• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTC| Delicious cooking not in thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyuur

So it seems a popular manga scanlation site has launched a spoiler website, and is putting up fully translated/cleaned spoilers before the actual chapter is released. I wonder if they're preparing to transition to that as their main way of serving content for the big series that are now available stateside via Viz Jump. I can imagine there being a lot of pressure, even though they already do one better than other sites by removing old chapters.

Bleach

Anndddd we're back to shit. Are you kidding me. "Ken-chan, your body is not strong enough to handle" in the -last- arc of the series!? That may have been a good idea 300 chapters ago (if somewhat stereotypical), but not now. Not to mention that of all people, Kenpachi is not the one who that trope should apply to.

One Piece

Cobra is going to die at the summit isn't he. :( Nice to see a bunch from the extended cast again. Amazing how Luffy has his hands in 5 different kingdoms (6, if you include Kano via Happou Navy). Tough to tell by the wording if Baltigo was destroyed, or if it was already in ruins and that's why they were hiding there.

Also Carrot for nakama.

Viz's bringing over Gangsta.: Cursed

CgBIZOXVAAAwEMh.jpg

oh boy, super depressing backstory!

ElFly

Hunter x Hunter 350

Fuck yeah, Kurapika!

Also Hanzo, Melody and Biscuit are working with him.

Love me this prince war.

Big One

Banned
Words x Words

It's back guys and I'm reading for that prince war. Shit is going to be cash.

Wan Pissu

Zou continues to be the best arc ever in the series. So much shit going on. There's going to be a war at Reverie.

LeleSocho

Banned
Hunter x Hunter - 350
I need to do a recap of everything because i remember nothing of these princes madness... Last thing i remember was Ging copying Leorio's abilities.

Hunter x Hunter 350

it returns... they prepare even more for the voyage... bodyguard spies in order to get close to the 4th prince... Kurapika swooning Biscuit in order to make her cooperate lol
tons and tons of text and over analyzing about recruitment is also lolworthy (FaceBox lol). Even when it isn't about fighting they do battle plans about recruitment and scheming for hiring people.

HXH begins

Hunter x Hunter 350!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Holy shit this took me more time to read then Bleach and One Piece combined and doubled. Forgot Togashi was as much of an author as he was a mangaka.

Bleach 670

Did Hitsugaya age? Or did Kubo just go sameface?

One Piece 823

And the world begins to turn once again.

TheFlow

Banned
bleach
lol at this point I just read it for the sake of reading it.

hunterxhunter
meh chapter but much needed so people aren't confused later on the voyage

one piece
What an amazing chapter.

upandaway

One Piece

Carrot's great, Vivi's great, everything's great. Carrot's not joining but as long as she stays around for an arc or two I'm happy. Looking forward to more Nami and Chopper too.

Actually I'll just say I'm a fan of having random dudes stick to the crew for an arc or two at a time as sort of "temp crewmembers". It's been happening more often lately and I love it.

I'm just enjoying everything pretty much. Gonna be great.

Hunter x Hunter

Yeah like I figured the prince war is gonna be the strong focus on the ship, probably with the Beyond plot staying in the sidelines until they reach shore.

Love Biscuit joining in, the baby's mom is great so far so I'm really enjoying this development. Setup is pretty strong for the baby/mom to win (or die but I kinda doubt it right now). Expecting lots and lots and lots of words ahead, and very little action. Heh heh heh.

It's back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bigkrev

Hunter x Hunter

Holy shit that is a lot of words, and I'm not used to reading on a computer screen instead of a tablet. If it sticks this wordy, i'm just going to wait till Mondays to read

bigkrev

Have the most recent chapters been published in a volume in Japan? Is there even a way for Japanese readers to legally go back and read them?

Kyuur

Have the most recent chapters been published in a volume in Japan? Is there even a way for Japanese readers to legally go back and read them?

Nope. With this chapter there is enough chapters for a volume though, so I would imagine they'll release it post-haste.

Hunter X Hunter

I can easily see this voyage arc going on for 40-50 chapters before we even touch the Dark Continent, there's just so much going on. I'm not clear on if anyone other than the Hunter Association / Beyond's group is actually going past the New Continent (where the civilians will be placed).

Arabesque

I checked , and it seems that they can buy the back issues digitally through Jump +.

So I guess that's how they'd do it.

bigkrev

I checked , and it seems that they can buy the back issues digitally through Jump +.

So I guess that's how they'd do it.

Ah, OK, thats the same as it is here. They have a bundle right now where you get all the issues the last set of chapters were published in for $8, and I didn't know if the same was true for Japan.

phaze

Kokou no Hito 48

Suddenly, there is Innocent in my Climber. The art seems to have gone into an overdrive a bit in the last few chapters. I might or might not spam even more pics in the very near future, pls bear with me.

Hunter x Hunter

The amount of words, the complicated political plot, the mind games, the serious tone of the arc...

Yep, HxH, the shonen
which is secretly a seinen
has come back!

phaze

Togashi shoud just switch to LNs, there at least his wooden dialogue and cumbersome exposition could be made slightly more edible. I wouldn't have to look at his character designs and he at his medical bills, everybody wins !

Togashi shoud just switch to LNs, there at least his wooden dialogue and cumbersome exposition could be made slightly more edible. I wouldn't have to look at his character designs and he at his medical bills, everybody wins !

Honestly, he probably is more suitable for that type of work

Revo

Hunter x Hunter 350

I didn't expect biscuit to be joining us.
Wonder if the ship is gonna be all murder mystery on us.

elyetis

Kokou no Hito 48

Suddenly, there is Innocent in my Climber. The art seems to have gone into an overdrive a bit in the last few chapters. I might or might not spam even more pics in the very near future, pls bear with me.
I loved the art but
I've warmed up to this story much more now that it finally ejected itself out of the high school setting.
I was the opposite, I didn't like that very sudden shift in the story, pace and atmosphere ( mostly when it comes to the other characters ).

Shokugeki spoilers

lmao Azami's aim is so comically I AM EVIL; he wants to close down every restaurant that doesn't meet his standards including regular random poor people restaurants (he mentions the Stagiare restaurant). Because I'm sure the local deli is going to close down because the director of some cooking school demanded it. This is a absurdly nonsensical goal and for some reason Erina and Hisako aren't stopping Soma which is dumb because he's going to lose. Tsukuda please avoid the shark because this is heading right for it.

yeah I mean his goal is so broad that you loose count with all the plot errors it comes with

MANUELF

Banned
HunterXHunter350
Any guesses for how many princes are going to die?

Detective Conan 955
Bourbon and Vermouth are going to find about the costume arent they?

G.ZZZ

Seems like both Soma and Toriko jumped the shark.

Toriko since the "speed up" is just so bad to read. Everything skipped, big character killed in two pages with no closure, anyone that isn't main char made irrilevant.

Toriko in the human world was such a good manga that's a shame it's become like this. Bah.

Kyuur

Seems like both Soma and Toriko jumped the shark.

Toriko since the "speed up" is just so bad to read. Everything skipped, big character killed in two pages with no closure, anyone that isn't main char made irrilevant.

Toriko in the human world was such a good manga that's a shame it's become like this. Bah.

I would argue that several characters have made the main character irrelevant, not that he has become more important.

convo

I would argue that several characters have made the main character irrelevant, not that he has become more important.

But Toriko's third demon though, it could be from another dimension nobody else knows about. He's gonna get relevant somehow i think, at the expense of everyone else who got a build up.

Toriko is gonna show up with the most nonsense powet up to win the day which makes all this rushed pacing even worse

I'm okay with what Soma has done I've basically disagreed with all of your opinions on it.

One Piece 823:
It's nice to see all these extended cast members again. The Reverie is going to be really interesting. Vivi's appearance really put a smile on my face. Carrot's antics were pretty funny, too. I can't believe she took Luffy down like that.

Hunter x Hunter 350:
So much text. But Hunter x Hunter is back.

And Hanzo is here! I never expected that. Please don't kill him, Togashi.

And this arc is totally going to wind up being longer than the Chimera Ants arc with the way the setup is going.

Detective Conan 955:
So much stuff happening. It's interesting that Ran is seemingly on the verge of remembering her past encounter with Vermouth. Since Ran has been a bit more suspicious of Conan in general lately, that would be really interesting. I wonder where that's all going.

And it looks like Bourbon might be about to realize that Akai and Conan pulled the wool over his eyes and he had been right about Subaru to begin with. I can't wait to see where that leads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom