• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTC| Delicious cooking not in thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Helck 80.2

Oh so they opened the portal to Hell, similar to Doom.

Poor kitty tho.

Also:

MjlQkKu.png

Too cute.

Hi Score Girl 32

Frame data and tier lists? Funs over!

Manga really bullshit on who goes to arcades. A gothic lolita cosplayer who mains Felicia? yeah right

That montage of video game characters marching forward for their loved ones is legit amazing

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I'm vaguely surprised Iris Zero doesn't have an anime. It's full of moe girls and implausible ocular powers. Seems right up Anime Fan's alley.

Luck Stealer 1- 49/END
Was an interesting manga about an assassin who can steal others luck, thus causing them to die in unlinkable accidents. Then it sorta just fell apart half-way through when it turn into a whole religious cult thing....yeah.

Zweizer

Banned
Nukoduke! ch91-94

That was heartbreaking.

Okusan ch38-39

I can't tell if Okusan is dumb or smart sometimes.

Poor Wakaba though.

Nana to Kaoru ch156 (End)

A pretty by-the-books ending reiterating what the series originally was about. I can only hope there'll be a more elaborate epilogue later, since as it stands it's a rather poor finale.

Fbh

Boruto:
Ok the samurai Kyuubi was cool, and I also like how the pacing in this is fast.
Boruto is still a boring and uninspired character though

One Punch Man
This guys is so damn good at drawing movement during action scenes.
Still, I wonder if we will see what happens next anytime soon or if we are in for 2 months of more side characters.
Also, while not unique of this chapter, the way he cuts his chapters is really weird. Almost every manga, even the short 15 pages ones, have a clear intro, middle point and ending. Here it's allways like he is in the middle of chapter and just stops because he reached enough pages

My Hero Academia:
I'm fine with how this ended. I hope that after this their relationship improves a bit after this.
I really don't get why Bakugou is so popular. Except for a few chapters like this one he hardly is a character at all. 90% of his scenes are just him being extremely violent and aggresive taken to such an extreme that he can't even be taken seriously as a character

cntr

Banned
I really don't get why Bakugou is so popular. Except for a few chapters like this one he hardly is a character at all. 90% of his scenes are just him being extremely violent and aggresive taken to such an extreme that he can't even be taken seriously as a character
Bakugou does have a lot of character, but it's subtle and you gotta read between the lines since he hides his actual feelings by getting super pissed. Most of his scenes actually are jokes, though

He probably won the poll because people were happy he didn't end up joining the villains and becoming "Sasuke"

Damn did anybody know Keyman ended a week ago?

Fuck, really? Translations must be a couple behind cause even tho shit just went down and we're entering the endgame I don't think one chapter is nearly enough to wrap everything up.

I'm vaguely surprised Iris Zero doesn't have an anime. It's full of moe girls and implausible ocular powers. Seems right up Anime Fan's alley.

It's really good which kinda explains that away. As cute as the girls are, there's only one (well two now) actual love interests. MC ain't a self insert piece of shit either so Blu-ray sales would tank.

Nana to Kaoru ch156 (End)

A pretty by-the-books ending reiterating what the series originally was about. I can only hope there'll be a more elaborate epilogue later, since as it stands it's a rather poor finale.

Did they fuck or will I eternally have blue balls?

sengoku youko 26 - 99 end

Finally got around to finishing this. Have to say, I wasn't expecting Senya to have such a big role in this when he first got introduced. It was an interesting story though. Overall I'd say this was pretty good.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
sengoku youko 26 - 99 end

Finally got around to finishing this. Have to say, I wasn't expecting Senya to have such a big role in this when he first got introduced. It was an interesting story though. Overall I'd say this was pretty good.

How did you feel about that big ending battle?

Taruranto

Vinland Sasa 135

Completely forgot who the girls were, had to go back and re-read a couple of chapters. The manga is not bad, but it really doesn't grab me anymore. Monthly release doesn't help I guess.

Criminale! 29

UkipBAN.png

YOU CHOSE POORLY

Time for The Disappearance of Harukaze Kanan II - This Time it's Personal. And then for her classmates to rally around to save her and/or for MC's dormant criminal blood to awaken. And then for him to marry the phantom thief and everyone to live happily ever after.

Popstar

Also, while not unique of this chapter, the way he cuts his chapters is really weird. Almost every manga, even the short 15 pages ones, have a clear intro, middle point and ending. Here it's allways like he is in the middle of chapter and just stops because he reached enough pages
That's because he does cut in the middle of the chapters. Single chapters are often split up into multiple releases.

You can tell if a release is at the start of the chapter or the middle by looking at the first page. If it's the start of a new chapter there will be a "<N>th PUNCH" box somewhere.

One Punch Man (Murata)

Finally bit the bullet and read through OPM. I subconsciously avoid "____ of the year" things so I didn't get a chance to participate in the hype (last year?). I am somewhat grateful for that, because I went into OPM with a clear head and really really enjoyed it.

1st half (where the anime ends)? I couldn't stop reading and was grinning the whole time

2nd half? Eh, im not sure where this going and Im losing interest in Saitima. That being said, I want more focus on the other heroes. Delinquient guy with a baseball bat vs Tenjo Tenge guy was GREAT.

The problem with Murata OPM is that it stalls really really really fucking hard. The manga should have entered the Garou arc a long ass time ago which is basically the absolute best part of the original so far.

One Punch Man (Murata)

Finally bit the bullet and read through OPM. I subconsciously avoid "____ of the year" things so I didn't get a chance to participate in the hype (last year?). I am somewhat grateful for that, because I went into OPM with a clear head and really really enjoyed it.

1st half (where the anime ends)? I couldn't stop reading and was grinning the whole time

2nd half? Eh, im not sure where this going and Im losing interest in Saitima. That being said, I want more focus on the other heroes. Delinquient guy with a baseball bat vs Tenjo Tenge guy was GREAT.

That's because this entire tournament arc is essentially filler that wasn't in the original. It jumped straight to the Garou arc

The problem with Murata OPM is that it stalls really really really fucking hard. The manga should have entered the Garou arc a long ass time ago which is basically the absolute best part of the original so far.

The Garou arc is actually pretty short. They're writing this tournament arc to pad out Season 2 so that it will end on the Garou arc. The pacing will probably be better if you go back and binge read this arc, rather than waiting for the next release

Mandelbo

Re-reading Punpun... knowing how it all ends is making this exceptionally hard.

dammit aiko why'd you ever have to meet punpun in the first place ;-;

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Hi Score Girl 32

Manga really bullshit on who goes to arcades. A gothic lolita cosplayer who mains Felicia? yeah right

That montage of video game characters marching forward for their loved ones is legit amazing

Hey this is Japan. It could happen.
Hey-game-06.jpg

Hi Score Girl 32

You've never been to a Japanese arcade, have you? There are all types in there. Arcades are also MASSIVE (usually multiple floors) and have machines that cater to all types of people

EDEN: IT'S AN ENDLESS WORLD! I had this recommended to me as I was in need of something to read and while I am really grateful for the recommendation, this manga left so many loose ends (development wise) that by the end I just ended up reading for the conclusion.

But don't get me wrong, the world is excellent as well are the characters and art style, that suits its post apocalyptic setting to a tee. I feel I could go on for a lot longer about just the characters and their interactions, but suffice to say I can't think of a character in this that felt one-dimensional or bland.

All in all my complete summary for this would be the following:

Oh cool robot and world setting. Wait what happen who is he? Wait how did all that happen and why won't anyone stay alive. Oh this is neat! Oh god everything went wrong. Oh this is a cool character development and she's pretty cool. And now she's suddenly dead. And so is she. And wait there is going to be a new god/universe? Where did that come from. Oh cool, that was a nice action scene to end it all.. and well the rest made little to no sense.

bobohoro

Nana to Karou 156

Fuck this stupid fucking manga.

Last third of this manga was schwarbage.

Disheartening. I'm at around chapter 135 when I left due to reading some spoilers on the shitty upcoming arc and I'm note sure if I even want to finish the manga.
Which is a shame, because NtK was pretty amazing for a long time.

The Garou arc is actually pretty short. They're writing this tournament arc to pad out Season 2 so that it will end on the Garou arc. The pacing will probably be better if you go back and binge read this arc, rather than waiting for the next release
I wasn't aware it was short, I read it while One was writing it so it felt like 20 years had passed by the time it was done.

Disheartening. I'm at around chapter 135 when I left due to reading some spoilers on the shitty upcoming arc and I'm note sure if I even want to finish the manga.
Which is a shame, because NtK was pretty amazing for a long time.

Eh the ending was passable but with the expectation set by these 2 you can see why people would be very disappointed.

that last arc was fucking terrible and i personally feel that the author just ran out of ideas and wanted to end it (even though i feel it could have been taken in other directions given the existing content and reach the same conclusion of being "the end")

Taruranto

Yu Yu Hasuko #38

Yeeeeaaah, this isn't doing it for me. I posted about this before and you guys mostly told me it wouldn't get much better, but I felt like giving a chance still. The four leads came together but I'm still super bored, really.

I'm super disappointed because I love Hunter x Hunter
2011 anime
so I was looking for something similar by Togashi, but bleah.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Criminale! 29

UkipBAN.png

YOU CHOSE POORLY

Time for The Disappearance of Harukaze Kanan II - This Time it's Personal. And then for her classmates to rally around to save her and/or for MC's dormant criminal blood to awaken. And then for him to marry the phantom thief and everyone to live happily ever after.
assassin girl is winning deal with it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom