• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTP| The Salt Smut Only Knows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Iron Maiden

Might as well go ahead and report that rape now.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Inspired by the absurdly screenshot thread on the gaming side, let's play a game here just for a bit of fun: post a panel from a manga and let people guess from what manga that panel is coming from! Don't make it too easy!

Although since this is the 1st one, let's make it easy:

123.jpg

Guess from which manga that panel is coming from, MangaGAF.

upandaway

Inspired by the absurdly screenshot thread on the gaming side, let's play a game here just for a bit of fun: post a panel from a manga and let people guess from what manga that panel is coming from! Don't make it too easy!

Haha, reverse google image search solves that one. I didn't know so there was no risk. Don't cheat people!

95% sure that's Hotel, the famous oneshot done by Boichi.
edit: I organized a game like this for years in other forum, done through mp and with a score system. Though there was less image search systems in that time...

Nana to Kaoru Arashi [END] - That last page.

I smiled.

Finally!

Though they still a pair of tsunderes. :p
I suppose the normal manga will catch up to the start of the Arashi story in a few chapters, chronologically speaking, then jump the summer vacations and continue at the same point that this end.

Kieli

That "post an obscure screenshot" for manga probably wouldn't work too well. We don't have nearly as many people browsing ManGaf (obviously), and there are way too many manga.

Who's to say I can't just draw a manga and post it? Lmao.

That "post an obscure screenshot" for manga probably wouldn't work too well. We don't have nearly as many people browsing ManGaf (obviously), and there are way too many manga.

Who's to say I can't just draw a manga and post it? Lmao.

It also wouldn't work since there are probably cases where only one person has read something.

If DTL posts something, I'm sure no one would probably get it.

scy

as said before the transition to the main series should be hella interesting

Finally!

Though they still a pair of tsunderes. :p
I suppose the normal manga will catch up to the start of the Arashi story in a few chapters, chronologically speaking, then jump the summer vacations and continue at the same point that this end.

Yeah. At this point, it seems like it might just transition right into the follow-up of this where they're maybe a bit more uh ... up front about what they want out of these breathers. At least, I hope that's the case. Any kind of step back here would cause me to be very, very sad.

scy

And by "sad" I mean like ... a word bigger than sad. I'm too tired to think of a word that gets that feeling across. It may or may not coincide with a kind of homicidal rage.

Lain

PIL

The word great doesn't make this justice. PIL is a very funny manga, but it's also a manga that makes you think. The relationship between Nanami and her grandfather is full of problems, problems caused by an old man that isn't able to stop spending money and a young girl that's growing up and has a personality way different from the other girls of her time.
Seeing the two interact, fight and be worried about each other, or just do something silly or important during their daily life makes reading the book a pleasure.
Now, for 16€ I was expecting something well printed, instead I got something full of moiré (though at least it's not as eye cutting as it's been in I Am a Hero, published by another published and that hurt my eyes enough to make me drop the whole series), which pissed me off something fierce.
I guess I should be happy enough that we got it, but still...

Caste Heaven 1

Caste Heaven offers an interesting school based system with the characters in a class all being aligned in separate classes based on the ranking of their cards, with unranked characters just being the targets/bullied and everyone else on up through king (joker is basically the lowest as well). I love Ogawa Chise's drawing style which remains the same as its done in the other eight series from her Ive read, and the plot is unique in both what she has done as well as just the genre at large. One of the more interesting and intense chapter ones due to the intriguing nature of their system and figuring out what would happen to characters once it was time to change. I wonder if Karino will do more, seemed to be unclear if he truly liked Azusa, though probably if he went that far to do that, then again one never knows.

One of the better new serialized manga in 2014.

upandaway

Welp. 22 pages of heavy kansai-ben. I'm terrified. I might just skip this chapter. Should I skip this chapter? The answer is no. Full force ahead. I got this.

People have been doing it for a couple months now with Soma but I also think it's nice to be clear about it, just because I never know if you guys are just joking without really reading it, I skip all of it indiscriminately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom