• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTC| Delicious cooking not in thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nantsu no Taizai - 170

Boss... Escanor the LEGEND had it all planned out

in a perfect world they'd be dead for good but this is more for just having a way for Hax Escanor to be out of the future battle

bigkrev

Nisekoi 213

That's not the dead body I was promised :(
Also, now that he has read the journal, there is nothing left except for them to meet one last time and give farewells
Kinda liked that the chapter ends with Onadera tacitly asking Raku to skip school and have sex though

L.O.R.D

Fairy Tail 481

holy shit, this is some OP magic here, and all the dead have their full power?
does he control them , what if they don't want to fight from their heart (because power of fairy tail)?
maybe will see another itachi will turn it back to his summer?

also surprised that Ikuruga is dead,how did she died? erza defeated her, but didn't kill her.
she escaped the island with the other guys

wCzi21e.jpg

usually when an evil guy get defeated, he become to easy to be defeated by anyone
same when an ex evil guy join the good guy he become to week.

but it's seems their HP and MP are full.

phaze

Don't do this to me. I actually don't remember any recap chapters in HxH, has this happened post-hiatus before?

I only read the post anime chapters so no clue but I sincerely doubt it. I don't think I've even ever saw a recap manga chapter. (Granted I haven't read much.)

Nisekoi 213

OTP intensifies.

-----
Gonna take another swing at Kokou no Hito. It was recently brought to my attention that Innocent was a weekly manga for it's first 9 volumes. From what I can see Kokou was the same and from what I've heard, it also has similar god tier art. Is Sakamoto a goddamn alien ? Pumping out such quality on a weekly basis boggles the mind.

Famassu

Claymore is pretty fun so I'll reccommend, it meanders and the quality goes down during the second half but overall I enjoyed my time with it.
At its best, is it even near something like Vinland Saga & Berserk or should I set my expectations significantly lower? Is it even anywhere near the style of those two or is it less serious/more typical animuuu?

I think he's writing himself into a problematic situation by having Onodera and Ichijo skip out on the closing ceremony to perhaps find the gorilla. Whats going to happen when she wants to say her feelings and Onodera is right there or rather nearby enough to hear them like she heard her. KNowing Onodera personality type I will find it difficult to accept that she will just waltz off and let them be happily ever after though it will probably happen :/

Nisekoi 213

is it me or is the latest chapter very bare bones when it comes to the drawings... it also feels the effects look bland and quick

anyway I doubt Onodera is taking Raku away for some love thing but rather something related to Chitoge (maybe she knows were she is)

still the Ono Devil san title the chapter gave her is lolworthy

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Helck ch. 66

I hope Vamirio just incinerates all these dudes.

Also wonder how Helck will react to seeing you-know-who again.

Nisekoi

Yep, RIP Kosaki.

And it's a pretty safe bet that she's actually dragging him away for something related to finding Chitoge. If she does ask him to skip the ceremony because she wants to confess it's gonna be ugly, because he's going to turn her down.

Revo

Kaguya Wants to be Confessed To: The Geniuses' War of Love and Brains 14

I knew she had to be mistaken. But for it to overcome the virgin monster is pretty spectacular.

Tomo-chan 298-299

Oh my now we've seen all threes moms

they all literally took after them (in looks... not sure about personality yet with the last mom)

I just wanted to stop in share with Mangagaf that picked up something that was too weird for me to pass up picking since it's existence is baffling.

I found this manga novel adaptation of the Kevin Smith film Chasing Amy
edrRvgS.jpg

I'll share some pages if anyones interested.

Lain

I just wanted to stop in share with Mangagaf that picked up something that was too weird for me to pass up picking since it's existence is baffling.

I found this manga novel adaptation of the Kevin Smith film Chasing Amy
edrRvgS.jpg

I'll share some pages if anyones interested.

Did Moyoco Anno draw it? Wouldn't mind to see a page or two.

EDIT:
Looked at my email and saw a patreon message from ShindoL about Henshin -emergence-:

I'm now working on compiling the series into a full book, with touch-ups to the art on many pages, and perhaps some added pages.
The book will be out in Japan around the end of May. I'll see what I can do about getting the full book translated/edited and out here as well.
But in the meantime please enjoy the final chapter of this story.

Thank you for your support.

Tomo-chan 300

Now I want to know what Tomom and Misumom were like together.

Also, lol at Misumom with the blunt "dont be like her" comment.

Revo

Sword Art Online - Progressive 13-14

So we have a more insidious person behind the scenes of the fake forging.
Poor guy tho, was clearly easily mentally manipulated to do this.

Fairy Tail Discussion

While not too many of us are fans or read FT all the time, I'm hopeful most of you have been following the manga closely and know whats been recently going on.

I wanted to make a FT manga thread like other mangas have ongoing atm but if the discussion isn't going to flow, then there really isn't a point. So I'll just use this thread to discuss the implications for the final few chapters of FT.

E.N.D, Natsu Dragneel, Dragons + Slayers, Anna Heartfilia, Acnologia and Zeref

So based on what we know happened 400 years as canon, Anna Heartfilia sent 5 young children to the future using the Gate of Eclipse with the 12 Gold Celestial Keys with (Zeref?) providing the gate. At this point the Dragons are dead and already inside their children and working to stop Dragonification. Natsu wakes up alone in the woods and wonders where his Dragon dad went and the other children are all separated from him. Natsu doesn't know his fellow slayers either.

Now here are a couple of interesting tidbits that makes me wonder if Mashima is just retconning stuff or he forgot or its plot related.

In the arc before Tartorus, Natsu finds Altas Flame again, the dragon frozen by Silver Full buster, but when was he frozen? As Dragons should have all died out long before Silver was brought back to life as a Devil Slayer Demon.

But besides that, the important thing Atlas tells Natsu is that Igneel fought E.N.D. and failed to defeat him. While Dragons can and have manipulated the memories of their slayers (see Sting and Rouge killing their parents) I doubt any dragon messed with Atlas Flame's memories. In the latest few chapters when Natsu fights Zeref, he tells a different story to Natsu. That Igneel loved him and Zeref worked with him to send Natsu and Slayers to the future to defeat Acnologia. But the biggest take away from the chapter was that Igneel never really mentioned Zeref by name for how important he was to them all the time he was alive and fighting Acnologia. He just basically told Natsu to retrieve the E.N.D Book and never open it which is very curious.

We need a few more pieces to fall into place to make sense of more stuff. Acnologia's past or personality would help a ton. Natsu when he was revived and assuming he stayed with Zeref and acted more destructive maybe? E.N.D. is a Fire Demon and he probably had a curse power, what was it?

Did Natsu age to a certain point and was deaged by the Gate of Eclipse since E.N.D must have run amok as a demon for some time.

In the end its just me being unsatisfied how Mashima took the E.N.D subplot and trivialized it to just Zeref is the key to me staying alive. There is no other personality or power for Natsu being an Etherious? Reading the chapter it felt like Zeref was about to die and was happy to do so but his Curse of Contradiction acted up and made him spill the beans on the sibling relationship between him and Natsu so that he wouldn't die due to Natsu's life being connected to his.

bobohoro

Now here are a couple of interesting tidbits that makes me wonder if Mashima is just retconning stuff or he forgot or its plot related.

I'd go with that. Nothing about FT seems to be well planned in advance and lots of stuff feels like Mashima just goes with the flow in making some grand twist that ultimately falls apart upon further scrutiny. Even worse, he tends to write himself into a corner where only further bullshit can get him out of, which made me give up on seriously following FT a long time ago since it's just frustrating. Personally, I only stay around for the fan service and rare dumb epic moments here and there.
Which means I'm probably the wrong person to write about this stuff.

Tomo-chan 300

Give me that yuri-harem prequel spin-off already.

elyetis

Lmao i always though i read and finished suicide island

I check it out again and it isnt even fullly translated rofl
It's not even finished yet in japan no ?
I'm at vol13 ( french release ), imho the manga pretty uneven, I find the bad guys group and the 'fights' it lead to completely uninteresting. I still really want to know how things will end for the MC etc.. but I still greatly prefer Holyland from the same author ( but sadly not licenced ).

upandaway

Hunter x Hunter 341-349

Reread the start of the arc to freshen up on all the details. There's so many ways the arc can go that my head's spinning. As it stands right now I'm expecting the sea travel to be a big arc by itself focusing on the princes and the eyes, but anything can happen (dunno if gon/killua will even show up anytime soon)

Really liking Kurapika coming into the picture again

kadotsu

Banned
Hunter x Hunter 341-349

Reread the start of the arc to freshen up on all the details. There's so many ways the arc can go that my head's spinning. As it stands right now I'm expecting the sea travel to be a big arc by itself focusing on the princes and the eyes, but anything can happen (dunno if gon/killua will even show up anytime soon)

Really liking Kurapika coming into the picture again

We just got off one eternal boat, I don't want to get on another for too long.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
At its best, is it even near something like Vinland Saga & Berserk or should I set my expectations significantly lower? Is it even anywhere near the style of those two or is it less serious/more typical animuuu?

First half is basically a shounen Berserk, worse, but not so significantly worse that it's a laughable comparison. Basically good dark fantasy, the rest of it not so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom