• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTC| Delicious cooking not in thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

upandaway

Oumagadoki Zoo 1-37.5/END
The first published manga by Kouhei Horikoshi (My Hero Academia), overall it was an interesting concept a. While I enjoyed the manga quite a bit, I can see why the manga wouldn't be able to survive in Jump and got axed. At least the axed ending was better then most.
I liked it too, the thing that really jumped at me reading it was the character designs (animal-human hybrids) were really really good. It's why I thought the MHA concept was a perfect fit for him.

Tejima Senpai 3
MDV2wvK.png
The secret ingredient is love. And by love, I mean brass. Being assistant-kun is suffering.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Tokyo Ghoul:re ch. 69

Here's hoping Furuta gets iced next chapter.

... But I half expect him and Kaneki exchange some words and then he lets the two go.

Zweizer

Banned
Tomo-chan wa Onna no ko! ch277

She should get a new haircut.

Himouto! Umaru-chan ch144

Impulse-buying furniture is a bad idea.

kasane

Fir some reason i completely forgot the oh great also did tenjo tenge

And for another insane reason ibforgot that it also got batshit crazy out of hand throe any idea out there oh great style.

Zweizer

Banned
Kingdom ch467

As expected, it's become quite hectic.

Youkai Shoujo - Monsuga ch69

Pointless backstory yay.

Tejina Senpai ch3

Such a kind senpai~

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Tejina senpai 3
Oh look, she did her first successful magic trick. Whoever wrote that text at the side is on point. Senpai is fine~

The twin exorcist 27
It's still your standard shonen series, but boy, the art sure looks pretty.

Lexxism

Tomo-chan wa Onnanoko! 277

Jun sure treat Tomo differently with her hair is down or not. Maybe she need to grow her hair to make Jun realize that she's a freaking girl!

Zweizer

Banned
Inari, Konkon, Koi Iroha. by Yoshida Morohe

The story of Inari, your everyday clumsy and plain high schooler, who crushes after Koji, the basketball star of the school. One day, as she rescues a little fox, she befriends Uka, the goddess residing in the nearby shrine, and following some extraordinary circumstances, obtains the power to copy the appearance of anyone else. Of course, possessing such a power will inevitably lead to additional complications in her quest of conquering her crush...

Firstly I must say that it's a very 'safe' manga, in that it doesn't really try to stray away from the common developments of the genre, though it does manage to stay relatively light-hearted, even if it has its fair share of contrived drama. Most of the characters are pretty likeable, and it's nice to read a romcom that tells from a female perspective, althoug Inari can sometimes pass off as being too shoehorned in the 'insecure girl who wishes to be the perfect bride' archetype. The art is cute and pleasant to look at, and fits the setting well, and it's a pretty nice series overall, even if nothing extraordinary.

Read Inari Konkon if you wish to a simple, fantastical manga about working out the courage to go out with your love as you coexist with gods.

diaspora

The story of Inari, your everyday clumsy and plain high schooler, who crushes after Koji, the basketball star of the school. One day, as she rescues a little fox, she befriends Uka, the goddess residing in the nearby shrine, and following some extraordinary circumstances, obtains the power to copy the appearance of anyone else. Of course, possessing such a power will inevitably lead to additional complications in her quest of conquering her crush...

Firstly I must say that it's a very 'safe' manga, in that it doesn't really try to stray away from the common developments of the genre, though it does manage to stay relatively light-hearted, even if it has its fair share of contrived drama. Most of the characters are pretty likeable, and it's nice to read a romcom that tells from a female perspective, althoug Inari can sometimes pass off as being too shoehorned in the 'insecure girl who wishes to be the perfect bride' archetype. The art is cute and pleasant to look at, and fits the setting well, and it's a pretty nice series overall, even if nothing extraordinary.

Read Inari Konkon if you wish to a simple, fantastical manga about working out the courage to go out with your love as you coexist with gods.
TBH the only thing I liked about this was the sidestory about her older brother.

bobohoro

Tomo-chan 277

I think messy haired Tomo is way more attractive. Jun's dumb.

Youkai Shoujo 69

Just once in shonen manga I'd like someone not guilt tripping themselves over stuff they weren't all that much responsible for. Things happen, get on with it.
This obviously won't happen here either.

Oh and concerning the Yuri/Yaoi-thing, since I might have come off wrong: I enjoy DTL's posts, they give some nice insights into stuff I don't read and his/her opinions on popular manga are fairly interesting and entertaining due to the unique angle. And while I'm not interested in pure Yaoi, I'd be more than welcoming to all entertainment media in general tackling boy-on-boy romance more often and in a more serious/accepting manner.

Oh you finally read it.

Uka is pretty good.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Himouto umaru-chan latest
lol, let's hope Taihei can refund that or switch it. Goddamn what a waste of money. That shit is expensive!
I did similar thing before, i still regret it orz

dramatis

I think you guys missed the point.

It's not an issue of "too much smut". It's that for some reason, lesbians are hot/cute, girl talking smut to a guy and vice versa is "piques my interest", but two guys going at it is too much and time to run away?

What I'm saying is that if you're gungho for or completely okay with girl on girl action, then you better be goddamn okay with DTL and gay guys too.

my hero academia smash 8

No wait go back, grape kid is right how DOES Asui make kids?

It's not an issue of "too much smut". It's that for some reason, lesbians are hot/cute, girl talking smut to a guy and vice versa is "piques my interest", but two guys going at it is too much and time to run away?

What I'm saying is that if you're gungho for or completely okay with girl on girl action, then you better be goddamn okay with DTL and gay guys too.

It doesn't bother me at all.

There will be always someone new that is not ready for the DTL. I was a victim too lol.

DTL doesn't bother me at all. I'm just not interested in smut period, guy/girl, guy/guy or girl/girl.

elyetis

Sing Yesterday for me vol 10 & 11 ( end )

Finaly took time to read it. To be honest SYFM kind of lost me along the way, going into too many characters I think, so I'm maybe not really fair to the ending... which isn't bad, but I found pretty predictable, and not much feel were felt.

In other news I finaly decided to sell some of my manga, series I don't feel like finishing ( sorry Natsume yuujinchou I only like the anime not the manga )/keeping ( naruto what have you become ) .... I hate selling books, must be some kind of collector OCD. But I need that space for other manga I have yet to buy like Erased.

Hero Union BBS ch28 (End)

The world is peaceful today too.

Yeah, she and Akemi definitely made it more enjoyable than it'd otherwise be.

i thought Akemi was alright but i feel there was some stuff missing from her story, like her background (which hints to why she was like she was in the beginning).

Also
not a fan how the stuff with Keiko was handled especially Keiko's kinda nasty (imo) reaction at learning about it as well and its "resolution".

Its almost like the author wanted to go for it then got cold feet and undone everything very hastily but hey

Zweizer

Banned
i thought Akemi was alright but i feel there was some stuff missing from her story, like her background (which hints to why she was like she was in).

Also
not a fan how the stuff with Keiko was handled especially Keiko's kinda nasty (imo) reaction at learning about it as well and part of its "resolution".

Its almost like the author wanted to go for it then got cold feet and undone everything very hastiliy but hey

Yeah it definitely was handled awkwardly, or felt like it was axed.

As I stated, it's a pretty 'safe' series.

Furyous

OP, is it possible to add Web Novels to this thread's description?

Let me kick this off right with a possibly large list of recommendations:

Reincarnator

zx2pneplb7wdcf1w.jpg

Synopsis:

One of the last remaining remnants of humanity travels back in time to try to save humanity.

Why I like it:

It's got action, suspense, and incredibly cunning strategic elements. I just love the MC's lack of fucks to give about people. You'd think this guy cared but nah, fuck feelings. It's currently on chapter 60.

Reincarnated as a Dragon's egg

51WmM82aHuL._SX350_BO1204203200_.jpg

Synopsis:

Dude gets reincarnated as a Dragon and tries to survive.

Why I like it:

This guy is funny as a dragon yet constantly fights enemies stronger than him. Currently on chapter 58.

The New Gate (Web Novel edition)

Synopsis:

Guy beats game and is not allowed to log out only to wake up X years later in the same world.

Why I Like It:

It moves faster than the manga series and has much better character development.

Dragon Maken War

dragon-maken-war.jpg

Synopsis:

Dude kills an enemy only he's forced to take a dragon's sleep waking up X years later in the same world.

Why I Like It:

This guy has to actually retrain himself to get back to his old days. It's written in a way that tells us that allows us to understand his growth in ability as he has to actually train from the ground up.

Legend

817wCSrUszL.jpg

Synopsis:

Dude dies but is provided with the option to be reborn in a world with magic.

Why I like it:

MC has a excellent companion that is really reliable. He's a young adult surviving on his own in a new world with only his partner beside him.

You know in Seven Deadly Sins, I think they missed out on a huge moment by having Elanie revived like that and not pulling the whole soul switcheroo.

The story could have gone the route of Ban's sister being revenge-born into Elaine's body (which is the route it's foreshadowed to go to in that chapter) and wreaking havoc forcing Ban to have even more character growth. Instead she's ex machinaed into the mortal realm with no repercussions and Ban lost a clearly defined goal and a reason to be there for the endgame, nor does the whole Goddess clan proposal amount to anything spectacular.

Hero Cooperation Union Exchange Bulletin Board 1-28/END
Was quite an interesting read with a very different take on the whole being summoned as a hero. I'm going to miss Student Hero, he was truly the best.

Furyous

Revo

Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari 22

Don't remember how they got Kiel in the wn but im at least glad this ch did a lot for the characters.

Lexxism

Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari 22

Don't remember how they got Kiel in the wn but im at least glad this ch did a lot for the characters.
This one has 3 version: WN, LN and Manga. WN is the original followed by LN and Manga? From what I read, WN is already done? LN is about to wrap up and manga is pretty much behind.

Revo

This one has 3 version: WN, LN and Manga. WN is the original followed by LN and Manga? From what I read, WN is already done? LN is about to wrap up and manga is pretty much behind.

WN is indeed already done. LN is probably more polished and things have changed and I assume the manga follows the LN mostly.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan

Got it. I personally have no problem with yaoi, and once in a while, i take a look at what DTL recommend.

Tomo-chan 277

Tomo better prepare herself some rainy confession if she want Jun to treat her like a girl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom