is not amazing? the simple answer is no.

The battle between Deku and Kacchan is amazing! The details and the tactics are beautiful.

chapters when Bakucrew arent the focus

chapters when Bakucrew arent the focus

The Bakucrew is pretty cool.

4f5f624a94ebdce34b83d0bda418351c.jpg

Why even have a paid digital magazine if you include so much crap in it a few weeks later for free? Viz either needs to go the crunchy route or just go all in with making this paid subscription have some value.

Edit: also when the only free chapters of haikyuu are the first two you might as well not have them at all.

Why even have a paid digital magazine if you include so much crap in it a few weeks later for free? Viz either needs to go the crunchy route or just go all in with making this paid subscription have some value.

I don't think the free section is a bad Idea, it's just badly implemented right now. I could see it being useful for bridging the gap between released volumes and the current chapter of whatever series is in Viz's jump.

Would make catching up legally*possible*.

When a volume is released just remove the chapter from that GN. Just like they are doing with Haikyu and Kuroko.

Edit: They are technically already slowly doing that.

I don't think the free section is a bad Idea, it's just badly implemented right now. I could see it being useful for bridging the gap between released volumes and the current chapter of whatever series is in Viz's jump.

When a volume is released just remove the chapter from that GN. Just like they are doing with Haikyu and Kuroko.

I think the free thing made sense for Kurobasu and Haikyuu and at least Boruto too, the two sports simply for the sake of promoting those manga and giving people a way to check them out if theyd never heard of them.

Edit: They are technically already slowly doing that.

I mean I don't have a problem with that in theory, but its mind boggling that whole series like dbs and boruto are free online when the former isn't (and probably should) be in the digital magazine and the latter I pay for and others get the same translation free almost instantly.

It really feels like Viz has no idea what they're doing and is going for this jack of all master of none approach.

I think the free thing made sense for Kurobasu and Haikyuu and at least Boruto too, the two sports simply for the sake of promoting those manga and giving people a way to check them out if theyd never heard of them.

Agreed, what they did for Haikyu and Kuroko made sense. But having stuff like emperor and I, Dragon ball super and Astra there and not in the magazine doesn't.

They should have the first 3 chapters of all their JUMP series there with whatever chapter isn't released in GN format added like, let's say, 1 month after their release in the issue.

I mean I don't have a problem with that in theory, but its mind boggling that whole series like dbs and boruto are free online when the latter isn't (and probably should) be in the digital magazine and the latter I pay for and others get the same translation free almost instantly.

It really feels like Viz has no idea what they're doing and is going for this jack of all master of none approach.
I agree, they are probably trying things out, but it isn't working.

Noirulus

Hey guys, I created a web app for school that generates characters and relationships between characters. I would super appreciate if you guys could check it out and then fill a short questionnaire (3-4 questions) about the application. It's for my final report. Seeing how manga readers typically enjoy off the wall-type stuff, I thought I'd get more interesting responses from you guys. Thanks!

Web App
Questionnaire

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
I was wondering why there were no new World Trigger chapters and just read that the Manga is in indefinite hiatus due to the Mangaka's health issues.

Damn, was the only Shonen I was reading atm and Hyuse was about to join the team full time :(

Hope the dude gets better soon.

Vigilante would make a lot of sense, personally has little interest from me, but hey I'd probably give it a go.

cntr

Banned
Vigilante is pretty rubbish. The author doesn't have any of the skill Horikoshi has, so it's a very generic shounen.

Pop Step in particular comes off the worst, since she's a generic shounen heroine, which looks really bad compared to the main series.

Vigilante is pretty rubbish. It's generic writing, and the author doesn't have any of the skill Horikoshi has.

Doesn't it have only 2 chapters out? Regardless I am interested and I want more stuff in the Viz's Jump. Vigilante looks cool, perfect possible addition.

Just to add to what I said earlier, they also talked about being interested by the 4-panel comics of MHA.

cntr

Banned
Yeah, but just read the first chapter of MHA and the first chapter of Vigilante. It looks like shit in comparison. It would've been canned if it wasn't attached to a bigger series.

Smash, though, is great. Wouldn't mind if they got that.

Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen 46

Speaking of series WSJ could/should add, fucking add this one Viz. despite being seinen the subject matter is pretty tame, and the series only has 46 chapters, so it wouldn't be too hard to catch readers up (it's not particularly plot heavy either). I think it could work well for the magazine.

Even if they don't pick it up for the magazine, I would definitely like to see it get licensed.

As for the chapter, man I thought we were making some progress here....

Well that's the way it goes with these things I guess.

Revo

Kaguya Wants to be Confessed To: The Geniuses' War of Love and Brains 46

If they were able to move forward after that night I would have been insanely surprised. With how much they scheme if they were able to be upfront and bare that would have been so out of char.

mdubs

Banned

I'd prefer they didn't add that series, and I love MHA. I want more diversity and would prefer if they added other non-spinoff series.

Also, is this RWBY manga well-received? I'm not familiar with the original Rooster Teeth source material, but after a few chapters (I think I read the first three) it's pretty garbage imo

Moaradin

Shokugeki 194-195

soma9osqi.png

I'm pretty convinced Rindou is secretly the strongest Elite 10 member. Seems way too obvious now.

Hey, these recent chapters have been pretty good. Wonder if we'll see Soma's mom at all during this flashback.

Wiseblade

One Piece

I kind of want this arc to be done already. Not that I'm not enjoying it or that it has been particularly long, but I feel like I've lost track of what is going on and I'm way more interested in upcoming events.

The Promised Neverland

Sister finally makes her move. Manga is still good, but I can't really find much to say about it. Still wondering what this manga actually looks like once they leave the farm.

My Hero Academia

Every time Bakugo uses explosions to propel himself I get a little hype. Are percentages how we're going to measure Deku's growth/power level? Should have seen that coming.

One Punch Man

I just don't think this series is suited to reading once a month in tiny chapters. Haven't been feeling it in a while, but I'm sure that once catch up on my volume purchases I'll be back in.

Ole Golazo

[Insert generic British football praise here]

death march 1-15

Love it. It's yet another story where a character gets transferred to a parallel world but the world building is fairly thorough and the character is typical but likable. Glad to hear an anime adaptation is coming.

bobohoro

Mai Ball 72

I kinda dread the upcoming match because it seems so obvious what will happen with the bully-styled two opponents that disrespect fairness and their own team as well as Reika sitting out. I predict quite a few close calls in terms of injuries and that pulling through with team play is the way to win.

The setup is just really standard and with the fluffy way Mai Balls goes about its business it just doesn't work that well. But I'll gladly be proven wrong somehow.

I dropped that trash after the first chapter.

Zweizer

Banned
Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san ch42

She's the scariest after all~

Drifters ch63

Doing good so far. A surprising lack of bloodshed from their side.

Beloved ch9

Yeah, it's time they have a serious talk about their relationship.

Poor girl.

dramatis

Hey guys, I created a web app for school that generates characters and relationships between characters. I would super appreciate if you guys could check it out and then fill a short questionnaire (3-4 questions) about the application. It's for my final report. Seeing how manga readers typically enjoy off the wall-type stuff, I thought I'd get more interesting responses from you guys. Thanks!

Web App
Questionnaire
Out of curiosity, why is a character represented as a pc monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom