• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTC| Delicious cooking not in thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Furumapura 4

Those uninspiring school mysteries get a score of 2. If I was there I'd spice them up a little.

Shoujo Kessen Orgia 1
LGdOWzE.png

Seinen series starring a cute girl with cute powers fighting in a cute survival game to save her cute waifu. Features fluffy skinship with friends and violent skinship with weapons, the latter of which makes a pleasing contrast with the art style. Reminds me of Mugen no Minamo ni, so followed.

Wiseblade

One Piece

I'm so hype!

* One Piece rescue arcs currently have a 100% success ratio. ESPECIALLY when rescuing a guy.
* More alliances! The day Luffy picks up the phone is going to be amazing.
* NAMI HAS A NEW WEAPON! She has to get a fight in the next arc, right? RIGHT?

I CAN'T STOP SHAKING

SEND HELP

Ugh, so much to catch up on. I need a day to read all the shit I've missed.

That being said, Escanor is like...the only reason to read Seven Deadly Sins anymore.

Escanor is just...the best. This chapter was fucking stupid awesome.

dani_dc

I am Hero - Vol 15-16

Warning: BIG SPOILERS

So overall I've been loving the series, which is why I have to bring a couple of scenes that really took me out of it.

The onsen scene was rather badly executed. I can accept the premise of "We're screwed, we're going to die, so we might as well walk inside the onsen", but the lack of any self-awareness of the characters and how casually they act towards it really took me off the scene.
Hiromi I can understand, she has been "ok" with the situation from the start, but I expected Oda to display some level of humanity by acknowledging (accepting or not) her incoming death.

Which leads me to the next scene that I dislike, Oda death.
Having her being bitten by a random zombie baby and the way that she hold it (so she could kill him/her alongside herself) was too hamfisted for my taste considering the pregnancy plotline.

I was a bit surprised at how easily Hiromi killed her, and her dislike for Oda felt quite unjustified, but in retrospective it's easy to see how much of a petty person Hiromi actually is. That was the part of the scene that won me over after it happened.

The "alien" plot is an interesting idea, I'm a bit divided on this, as honestly I wouldn't mind a complete focus on characters drama (which Kengo Hanazawa does so well) and completely disregarding any explanation for the zombie outbreak, as that was really never the main focus of the story, it was always about the characters.

On another hand I do think it's an interesting idea, and I'm curious to see where exactly the author is planning to take the story, though it does create a more concrete win/lose for the end of the manga, which is something I'm not entirely sure I like.

For now I'm keeping my thoughts on this storyline open, I need to see where the story goes before having a proper opinion on this plotline.

I did love the zombies perspective in the last chapter of Vol.16, whenever the series revisits the theme of Zombies being people, it always does it very well executed.

dani_dc

I am Hero 192

I was wondering what had happened to him.
This confirms that Tekko didn't get infected via this guy at least.

It's interesting that even in a big town like Tokyo they seem relatively safe now that they understand how the ZQN work.

At first glance this seems the most "humane" group or survivors we've encountered so far, I'm curious to see if such gets confirmed in the upcoming chapters.

Tomo 300

I wonder what Tomo-mom did to warrant such a comment

Gintama

At least Umibouzo depleted Shoyo's Atlanta significantly

so now the others have a chance before he runs away.... Also I love how that other Yato guy is defending Umibouzo (who is basically RIP) from Kamui

diaspora

What I don't get about Tomo's mom is how did she get worse when she grew up? She was a delinquent when she was a kid wasn't she?

dani_dc

What I don't get about Tomo's mom is how did she get worse when she grew up? She was a delinquent when she was a kid wasn't she?

Her husband is afraid of getting near her yet they have a child...

Just you wait until Tomo takes the same attitude with Jun.

Lain

Keijo! 84

Chapter was all about boobs. Between the ultrasound properties of slapped together boobs and the acupuncture properties of nipples, boobs seems to be dominating this end match. Hopefully after that boob-infusion of fighting spirit, Nozomi will bring back some butt power in the match, get Maya's personality back and then beat her ass fair and square.

Zweizer

Banned
Hyper Girls Battle Orgia ch1 by Ejima Eri

Maiko is a sort of wizard who must fight in a battle royale of sorcery that's held every 20 years in order to save her friend's life.

Not a particularily interesting setting, but the art and skinship are nice.

bobohoro

Keijo 84

What the hell is even going on here.
And damn at that Kawai-page. I'm an assman, but that had the effect of high frequency boob slaps on me.

Revo

Alice in Borderland 43

It sure is nice seeing Arisu happy/maintain the facade of being happy (although can't say the latter is a good thing).

Shengar

Tomo-chan wa Onna no ko! - 300
From her reaction i'm gonna take a wild guess and say that Misumom got the hots for Tomom
Honestly I don't see anything that would lead to this in chapter 300. Especially after Misumom tells Tomo to not become like her mother.

I mean, not everything related to girl-girl relationship should be treated as yuri right?
(Not specifically directed to you Lele, but manga-anime fandom in general where this attitude towards girl-girl relationship seems to be more prevalent in recent years)

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Tomo-chan wa Onnanoko! ch. 301

It is, indeed, surprising that human-shaped cotton candy can speak.

dani_dc

I mean, not everything related to girl-girl relationship should be treated as yuri right?
(Not specifically directed to you Lele, but manga-anime fandom in general where this attitude towards girl-girl relationship seems to be more prevalent in recent years)

I find this apply to both female-female and male-male.
Around here I assume (hope) people are just having some fun with their interpretation rather than being serious about it (outside of more obvious or serious works), but people in general just enjoy to indulge into fantasies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
UQ Holder

Wash away the competition, leave only Kirie. Ken is the best; he obviously figured out pretty quick the best way this needs to go.

Droplet

It's Difficult to Love an Otaku 6

How can you say you really love a girl if you won't even do BL cosplay with her??

Kenka Banchou Otome - Koi no Battle Royal 0-1

The manga adaption of that one otome game where you have to brawl with the guys in order to get them to date you. It's a pretty hilarious concept on its own, and the protagonist seems to have more agency than you'd expect from otome game, although I'm not sure if that's a result of actual writing or the manga adaption (I'm assuming it's from the actual game though, as it's sort of in the same series as the other Kenka Banchou games). It turns out the game isn't actually out in Japan yet, but judging from this I'd be pretty interested if it magically made its way towards Western shores.

LeleSocho

Banned
Honestly I don't see anything that would lead to this in chapter 300. Especially after Misumom tells Tomo to not become like her mother.

Hey i said it was a wild guess!
Also i said that because that was a rather warm reaction considering that both her look and her daughter would suggest she might be the cold and detached archetype (even if i have my doubts on that).

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Nisekoi 213

That's not the dead body I was promised :(
Also, now that he has read the journal, there is nothing left except for them to meet one last time and give farewells
Kinda liked that the chapter ends with Onadera tacitly asking Raku to skip school and have sex though

It's Onodera's dead body

The SS Onodera is on the bottom of the ocean at this point

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom