• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTC| Delicious cooking not in thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyuur

HxH is back, but damn it is still ugly as fuck.

I-- what? There are surely better artists out there but it's hardly ugly.

DiQdoTe.png

Arp2zIT.png

DgGbVuE.png

phaze

Kokou no Hito up to 80
Pretty great arc that didn't in the least go the way I thought it would. After so much buildup, you'd expect what was just a trial run for the real task, to go with only minor hitches that in the long run, only serves to strenghten the bonds between the members of Mori's new found climbing team. Instead, the story slaps you right across the face with the news of tragedy, where almost everything that could go wrong indeed did and the following, tense recollection of the grim details And like I said earlier, somewhere around chapter 30 or so Sakamoto seems to have found his groove with the resultant improved and frequently breathtaking art. Really glad I picked this back again.

Nisekoi 214

Onedera recognised Chitoge's feelings without heving them handed to her on a silver platter. Best girl confirmed.

Soma

What was just nonsense became a supremely absurd nonsense. They are really pushing this Azami thing way too far, with zero regard to how, well ... you know, the real world works or even Soma world works, because I'm pretty sure even in Somaverse no one gave this laughable academy the right decide which joint is or is not allowed to serve food to people. I hope this arc ends up with a crowd of enraged McDonald customers guillotining Azami and the rest of his deranged compatriots

Nisekoi 214

oh you got to be kidding me... We all know Chitoge is going to win but I don't want for her to win by default (as in Onodera just backs away)

playing it waaaaaaay to safe
also they just went straight to the US to met her.... feels as rushed as the Beezlebub USA arc

Shokugeki no Soma

If Azami had such a large scale plan like shutting down generic restaurants (fast foods included) then a better way going about that isn't taking over a chef school but going into politics

I mean do you think citizens will just accept that? and other Nation will just nod their heads to economic food sanctions lol

Droplet

I-- what? There are surely better artists out there but it's hardly ugly.

And that art looks amazing compared to some of the literal scribbles in the Chimera Ant arc.

I'm actually a big fan of Togashi's art when he doesn't seem to be pressed to get something out. He's great at setting the mood, and he's one of the few comic artists I can point to as someone who consistently and effectively shifts between different styles to render his characters from panel to panel. That said, I also can't make myself get through Chimera Ant so I have no idea if he keeps this up in future chapters.

LeleSocho

Banned
I remember nothing of stalking in this one, what was the context?

That reminds me more of Josuke than either part 1 or 2.
Probably the hair.
Closest i found was this but i'm sure that if i read Battle Tendency again i will find a panel that is pretty much identical

And that art looks amazing compared to some of the literal scribbles in the Chimera Ant arc.

I'm actually a big fan of Togashi's art when he doesn't seem to be pressed to get something out. He's great at setting the mood, and he's one of the few comic artists I can point to as someone who consistently and effectively shifts between different styles to render his characters from panel to panel. That said, I also can't make myself get through Chimera Ant so I have no idea if he keeps this up in future chapters.
I love Togashi art when he is not lazy for the same reasons, he can differentiate his style so much and they all look good.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Shokugeki no Soma

I need you to step back and take in how breathtakingly stupid Azami's ultimate goal is. Like it's so dumb it breaks suspension of disbelief in a manga where people's clothes explode when they eat food that is tasty enough.

Like, how is it possible none of the members of the Elite 10 noticed that Azami is a delusional maniac if he thinks he has the power to shut down all the local restaurants throughout the entire country because he got 5 teenagers to vote him in as the principal of a cooking high school (Totsuki isn't even a post-primary educational facility).

bobohoro

Soma 163

This has to be some of the dumbest plot thingy around. Bleach-tier.
Good chapter regardless, foodgasm was ace, Soma vs. Eishu is intense regardless of dumb politics in the background.

Shouta

Beet The Vandel Buster 48 & 49 (raw)

It's back. yessssssss. It literally picks up where it left off and looks like it too, lol. So good.

Baron is getting serious but I wonder what's the downside of his attack. Zanga was really adamant about him not using it.

Shokugeki no Soma

I need you to step back and take in how breathtakingly stupid Azami's ultimate goal is. Like it's so dumb it breaks suspension of disbelief in a manga where people's clothes explode when they eat food that is tasty enough.

Like, how is it possible none of the members of the Elite 10 noticed that Azami is a delusional maniac if he thinks he has the power to shut down all the local restaurants throughout the entire country because he got 5 teenagers to vote him in as the principal of a cooking high school (Totsuki isn't even a post-primary educational facility).

Well said. It is hilarious.

Soma 163

this plan makes no fucking sense. This plan is atrocious. Unless this world is somehow determined by cooking battles then Aizen is not going to be able to shut down FUCKING MCDONALDS

himegoto 64-65

tumblr_ma0jgqFAct1qf4nqeo1_1280.jpg

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Shokugeki no soma 163
Okay, so Azami plan to shut down all the restaurant remind me of another cuisine manga, Mr. Ajikko. One of the antagonist is called Cuisine Baron or General cuisine, i forgot. Similar ideal, improving Japanese cuisine/restaurant industry by shutting down restaurant that didn't meet his standard. His way of doing it is via cooking match to destroy said chef pride (at one point, there are several chef who suicide out of shame.) Now, if Azami plan is doing that, well, i don't know what to say, since Tootsuki actually have connection with food supplier and chef throughout the industry which mean he could shut the restaurant down by headhunting, giving a inspection sanctioned by the government, or cutting of supply by working together with the supplier. Let see how this goes.
Also, he's totally won't be able to kill Mcdonald or Yoshinoya. Unless he don't count franchise as restaurant.

And Soma totally going to lose. 1st seat food aroma enough to give Hisako foodgasm. The only thing that could save Soma is that the facts there's no official judge.

Arabesque

With Nisekoi coming to a natural end, I guess the question is whether Kemtsu no Yaiba will be cancelled, Bleach moving to a different magazine or Toriko getting the ax.

Money's on Toriko given the rocket pacing.

I look forward to the author's next early cancellation before he goes back to romcoms.

This wound will never heal...

#RememberDoubleArts

;_;

???????
I don't see how this can finish in a good way 3 chapters unless they are 40 pages each...

Nah, he can finish it all off in 3 chapters easily.

There isn't much left other than the locket mystery to be solved.

Haha. It's going to be rushed and horrible, isn't it?

It could be a bad ending, I wouldn't be surprised with that.

I doubt it will be rushed. Story's been done for a long time now, where else would it go?

Ascheroth

This wound will never heal...

#RememberDoubleArts

;_;

His next manga will be a reboot of Double Arts called... Triple Arts where the MC does not only always have to hold hands with a girl to prevent her from dying... but two!
Romcom hijinks ensue as the MC is absolutely incapable of handling his daily life on his own and the girls have to replace his hands.

Arabesque

I dunno

Ending it in one chapter might lessen the suffering for some readers

His next manga will be a reboot of Double Arts called... Triple Arts where the MC does not only always have to hold hands with a girl to prevent her from dying... but two!
Romcom hijinks ensue as the MC is absolutely incapable of handling his daily life on his own and the girls have to replace his hands.

Pls no. I want old creative Komi who showed such promise in adventurous stories.

(Maybe Komi can go and work on a Nintendo manga since he's such a fan)

convo

Shokugeki no Soma

I don't know look at that acadamy itself, someone is giving a school for food research a whole lot of money on a military scale already.
On the subject on how Azami could talk his way to convincing people to destroy low to mid-tier restaurants i don't know, but i have seen politician with much stupider ideas attaining power. You could say these guys are nightmares you don't want to think about.
Central appears to be the asshole enemies that need some losing and a change of goals to look a bit more menacing.

Qurupeke

It could be a bad ending, I wouldn't be surprised with that.

I doubt it will be rushed. Story's been done for a long time now, where else would it go?
I just can't see how the manga can have a proper closure when there's still stuff like Raku's decision, Raku coming to an understanding with the "losing" girl and generally concluding the story. I mean, it seems to already rush the rejections, but the pacing was never the series' strongest point.

The author can still alleviate my pain though, by abandoning Chitoge in NY. :)

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I don't know look at that acadamy itself, someone is giving a school for food research a whole lot of money on a military scale already.
On the subject on how Azami could talk his way to convincing people to destroy low to mid-tier restaurants i don't know, but i have seen politician with much stupider ideas attaining power. You could say these guys are nightmares you don't want to think about.
Central appears to be the asshole enemies that need some losing and a change of goals to look a bit more menacing.

Except what it would actually do is cause Totsuki to go out of business.

bigkrev

I'm probably last to know this, but I just noticed that Comixology is now selling volumes of Nana to Kaoru. Volumes 1-8.

Huzzah.

Now all I need is black label.

EDIT: I take that back. Its only the german version. Doh. Now to see if I can get a refund out of Comixology.

I got really excited today when I saw that Tokyopop had published my favorite BL in recent years, but it's only in German :( http://tokyopop.de/programm-winter-20152016/ein-fremder-am-strand/

Angry Grimace

As for Nisekoi, its going to end how I said it would: there will be a three-sided confession and Raku will not make a decision at all. They'll just leave it ambiguous and nobody will win.

convo

Dungeon Meshi 23
Crying and worried Marcille is too much for my heart ;_;
They got a plan now and a full stomach so shit is going down next chapter.

I still believe Nisekoi is an elaborate hate-fuck to the manga community at large. Like he tried so hard with his earlier manga then made Nisekoi as a huge "you like this kind of garbage, huh?!" fuck you and when it did so well he did his best to make it completely unreadable where nothing happens or progresses and it did even better and now he's just given up.

That's what I've been led to believe

MANUELF

Banned
Shokugeki no Soma 163
What a cartoon villain goal but at least we got to see Hirako in her true form so that is something I guess

bigkrev

Cab you imagine if Nisekoi ends with neither the locket mystery or a winning girl being decided? The salt would be forever.

That locket isn't ever being opened. You either end with him selecting a girl and then throwing the locket away because it's meaningless now that he has chosen, or he chooses no one and it ends with him staring at the ocean holding the locket, vowing that he will one day unlock it.

bobohoro

I still believe Nisekoi is an elaborate hate-fuck to the manga community at large. Like he tried so hard with his earlier manga then made Nisekoi as a huge "you like this kind of garbage, huh?!" fuck you and when it did so well he did his best to make it completely unreadable where nothing happens or progresses and it did even better and now he's just given up.

That's what I've been led to believe

That sounds close enough.

AssClassXtra 3

That was unexpected. I honestly thought that the kid and the assassin group would run into trouble, especially after the death flag of turning their lifes around and starting something as a group. Now I'm rather curious what lead to this, one chapter to go and the extra seems to do the high standards of the full manga justice.
Such a good series.

Quasar

As for Nisekoi, its going to end how I said it would: there will be a three-sided confession and Raku will not make a decision at all. They'll just leave it ambiguous and nobody will win.

I kind of expect a decision to be made and the the locket opened and its the girl he choose after all.

NY Times Top Manga Sellers April 3rd - 9th
*1. Attack on Titan Vol.18 (NEW)
*2. Food Wars! Vol.11 (NEW)
*3. One-Punch Man Vol.1
*4. One-Punch Man Vol.2
*5. Nichijou Vol.1
*6. Tokyo Ghoul Vol.1
*7. Akame ga Kill! Zero Vol.1
*8. One-Punch Man Vol.5
*9. Kiss Him, Not Me! Vol.4 (NEW)
10.Tokyo Ghoul Vol.3

Previous Week
*1. Nichijou Vol.1 (NEW)
*2. One-Punch Man Vol.1
*3. Princess Jellyfish Vol.1 (NEW)
*4. Tokyo Ghoul Vol.1
*5. No Game No Life Vol.4
*6. Akame ga Kill! Zero Vol.1
*7. Tokyo Ghoul Vol.5
*8. One-Punch Man Vol.5
*9. Tokyo Ghoul Vol.2
10. One-Punch Man Vol.2

Detective Conan 956:
Gee, you'd think Amuro would put the pieces together if he's already figured out that much. It seems pretty obvious that Scotch was pulling a move similar to Ethan Hondou after slipping up in some way. For such a great detective, it seems like he can't see the truth on this matter. Ran fully remembering the events with Vermouth is pretty interesting. I wonder if she'll try to do anything next chapter to confront her or not.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Dungeon Meshi ch. 23

That really was awful timing though, honestly.

I suspect not a single thing about their game plan actually goes right.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Dungeon Meshi ch.23
How did they manage to take off their frog suit? I kinda want to see this whole chapter while they're wearing said frog suit.
Oh yeah, time to butcher a red dragon and eat it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom