• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTC| Delicious cooking not in thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeleSocho

Banned
HxH 351

Im taking this fight outta nowhere as a sign that dude might be seriously considering dropping the book early after having just expanded the universe, as he did with YYH and the final tournament.

No god oh please no YYH was the worst thing ever... i cannot handle another ending like that...

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
HxH 351

Im taking this fight outta nowhere as a sign that dude might be seriously considering dropping the book early after having just expanded the universe, as he did with YYH and the final tournament.

I'm thinking more incoming timeskip. Gon and Killua are both off doing their own things so if he can clean up what's going on with Hisoka and get everyone else onto the Dark Continent we could skip a few years and have a rescue arc.

Arabesque

HxH 351

I took it to be the same as when the Phantom Troupe showed up all of the sudden in the middle of the Chimera Ant arc just for a random fight.

Or when Killua became a Hunter in like half a chapter.

Or how Greed Island was in general.

It's Togashi being Togashi. He probably was like "You know, I'm in the mood to draw the most anticipated fight in my entire series. So I'm going to just ignore everything else and draw that fight now"

Had he had an editor, he would've probably told him to at least lead into the two events in some fashion.

But given the amount of text we have been getting per chapter, it's clear no editor is touching Tougashi's work.

lol if HXH also gets the rushed jump the shark ending

Soma went downhill, Nisekoi is lol, Toriko is on nitros (rushed to death)

3 of those things are not like the other

Toriko is the only series being cancelled, all the rest are doing alright.

Jump isn't insane to rush any other manga with Nisekoi coming to an end soon and Toriko given the boot.

I'm thinking more incoming timeskip. Gon and Killua are both off doing their own things so if he can clean up what's going on with Hisoka and get everyone else onto the Dark Continent we could skip a few years and have a rescue arc.

While I'd love to have Gon and Killua come along, I doubt that if Ging, the Zodiac, Beyond and all of those other guys were to die or be stuck in the dark continent that Gon and Killua would be able to do much lol

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
While I'd love to have Gon and Killua come along, I doubt that if Ging, the Zodiac, Beyond and all of those other guys were to die or be stuck in the dark continent that Gon and Killua would be able to do much lol

Hence timeskip. Skip a few years so they can power up a bit, have one or two strong guys make their way back to lead the way, and there you go.

Arabesque

Hence timeskip. Skip a few years so they can power up a bit, have one or two strong guys make their way back to lead the way, and there you go.

I suppose so. Though to skip through Gon getting back to seeing his Nen might be a little much.

Buts its Togashi so who knows lol

Lain

Do you guys know what is the best selling manga in your country? In Mexico the answer is One Piece https://twitter.com/PaniniComicsMex/status/704054836338171905

Difficult to answer because publishers don't like to give their sale numbers (since those sales numbers are how they work out licensing deals too), at least here.
If I had to go out on a limb though, I'd say Dragonball is the best selling of the past, One Piece of the present.
That said, Panini has OP in Mexico? Funny, since they don't have it here.

Had he had an editor, he would've probably told him to at least lead into the two events in some fashion.

But given the amount of text we have been getting per chapter, it's clear no editor is touching Tougashi's work.

This made me guffaw.

Because its true. Gods its so fucking true.

dani_dc

Nisekoi 215

"We can only afford one day", what is this?
Raku father is a leader if a criminal organization and he lives in a mansion.
He absolutely has enough money to stay longer.

Surprised to hear Raku mother is alive, first time we hear a mention of that.
Guess we'll find the truth soon.

Clockwork Planet 1-11

Yo, this manga is pretty good.

Clockwork Planet 12

Ha ha ha, just kidding, this manga sucks.

What is it with every manga introducing my favorite character type, short-haired, tall girl with big boobs combat type, and then having them immediately get chumped out or die.

Marche90

Difficult to answer because publishers don't like to give their sale numbers (since those sales numbers are how they work out licensing deals too), at least here.
If I had to go out on a limb though, I'd say Dragonball is the best selling of the past, One Piece of the present.

The world of licensing is an odd one. Anyway, what surprised me the most reading their twitter is that both Attack on Titan and Naruto are sold in the biggest convenience store down here. I've never seen a single manga volume there, but maybe I should check the Magazines' rack more often >.>

On the topic of being surprised, they have licensed Tokyo Ghoul, are going to license One Punch Man in May... and I didn't knew that Highschool DxD was licensed, too. Holy crap!

NY Times Top Manga Sellers April 10th - 16th
*1. The Ancient Magus' Bride Vol.4 (NEW)
*2. Attack on Titan Vol.18
*3. One-Punch Man Vol.1
*4. Attack on Titan: Before the Fall Vol.7 (NEW)
*5. Fairy Tail Vol.53 (NEW)
*6. Assassination Classroom Vol.9 (NEW)
*7. Food Wars: Shokugeki no Souma Vol.11
*8. Tokyo Ghoul Vol.1
*9. Nichijou Vol.1
10. Yu-gi-oh! 5D's Vol.9 (NEW)

Previous Week
*1. Attack on Titan Vol.18 (NEW)
*2. Food Wars: Shokugeki no Souma Vol.11 (NEW)
*3. One-Punch Man Vol.1
*4. One-Punch Man Vol.2
*5. Nichijou Vol.1
*6. Tokyo Ghoul Vol.1
*7. Akame ga Kill! Zero Vol.1
*8. One-Punch Man Vol.5
*9. Kiss Him, Not Me Vol.4 (NEW)
10. Tokyo Ghoul Vol.3

Zweizer

Banned
Sakamoto desu ga? ch19

Boobs solve everything.

TPsezLy.png

Tragic ( ; _ ;)

Droplet

HeroAca 88

That was a strange transition.

I guess All Might's evil looking friend might not actually be evil? This is a shock.

I think Hero 88's transition was really effective because it happened just as instantaneously to the characters as it was to us readers flipping a page. It really worked to make you stop and go "What the fuck just happened?!" and confuse you just like them as you look back and forth between pages.

MANUELF

Banned
The world of licensing is an odd one. Anyway, what surprised me the most reading their twitter is that both Attack on Titan and Naruto are sold in the biggest convenience store down here. I've never seen a single manga volume there, but maybe I should check the Magazines' rack more often >.>

On the topic of being surprised, they have licensed Tokyo Ghoul, are going to license One Punch Man in May... and I didn't knew that Highschool DxD was licensed, too. Holy crap!
One Piece, Dragon Ball, Naruto, Attack on Titans and Tokyo Ghoul are sold in some Oxxos, I guess they are also the best selling mangas
I believe we are only following Panini Brasil in licenced series

ryan13ts

Hunter x Hunter

So Chrollo stole Shalnak's abillity? Stealing might not be the right word, since I'm sure Shalnak would have gladly given it to him but I wonder if Chrollo can just give it back to him afterwards? If that's the case, he might have taken all of the Troupes abilities (Well, the combat ones) for this fight, since I know Chrollo is no fool and knows Hisoka is extremely deadly and needs to bring his A game. The troupe has to be watching this too, hopefully we'll see them in the crowd or something.

This fight in general though just came out of no where, and at such a weird place too. We didn't even see him getting Kurapika's nen removed by Abagane or Kurapika realizing this happened, since he said he would know if this happened in an earlier chapter. This is Togashi though, so at the very least, you know it won't be for nothing and that one of them is going to die.

Hey guys do I need to watch any Yu-Gi-Oh series before watching Arc V?

I mean I fuzzly remember the original and I guess the one after in a academy or something... and then I saw bits here and there of other series via clips, etc... idk do I need to crawl through everything to get to Arc V?

-------------------------
Oh and what up Kasane :)

Long time now see... I think

Soma 164

lol at shinomiya longingly looking into the distance and thinking about Soma. The doujins write themselves.

Since Soma served his food first, hes going to lose.

Hey guys do I need to watch any Yu-Gi-Oh series before watching Arc V?

I mean I fuzzly remember the original and I guess the one after in a academy or something... and then I saw bits here and there of other series via clips, etc... idk do I need to crawl through everything to get to Arc V?

-------------------------
Oh and what up Kasane :)

Long time now see... I think
No, not really, although there are benefits (Mainly, a few alt universe versions of past show characters show up after a certain point)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom