• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTC| Delicious cooking not in thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
The Promised Neverland ch. 19

I love how Krone's always magically appearing right behind these kids from out of nowhere, like she's on some Jason Vorhees shit. She obviously intends to play them. No reason not to accept so they can weasel out of this situation though.

Emma's face when doing the laundry looked extra goofy.

Promised Neverland 19

Krone is totally planning on helping them to escape to undermine Mama but catch them at the last second to make herself look great. I don't think she's as calculating as Mama as Mama's dressing down of her has shown but I think Krone finding out all this shit so quickly means she can't be underestimated either. We've seen her get out-maneuvered physically by the kids but she's also uncovered this plot without Ray's traitor info. She's also terrifying as fuck, Jesus.

I was sort of waffling on how racist her depiction is and kinda fell on the side of "not very" this time. I think in general it's kinda ignorant to have her be the character with all the exaggerated and ridiculous faces simply because she's the only black character and was obviously chosen for her physical scariness. But for the most part she's a pretty fleshed out character and isn't relegated to any other real stereotyping than her physical appearance. I do like her hair.

On a related note, when the fuck did the anime and manga community turn into a pile of fucking awful human beings? I've never understood how people who partake of hobbies that get marginalized or made fun of by society do that to other people. Maybe I just joined or took part in good communities in the 90s but I don't remember the vast, disgusting amount of racist, sexist and generally terrible people flooding this fucking hobby. I probably post the most in this thread and feel so strongly about it because it's like...literally the only place on the internet I can come and talk about manga without being subjected to people I'd watch burning to death in real life without blinking.

Oh man I just picked up Terra Formars vol 1 from my library because I thought the theme of terraforming is cool, and holy shit this thing took a turn I wasn't expecting. I quickly checked out vol 2 and 3. That's all they have so I'll need to order the rest.
i love how deaths from the roaches happen so suddenly, always takes me by surprise.

upandaway

The Promised Neverland ch. 19

She obviously intends to play them. No reason not to accept so they can weasel out of this situation though.

Promised Neverland 19

Krone is totally planning on helping them to escape to undermine Mama but catch them at the last second to make herself look great.
Yeah I thought the same, we're just about at the point where everyone knows what everyone's planning but not how exactly, love this kind of battle of wits

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
Promised Neverland Continues to be good. I know Ray is lying and what not, buuuut that question is going to come up and I am more than willing to bet Norman's got it in him. This ain't no slice of life with a dark tone like School-live. This is a horror story. These kids ain't getting out of here without a little blood.

I was sort of waffling on how racist her depiction is and kinda fell on the side of "not very" this time. I think in general it's kinda ignorant to have her be the character with all the exaggerated and ridiculous faces simply because she's the only black character and was obviously chosen for her physical scariness. But for the most part she's a pretty fleshed out character and isn't relegated to any other real stereotyping than her physical appearance. I do like her hair.

Yeah I'm kind of on the same mind on Krone. I get her design, her exaggerations (not even her face, but even her build and hair) offer a constrast to Mama's tight, controlled, neat design, but god is it an uncomfortable design.

Well, the reason Hi Score Girl wasn't getting published for a bit was a rights issue. They settled it, whatever it was. I think it runs in SquareEnix's magazine which is why the rights were heavily contested.

What is this, some vaguely Fighting Game related Smut? Let me just brush this off sight unsee-

D-did you just say... Sprites?

*gives shot*

3BJtUVP.png

xxMozpb.png

I mean after they made Don the only black kid exceptionally good at pick pocketing you should have realized TPN might have stereotyping issues deep down :p

bobohoro

Fairy Tail 514

You know that whole living with dragons and fighting wars stuff might actually be an interesting story.
Too bad Fairy Tail is about a way dumber war with no dragons.

And who's the father?
And is Lucy really sunk to the status of a hot-water bottle?

redlemon

Book Walker is pretty great. They have a huge amount of English licenced manga available. They have an app for mobile and a desktop reader.

Bookwalkers app is a bit slow but they let you store books on your sd card which as far as I know you can't with Kindle/Comixology and they have decent promotions on a lot of the time.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Man, Let it die is surprisingly good. I can safely say this is the most accessible grasshopper manufacturer game. Also, best OST. Based Akira Yamaoka asking 100 of japanese indie band to contribute to this game OST. One of the band also is a Jojo fan since their released a mini album titled 'diamond is not crash' and release song titled 'let it die hail 2 u, Echoes, Gold Experience, Crazy diamond'

Yakumo-san wa Edzuke ga Shitai 1
A widow feeding a highschool boy healthy dose of homecooking food. So yeah, this series cater to me so hard

Yuri danshi 4

As an all rounder yuri fan, i approve of this.

Dansai Joshi armpit hair tournament arc

This is the most shonen things ever, but with armpit hair instead of chi, mana, chakra, or whatever super power is popular.

EDIT: LMAO that dragonball isekai manga. That is the greatest plot synopsis i've ever read. YAMCHA WILL RULEZ ZA WORLD!

Wiseblade

Best isekai idea ever

I think I would just kill myself if I got reincarnated as Yamcha. Save everyone's time.
What? No way. At worst, you're friends with the strongest beings in the universe, acquainted with multiple gods and have access to a Dragon Radar. At best, it's the Emperor Pilaf arc and you have a chance to change EVERYTHING.

L.O.R.D

Fairy Tail 514

finally,a good chapter,ruined by lucy's fan service,WHAT THE POINT GETTING NAKED WITH NATSU AGAIN?

so,Eriza is daughter or the first dragon slayer? and she is like a sister to all dragon slayers?
she must have some sort of dragon slayer ability.

edit:i just realized something,erza is 400 years old too just like the rest of dragon slayers,even if she was inside of eleen's womb when she gone to 400 leap.
but how she managed to escape from the seal in battle of fairy tail (the seal that prevent any +80 years from going outside)?

Qurupeke

Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san 43

This is a lewd series. Every chapter is lewd. I'm impressed with the author's ability to make this lewder and lewder.

Arabesque

Nice! The Kenshin prologue getting translated is good news in regards to the sequel being potentially added.

Transcend Game also getting a translation is pretty good news as well. Smart of them spacing them out to cover the break unlike last year.

Oh nice Transcend Game is getting an official translation. I've been meaning to read the scans of it but since it's getting this I'll read it in Jump next week.

Usobuko

Banned
Baki is trash-tier manga. Nationalistic garbage, granted most manga is guilty of it one way or another.

Go full in politics now with Trump and Hillary making an appearance. Read the raws if you guys wanna see how absurd Trump grovelling to Ogre is like.

Arabesque

RWBY with more top tier panels

At least they were smart enough to put some text over their pointless all black and all white panels.

I'm honestly not sure what to think of RWBY's artwork thus far. I have passing knowledge of Miwa's other works (I only briefly checked out Dogs) and so seeing how he's been handling this adaptation is my first look into his art.

I mean, I get that it seems that a lot of the focus here is on character art with minimal background, and I do think it works, most of the time. But yeah, there are pages where it looks like there is nothing there but a half Black/White panel and I think "you could've drawn something there".

Baki is trash-tier manga. Nationalistic garbage, granted most manga is guilty of it one way or another.

Go full in politics now with Trump and Hillary making an appearance. Read the raws if you guys wanna see how absurd Trump grovelling to Ogre is like.

I never read the series, but didn't it always have a political bend to it?

I mean, Bush and Obama showed up in it.

Then again, Obama showed up in a lot of manga back in '08, so it might be different now?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Fairy Tail

We've gotten to the point where chapters just alternate between a character dumping massive amounts of plot exposition and typical fanservice.

Also, Natsu was rendered unconscious several chapters ago, so the old healer lady convinced Lucy to get completely naked and grind on Natsu's naked unconscious body. There is no real reason given for this. It's just happening because Fairy Tail.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?

Baki takes trash to whole new levels though. Its art style can be one of the ugliest and strangest out there too but its so stupidly entertaining even if it is repetitive. I'm waiting for aliens to invade with space martial arts just to see them get an ass whooping.

Usobuko

Banned
Just a simple google using Baki and Trump as key words leads one to this headline.

2 chapters later, Hilary visited Yujiro Hanma room and like every woman in a hentai world, gets magically attracted to the guy with his doodle sticking out in plain sight. This is only so much nationalistic sentiment I can take before I bow out.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Just a simple google using Baki and Trump as key words leads one to this headline.

2 chapters later, Hilary visited Yujiro Hanma room and like every woman in a hentai world, gets magically attracted to the guy with his doodle sticking out in plain sight. This is only so much nationalistic sentiment I can take before I bow out.

Hey you say no to Yujiro Hanma and see what happens.

Boogiepop

Oof, that was a THIN US Jump. Which gets kind of scary considering it still had a One Punch Man (which isn't there weekly), what looks like it'll be the last Jump Start chapter for the soccer manga, and apparently the trash that is RWBY will eventually move from being weekly to monthly once it catches up or something, right? And still no additions to the lineup. (Though they do look to have grabbed some interesting enough things to fill in the "blank"/off weeks for this time around). We're going to end up with some really, really dire issues soon if they don't hurry up and do something about this already, ugh.

Oof, that was a THIN US Jump. Which gets kind of scary considering it still had a One Punch Man (which isn't there weekly), what looks like it'll be the last Jump Start chapter for the soccer manga, and apparently the trash that is RWBY will eventually move from being weekly to monthly once it catches up or something, right? And still no additions to the lineup. (Though they do look to have grabbed some interesting enough things to fill in the "blank"/off weeks for this time around). We're going to end up with some really, really dire issues soon if they don't hurry up and do something about this already, ugh.

What could they do? Add stuff that will be cancelled in weeks? I dont think there are realistic solutions. Do people want the stuff already being added daily on their free site moved over?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom