• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTC| Delicious cooking not in thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love At Fourteen Vol.05

Si1gRt5.jpg

honestly, seeing all that all the characters are connected just feels amazing

Chikyuu no Houkago 20

This time its Sanae's turn to have a lighthearted chapter getting closer to Masashi. I do like these chapters as they're nice, but I'm also still curious about the whole mystery thing.

I'm only looking at it from the story's pov (compared to who will serve the plot better) but man I just can't see Hisoka losing. He doesn't have a lot going on but he mastered the heck out of what he has (compared to Chrollo who doesn't master the abilities he uses), and his literal gimmick is baffling people with trinkets using his wits.

But I'll admit that there's a perception issue because when we see Hisoka he's always destroying much weaker people, and when we see Chrollo he 'just' survives against stronger opponents, and if he goes against a weaker guy the credit goes to the ability he used rather than himself.

It'll be interesting if Hisoka wins and the rest of the spiders can't get back at him because they gave all their abilities to Chrollo

Hunter X Hunter

I am interested to see the way this goes. On paper, Hisoka's ability really doesn't seem that special compared to some of the other people we have seen recently - Ging, Netero, Chimera Ants. Chrollo's power on the other hand, seems much more interesting. It is also the first time we have seen Chrollo fight all out. We really don't know what he is capable of yet, but to be head of the Phantom Troupe, he needs to be pretty damn strong. I don't feel Hisoka has revealed his full hand yet, either. Both seem crafty strategists, so it will be interesting to see how this goes.

In terms of targets for Kurapika, the prince is the main guy. I think he might be done with the Phantom Troup. Well, not storywise, he will probably have a deathmatch with them again, but the Prince is something of the evil mastermind. He could have splatted him before, but it will be interesting to see what ability he has got now. I don't think it should be anything near how powerful Kurapika's ability is. The princes 'sacrifice' to get power was pathetic...a drop of blood...

Zweizer

Banned
Nejimaki Kagyu ch42

Oh my. A not-so unlikely pair.

Not Lives ch38

That's a pretty flashy way to do things.

Sekai Maou ch25

Still so weak. It's like everyone else can be a better hero than him.

Vinland Saga 127
He hit the nail with that one

Really Throkell.... You really didn't need to shout out Thorfinn's lineage and proclaim your thoughts on his candidacy in front of all those people

damn.... Thorfinn wanted the simple life and has already a gameplan but you just tossed the dude into a firepit with unneeded enemies and now a ton of groupies

Fire Punch 0
That ________ quickly.

The world's stuck in an eternal winter, thanks to a witch with a low heat tolerance. Sadly for the MC, the freezing temperatures don't stop him, his sister/waifu and his village from being incinerated by a jerk whose flames burn you until death. On the plus side, he has HP Regen++ so the flames can't actually kill him, they just leave him as an extremely irate human torch. Cue the start of his revenge mission. Followed almost solely because of the high concentration of suffering.

D

Deleted member 594614

Unconfirmed Member
Hey guys, just need a little help...
Fiance is working with teens at a library and has to order Manga/Graphic Novels etc..

Any suggested stuff to order thats hot right now or coming soon?
Any MUST haves?

Fiance is working with teens at a library and has to order Manga/Graphic Novels etc..

Any MUST haves?

What genre can you guys order? What genre do you want? Is nudity allowed? Is violence okay?

Zweizer

Banned

Any MUST haves?

I'd suggest Goodnight Punpun, Me and the Devil Blues, A Silent Voice, The Ancient Magus' Bride, Sakamoto desu ga?, Solanin, My Monster Secret, Interviews with Monster Girls and Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid. Oh, and if nudity is allowed, Prison School as well.

They're all solid choices with a wide range of themes.

dani_dc

Any MUST haves?

A library should have One Piece.

How else is anyone going to afford the collection?
I'd suggest Goodnight Punpun, Me and the Devil Blues, A Silent Voice, The Ancient Magus' Bride, Sakamoto desu ga?, Solanin, My Monster Secret, Interviews with Monster Girls and Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid. Oh, and if nudity is allowed, Prison School as well.

Good choices as well.

Marche90

Musashi-kun to Murayama-san Tsukkiate Mita 1

Dang, this was cute. Two classmates end up sitting together in their second year of school and at the end of the first chapter due to a series of misunderstandings, confusion and realizing some stuff, they decide to date each other. I'm sure hilarity will be ensued in the next chapters (and it should be, it's a 4koma)

Arabesque

Any MUST haves?

Is there a limit to the length of the series, or are long runners fine? Also does it only have to be recent and new stuff?

Those are fantastic choices.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan

A library should have One Piece.

How else is anyone going to afford the collection?

Good choices as well.

@Ahealy
Yup, both of these should get you covered.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Fire Punch 0

That ________ quickly.

The world's stuck in an eternal winter, thanks to a witch with a low heat tolerance. Sadly for the MC, the freezing temperatures don't stop him, his sister/waifu and his village from being incinerated by a jerk whose flames burn you until death. On the plus side, he has HP Regen++ so the flames can't actually kill him, they just leave him as an extremely irate human torch. Cue the start of his revenge mission. Followed almost solely because of the high concentration of suffering.

This is good, i like the prologue.
lol, mc name is Agni same name as god of fire.

Lain

Any MUST haves?

Saturn Apartments, Princess Knight, Wandering Son, The Flowers of Evil, Witchcraft Works, Tokyo ESP, A Silent Voice, The Ancient Magus Bride, Dragons Rioting.
Anything Attack on Titan.

Arabesque

World Trigger 141

I already knew that Osamu keeps on tripping her up, but I guess Katori really falls head over heels whenever she runs into Osamu.

I wonder if she'll be able to confront him at the end, given how badly she losses her footing whenever she comes across him. Not that she has a leg to stand on now, given how much Osamu planned ahead for their meeting.

Naruto Mitsuki Lord Orochimaru Spinoff

Okay that was really good. It made me wish Naruto were continuing with Kishimoto as he is a fantastic writer when it comes to love and goodness. The whole reveal and all the happy feelings going on and ultimately Mitsuki Boruto being the next SasuNaru potentially. Really good.

Also Suigetsu got lots of screentime. How did he go from cowering and hiding from Lord Orochimaru to working for him. lol.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I guess Togashi was just Zetsubou-sensei the entire time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom