• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTC| Delicious cooking not in thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revo

Himouto! Umaru-chan 143

Solid step on her road. Good balance of showing she isn't ready yet but could be in the future.

Magi - 299

So Aladdin probably looks like his dad. Not much to tell with that silhouette
Judar is with him too, I think.
I hope Alibaba gets Amon soon.

Shokugeki no soma -159

As expected, he did make use of spices.
I wonder how Azami will treat the loser.
Also, I liked how Soma just called Azami Nakamura lol

Shun

Gokukoku no Brynhildr 179

Finally this is ending. This has been a really really really dumb train wreck of a series. RIP Kazumi, your thirst will be miss.

Now Okamoto can work on something not completely garbage. Or go full smut with Yorimen and actually write and release Kimi wa Midara na Boku no Joou regularly.

Sci-F tragedy is not your thing Okamoto. Smut and real life tragedy is your thing.

Fureru to Kikoeru 4-5
rGzI9rQ.png
These developments lose some of their effectiveness when you're actually fine with the MC and his crush not hooking up, because Satori is so clearly the superior route that it's not even funny. That said, I'm still interested in the dynamics between the trio of friends.

Gokukoku no Brynhildr 179

Read the OP and then don't post fucking untagged spoilers from 10+ chapters ahead of the English translations again. Especially not about
character deaths.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Nina-san no Mahou Seikatsu ch3

unexpectedly, she's also strong enough to beat a monster without magic. Too strong.

Luger Code 1951 1-2

A genius linguist assigned to break werewolves codes to win a war. He and his best buddy, assigned to take one of the werewolves to be analyzed

Drawn by Akatsuki Akira (medaka box) and the author is the winner of anime Shonen Jump+ x Animax Anime Scenario Award. So anime adaptation automatically confirmed

Wiseblade

So I decided to read through my Magi volumes...

Man, I forgot how strong the start for this was. Crazy that chapter 4 still gives me ADVENTURE feels even after all this time. Seeing the way everything up to and including Balbadd ties together was great and it still sets up all the things to follow in a way I hadn't noticed.

I kind of dropped the manga after I felt that it had spun out of control, but remembering the good times has me seriously considering catching up. It's supposed to be ending soon, right?

rrvv

I kind of dropped the manga after I felt that it had spun out of control, but remembering the good times has me seriously considering catching up. It's supposed to be ending soon, right?

Not really, We just had time skip. so half way I guess. Thought so far the time skip do feel like adventure again

Arabesque

Not really, We just had time skip. so half way I guess. Thought so far the time skip do feel like adventure again

From what I remember, Shinbou said on her blog that everything post time skip is final arc stuff. Probably won't end soon given how dire the situation is at Shonen Sunday, but it's ending after this storyline is done.

Boku no Hero Academia 83

DEATH FLAGS! again for ALL MIGHT!

who can the traitor be hmmmmm... isn't that cat girl missing? oh well, hopefully that dude who got kidnapped doesn't join the dark side in order to get stronger ala Shonen trope 101

Fire Brigade of Flames 19-20

forgot this series existed

I guess they were trying to showcase some in depth backstory here but it was really kinda shallow to the point of humor

oh well... the main character now has his very first admirer for his future potential harem :/

Isn't she like way older then him too?

anyway we now have some groundwork for the combustion phenomenon and thus move forward in the plot

Fire Brigade of Flames 19-20

heart eyes? Sadistic girl turns super housewifey and tsundere after MC punches her and says generic shonen line?

Just when I thought this series couldn't get any worse. I dunno why I even picked this up just because there was a girl who steps on people. This always happens. Fucking Japan.

trash.jpg

Magi 297,298,299

Alibaba goes fourth to other lands in order to sell Kou's transpiration technology and make economic agreements with nations. All these chapters were basically Alibaba meeting up with old friends. One is still single while her crush is a king with babes (ass) while the other guy is married not with one but two wives. That and we get small hints of what happened to Aladdin here and there (dude lives on a floating island). Oh and some minor character had a tantrum and is in hiding in order to take over Reim.

Lain

Pandora in the Crimson Shell Ghost Urn Volume 3
http://i.picpar.com/3aLb.jpg

This manga keeps being a damn riot. A funny romp from start to end. I love Nene and Clarion and their differing personalities (this volume highlighted how Nene seems to use Clarion as a moral support in a couple of places, not like her attachment to Clarion hasn't been weird since the beginning though).
I love that poor idol that since the first volume has been blasted left and right (the fact she's still alive is nothing short of a miracle, it's like she's a human cockroach) and whose name always gets cut off. She gets shit on in every interlude and yet she keeps trucking on. A real trooper.
I even like Takumi, despite all her scheming, though that's because she makes all those cute faces and Clarion always brings down the drop kick of justice.

The thing that makes it such an enjoyable read for me is probably the mix between the hi-tech background of the story (which is also reflected in all the details put in the world and world-building) and the cute and very expressive characters and art style.
Really, the creative marriage between Shirow Masamune and Rikudou Koushi to give birth to this story was a match made in heaven.
I really hope the anime will do justice to it all.

Cover gets a link because, even if the manga isn't NSFW and the cover didn't net it a black shrinkwrap (or any kind of shrinkwrap), at a glance it can give a very weird impression and I'd rather not risk people getting in trouble over it.

Behind the Scenes Vol.01

from the creator of ouran comes a new series about a guy with zero self confidence getting roped into joining the Art Squad, a club that does all the busy body work of the film clubs on campus

it's pretty fun, a nice cast of different characters, the whole premise of working on the stuff for movies is pretty interesting to read about. it'll probably be the usual no confidence guy gains some along the way but I don't hate the guy so that works

it doesn't have the same insanity of ouran but its only vol 1

Rhode Island is so far away but at least closer than west coast. I hope suBLime will be there. http://www.bishounencon.com/

Gardena, CA, USA — March 17, 2016 — YaoiCon, the only Western fan-focused convention dedicated solely to the yaoi genre of Japanese anime and manga, is proud to announce a new endeavor on the East Coast in honor of its 15th year. BishounenCon, an 18+ yaoi+ convention for fans of boys love, yaoi, and LGBT comics and media from all around the world, will debut March 3-5, 2017, at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Warwick, Rhode Island.

How many chapters do you guess it will take until Gon appears again in HxH?

....I'm going to say 20 chapters, and it will be a brief appearance like when he couldn't do Nen and returned to Whale Island. Gon is going to be out of this arc for awhile, he'll get dragged in at some point for sure. But for now its the Kapurica + Leorio show and Ging + Partsion show.

So I decided to read through my Magi volumes...

Man, I forgot how strong the start for this was. Crazy that chapter 4 still gives me ADVENTURE feels even after all this time. Seeing the way everything up to and including Balbadd ties together was great and it still sets up all the things to follow in a way I hadn't noticed.

I kinda stop reading after it turned into a beam spam fest somewhere in 100s, maybe I will pick it up back as well

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
I am hero in osaka 1
The official spin-off of I am hero by Kengo Hanazawa.
Unfortunately, not as good as the og one. There's some great scene here and there, but the character is not that interesting to be honest.

Luger code end

Talk about abrupt end. Nothing much is explained, and there's that classic sacrificing your humanity to save your friend. I sure hope the anime adaptation is better than this.

Revo

There's a Demon Lord on the Floor 9

Good that they decided to stick with their cooking ability and not completely ruin a wedding cake.

NY Times Top Manga Sellers March 6-12
*1. Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal Vol.8
*2. One-Punch Man Vol.5
*3. One-Punch Man Vol.1
*4. Tokyo Ghoul Vol.5
*5. Tokyo Ghoul Vol.1
*6. Seraph of the End: Vampire Reign Vol.8 (NEW)
*7. Monster Musume: Everyday Life With Monster Girls Vol.8
*8. Persona 4 Vol.1 (NEW)
*9. Bleach Vol.66
10. Tokyo Ghoul Vol.2

Previous Week
*1. One-Punch Man Vol.5 (NEW)
*2. Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal Vol.8 (NEW)
*3. Bleach Vol.66 (NEW)
*4. Tokyo Ghoul Vol.5
*5. Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? Vol.4
*6. Fairy Tail Vol.52
*7. Demonizer Zilch Vol.1 (NEW)
*8. Noragami Vol.11
*9. Tokyo Ghoul Vol.1
10. One-Punch Man Vol.1

Jintor

Yotsuba v1

Well it took me a year and three quarters but I finally finished reading this in japanese... and I still need to work on my vocab. But it really is a good challenge level right now.

Moaradin

asked this in the off topic thread but does anyone know if HxH is in the english WSJ? How did they handle the last time it went out of hiatus?

upandaway

asked this in the off topic thread but does anyone know if HxH is in the english WSJ? How did they handle the last time it went out of hiatus?
Yeah I think it is. The last time, the fan translations were pretty terrible and I heard the WSJ translations were so much better. Really wanted to read it there.

Arabesque

Yeah I think it is. The last time, the fan translations were pretty terrible and I heard the WSJ translations were so much better. Really wanted to read it there.

Yeah, they made a big deal over it joining English Shonen Jump when it came back a year ago. Then the hiatus happened lol

It will in all likelihood join the line up again. The official translations last time were lightyears better than the rush job the scanalations did primarily because they were trying to actually translate the dialogue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom