• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTC| Delicious cooking not in thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yu Yu Hasuko #38

Yeeeeaaah, this isn't doing it for me. I posted about this before and you guys mostly told me it wouldn't get much better, but I felt like giving a chance still. The four leads came together but I'm still super bored, really.

I'm super disappointed because I love Hunter x Hunter
2011 anime
so I was looking for something similar by Togashi, but bleah.
Well, lets put it this way, HxH is awesome because Togashi took how much YYH sucked to heart.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Happiness ch. 23

Obviously this gaunt-faced asshole wasn't gonna be on the level, but fuck me, this went from 0 to 100 real quick. I don't know how
Gosho survives a throat slashing unless Yuki turned her into a vampire when she passed out. I don't know why he'd stand by and let Yuki turn her though.

Yu Yu Hasuko #38

Yeeeeaaah, this isn't doing it for me. I posted about this before and you guys mostly told me it wouldn't get much better, but I felt like giving a chance still. The four leads came together but I'm still super bored, really.

2011 anime

The beginning of YYH is almost completely different from the series later on. I would really urge you to stick with it. It picks up immensely after the arc you're currently in. And I think that might be an understatement

Grand Blue 21.5
HTLsAMr.png

The best of friends.

Quasar

Nana to Kaoru - final - Despite my utter frustration that we never got a time jump, this really was a pretty great finale. More or less a wedding scene.

Can't wait to see what the mangaka does next.

Nana to Kaoru END

This would probably be one of my favorite manga if the last dozen chapters weren't such a slap in the face and Black Label didn't undermine half the series

Quasar

Nana to Kaoru END

This would probably be one of my favorite manga if the last dozen chapters weren't such a slap in the face and Black Label didn't undermine half the series

Well I don't think I completely agree. That said the whole tension the final arc is built around wouldn't work with any romance comic, let alone one where we've already seen the future. Of course that's true if any action comic where the protagonist is supposedly fighting for his life. We all know they won't be killed.

TokiDoki

Yu Yu Hasuko #38

2011 anime

If I have to rate , the starting arc 6/10 . Dark Tournament and Sensui arc 10/10 . It's really that much better .

Nordicus

Kawaii Joushi o Komasaretai 12

She got a point
tnasF1C.jpg

So, the head of a food manufacturer's R&D can't cook? RIP. I am kinda hoping this gag doesn't go the usual burnt purple toxic lovecraftian horror route tho. Her being self-aware is a start tho

grand blue 7 - 9

lol, the competitions were pretty good. Literally every other student hating Iori now is hilarious. I also like how they're just at school in their underwear and its completely normal.

Yu Yu Hasuko #38

2011 anime

reading Yu Yu Hakusho
dahell2.png

dropping it before the Dark Tournament
dahell2.png

Moaradin

Yu Yu Hasuko #38

2011 anime

If you love the HxH anime, why did you pick up the Yu Yu Hakusho manga? The anime is great. You should give that a try.

With the English dub.

Zweizer

Banned
Prison School ch238

Going out with a bang.

Kingdom ch500

Ten is still so green. Good thing others know how to act.

Criminale! ch29

Of course he wasn't able to make some definite choice. Gonna be a battle against the FBI next I guess.

Aho Girl ch71-71.5

RIP doggo.

Dem banana moves were amazing.

Akagi ch292

It's kind of amazing how Fukumoto can manage to drag this out.

Kawaii Joushi wo Komarasetai ch11-12

She's right in that purposefully trying to make her jealous is a dick move.

Minamoto-kun Monogatari ch198-199

He really likes boobs.

Taruranto

If you love the HxH anime, why did you pick up the Yu Yu Hakusho manga? The anime is great. You should give that a try.

With the English dub.

I usually prefer to check the source material when possible over an adaptation. I checked HxH anime out of curiosity while it was still running and because they told me the manga was scribbles after a certain point.

I don't watch stuff dubbed. :p

Zweizer

Banned
(NSFW) Is My Hobby Weird? ch.Extra

Pajama party!

Yuri threesome!

All is right with the world.

Shinmai Shimai no Futari Gohan ch13 & 16

Non-gamey wild meat? Gosh that sounds so mouth-watering.

Aunt is a cool lady as well.

Heart Gifts: First Part by Hattori Masahiko

Shiro and Kuro are childhood friends. By force of circumstances, Kuro literally gave her heart to Shiro, while she herself got a mechanical heart in replacement. Now they're both living with a heart that isn't theirs, and life goes on. One day, their school physician notices that both their hearts are beating wildly as they get closer...

A pretty interesting premise, gonna see how this plays out.

cntr

Banned
Some anime are just elevated by their dubs. Tell me that G Gundam should be watched subbed, and you'd be wrong.

Besides, you can't beat English Smile Bomb.

e: Also, if you're a native English speaker, and a show has a good dub, you're going to understand a lot more about what it's actually about than if you watched it subbed. That's just how languages work.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
They should get Kuwabara's dub voice for Okuyasu

It will be kind of tough since Chris Sabat works with Funimation.
But they did get him to cameo on One Punch Man and that was a Viz dub.
Then again, that was a cameo compared to the many episodes Okuyasu appears in.

Boruto 8

Ready to see what Boruto can do, save your sensei.

Food Wars!
C0niCXtWgAAOvp4.jpg:small

Wish this backstory could last longer, Joichiro and Azami never gets old. I think this Asura version with the present day Azami is kind of a good fit for each other.

MHA 120

YOOOO Bakugo my boy! What an amazing chapter! I just loooove the way this is written and boy is the art just amazing!

Also shout out to Bakugo#1 and Kirishima #5

The Promised Neverland 20
C0nsenHXcAAAkAq.jpg:small

Sad that the adult females are trapped but what about the guys, whose making more childrens and where did they go?

In any case, that was my fav panel, happily picking butterflies while saying such harsh words.

BLack Clover
C0nnDczWIAA2FdC.jpg:small

Dorksta with probably my favorite moment of the week, always enjoy his eyes like that but then him seemingly cautiously moving foward slowly saying that. Epic reflection later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom