• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTC| Delicious cooking not in thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dr labson

Neo Member
Boku Hero - Chapter 88

Welp that happened.
I really hope Mount Lady and Best Jeanist aren't dead.
Also now that One for All guy stole the ability to know the weakness of anyone and keep track of 100 people from Cat Hero he's even more powerful.

I'm really hoping something major happens during this arc, because so far nothing too major has happened in this manga and I just need something huge to happen and not have things go back to the status quo.

Gintama 585

GIN-CHAAAAAAAAAAAAAN

And why is anybody surprised Sengoku Youko is good, it's the Lucifer and Biscuit Hammer dude so it's automatically top tier

diaspora

That's fair...

...if Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer wasn't the GOAT. I'll fight you, bring it.

As amazing as it is, I can't see anything in Lucifer being better than Senya's final form or the maturation and evolution of Shunsuke over time. The character arcs are so damn good for the two of them.

To be fair, I only read up to...chapter...40 something? Maybe even less, so I'm actually catching up now. We'll see how I feel once I'm there. I'm only on 23 now.

I will say his hottie drawing game is much more on point.

Shakugan ;____;

Revo

Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka 50-52

New party member get!
and good that we get to see the new skill early on instead of just activating during a more important fight

dani_dc

Okusan 30

Today's lesson, breast can't hurt you but they can still hurt.

It's so liberating though!
It's not so much about being lewd, as it is about stretching the lines of believability of its own universe.
There was never any kind of set up for energy transfer (that it was done so via nipples is pretty irrelevant), it just happened, that's my issue with the scene.

Also where the heck did Kawai go?
It looked like they fused

SalvaPot

Well One Piece just released Volume 15 so is older than Dragon Ball and not much younger than Naruto and is pretty high, also is Highschool of the dead the full color edition?

I count them both as one, but yeah Full color sells much better than regular edition.

Dragon ball is weird that the very first few volumes sell constantly, but then people keep asking for Dragon Ball Z instead. One Piece has the same problem as Attack on Titan that the first few volumes (1-4) used to be sold out, 2 and 3 are still pretty much constantly sold out so the first few shipments that do arrive sell pretty good, same with the newer volumes, and certainly better than DB and Naruto.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Groundless - The One-Eyed Sniper ch. 11

Rosa's great, man.

Tokyo Ghoul ch. 74

I still can't get fully invested into this fight. Arima's so boring. Kaneki going ham should be fun though.

Hunter x hunter 351

Holy moly Togashi going right for it! I'm wondering which one surviving serves the plot better. Does Kurapika need Chrollo for some closure? York Shin ended with Kurapika coming to terms with not chasing the Spiders but he's clearly not at peace atm. I suppose Chrollo could die and the princes could be the surrogate for Kurapika's rage. Hisoka on the other hand still hasn't had his all out brawl with Gon. I'm leaning towards Hisoka coming out on top but the scary thing is I can legit see Togashi making the opposite work.

As a side note, both sides have to actually agree to a death match to make it acceptable; so the Heaven's Arena takes execution's seriously. Immediately they kill the referee and the fight isn't stopped. Kinda weird.

Zweizer

Banned
It's not so much about being lewd, as it is about stretching the lines of believability of its own universe.
There was never any kind of set up for energy transfer (that it was done so via nipples is pretty irrelevant), it just happened, that's my issue with the scene.

Also where the heck did Kawai go?
It looked like they fused

I took it like some kind of massage slash pressure point thing since it's Kawai's thing, but that's fair.

upandaway

Hunter x hunter 351

Holy moly Togashi going right for it! I'm wondering which one surviving serves the plot better. Does Kurapika need Chrollo for some closure? York Shin ended with Kurapika coming to terms with not chasing the Spiders but he's clearly not at peace atm. I suppose Chrollo could die and the princes could be the surrogate for Kurapika's rage. Hisoka on the other hand still hasn't had his all out brawl with Gon. I'm leaning towards Hisoka coming out on top but the scary thing is I can legit see Togashi making the opposite work.

As a side note, both sides have to actually agree to a death match to make it acceptable; so the Heaven's Arena takes execution's seriously. Immediately they kill the referee and the fight isn't stopped. Kinda weird.
I'm only looking at it from the story's pov (compared to who will serve the plot better) but man I just can't see Hisoka losing. He doesn't have a lot going on but he mastered the heck out of what he has (compared to Chrollo who doesn't master the abilities he uses), and his literal gimmick is baffling people with trinkets using his wits.

But I'll admit that there's a perception issue because when we see Hisoka he's always destroying much weaker people, and when we see Chrollo he 'just' survives against stronger opponents, and if he goes against a weaker guy the credit goes to the ability he used rather than himself.

It'll be interesting if Hisoka wins and the rest of the spiders can't get back at him because they gave all their abilities to Chrollo

Zweizer

Banned
Okusan ch30

wystf58.png

Lewd.

AKB49 ch207

How far can Minori go?

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Groundless one eyed sniper 1-11
Randomly decide to read this. It's good. The setting is in a war torn country caused made much more complex due to pandemic and rebel movement. The protagonist is wife of a gunsmith. When things gone wrong, she lost her husband and left eye. Her daughter get kidnapped. With no other choices due to systematic racism, she decide to join the militia to avenge her husband and rescuing her daughter, armed with her husband antique rifle.

The 1st 4 chapter could work as a single oneshot, since the next chapter focus on the militia as she exit the battlefield to take care of her daughter. During the time of her absence, we get more background exposition, allowing the reader to understand the current background even more. The rebel get the needed backstory to understand that they are trying to change the caste system that's fucked them and put them into unfair position like rampant discrimination and lower wages.

Author also add more interesting character to the roster to spice things up. Racist mercenary, violence man, 14y.o girl who join the militia after hearing the one eyed sniper kicking ass during city defence.

Well, shit happen, and now she return to the battlefield. The artwork kooks cartoony and not really trying to make the manga as a horror of war manga using gore that could happen. All violence are relatively fine and not exaggerated.

Give it a read if you're into war manga.

Randomly decide to read this. It's good. The setting is in a war torn country caused made much more complex due to pandemic and rebel movement. The protagonist is wife of a gunsmith. When things gone wrong, she lost her husband and left eye. Her daughter get kidnapped. With no other choices due to systematic racism, she decide to join the militia to avenge her husband and rescuing her daughter, armed with her husband antique rifle.

The 1st 4 chapter could work as a single oneshot, since the next chapter focus on the militia as she exit the battlefield to take care of her daughter. During the time of her absence, we get more background exposition, allowing the reader to understand the current background even more. The rebel get the needed backstory to understand that they are trying to change the caste system that's fucked them and put them into unfair position like rampant discrimination and lower wages.

Author also add more interesting character to the roster to spice things up. Racist mercenary, violence man, 14y.o girl who join the militia after hearing the one eyed sniper kicking ass during city defence.

Well, shit happen, and now she return to the battlefield. The artwork kooks cartoony and not really trying to make the manga as a horror of war manga using gore that could happen. All violence are relatively fine and not exaggerated.

Basically, female solid snake.

Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san 1-28.5

Pretty good SOL manga about a girl that constantly teases a boy, tricking him everytime.

Sweet stuff. Dat smile at chapter 28.5 <3

Takagi-san da best.

Hatsukoi Zombie 19
Hurray, our protag is a dense arse.
I think it have come to a point where I don't think you can get away with that in order to maintain the status quo.

HImouto Umaru-sis 28-29

Yeah, this has real heart.

Dragon Head 11-31

dear gods is this thing slow moving. Nearly halfway there and only recently has the plot started to get interesting. At least the lord of the flies crap seems to be over.

That sounds quite interesting. will do.

Sengoku Youko - 83~85

Noooo Douren and Jinun ;_;
At least something good came out of it.
Shinsuke raising more flags again, as if the deal wasn't enough.

Man, after the tribe of the void, we still have Jinka to deal with.

Gintama - 585

Kamui, stop being so thick-headed! Hopefully he manages to change.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Sengoku Youko - 83~85

Noooo Douren and Jinun ;_;
At least something good came out of it.
Shinsuke raising more flags again, as if the deal wasn't enough.

Man, after the tribe of the void, we still have Jinka to deal with.

Bruh that's the whole point, I've been waiting for that fight since the protagonist change.

started marathoning through the Bubuki Buranki anime

and man did it have a slow beginning I mean really slow

but episode 4 and up things got more interesting and faster paced (also things became more grey)

on episode 8 and the animation feels more fluid too.... they sacrificed some 3D stuff to make it more stylish I suppose
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
One thing I can say every character is uber stylish

the adults, the kids, the weapons

FASHION

dani_dc

Helck 68

Sadness and despair.

There's no chance of Alicia coming out of this alive.
It's only a question of who pulls the plug on her, Helck, the bad guy or Anne.

I'm guessing Alicia will be damaging Helck at the start of the next chapter, while he's still hugging her, as to make it a more dramatic battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom