• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTP| The Salt Smut Only Knows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
That "post an obscure screenshot" for manga probably wouldn't work too well. We don't have nearly as many people browsing ManGaf (obviously), and there are way too many manga.

Who's to say I can't just draw a manga and post it? Lmao.

It also wouldn't work since there are probably cases where only one person has read something.

If DTL posts something, I'm sure no one would probably get it.

I was actually seriously thinking of making a contest out of it, exclusive to the posters of MangaGAF, with the winner given a reward at the end of it, like a 20 or 50 bucks worth of PSN code. I am seriously considering it.

....but you folks may be right. It's hard to do, and I can't exactly count on people not use Google's Reverse Image to find the answer.... ah well....

LeleSocho

Banned
Raws should be spoiled tagged since there are no translations available. Not everyone can read moonrunes.

Uhhhh sorry but no because it would go against the reason we put tags in the first place, to quote the op:
In bold, put the name of the series. Then you can go ahead and discuss whatever is on your mind without tags, okay? Make sure there is a space between the bolded name of the series and your text. Here's an example:

If you read the tag and you see that it's something you don't want to be spoiled then you skip that comment, otherwise how do you think people would survive in this thread people that is only now starting reading One Piece or any old manga?
In the case in question he would've read that mine was a comment on the raw and he would've skipped my post.

Mind you, it cost me nothing to spoiler-tag them but it really isn't necessary.

Uhhhh sorry but no because it would go against the reason we put tags in the first place, to quote the op:

If you read the tag and you see that it's something you don't want to be spoiled then you skip that comment, otherwise how do you think would survive in this thread people that is only now starting reading One Piece or any old manga?
In the case in question he would've read that mine was a comment on the raw and he would've skipped my post.

Mind you, it cost me nothing to spoiler-tag them but it really isn't necessary.

From the OP:

Caveats:
Leaks do not count as translation or scans. If a translation has not been released yet, spoiler tag any leaks and discussion of the chapter. Leaks should be sourced (a name/location at least, if a link is not possible).

Raw scans count as leaks since there are not translation available.

Sincerily, it is selfish discussing a chapter that there is no translation available. A lot of us cannot read japanese and will be left out of the discussion.

LeleSocho

Banned
Raws aren't leaks, they are entire chapters.
Otherwise everything that is out before the publication of the magazine should be counted as leak.

leaks are thing like

*japanese gibberish maybe badly translated*

leaks would be like the Naruto Magma Rasengan page (1 page)

Raw would be a whole chapter

but they say:
"If a translation has not been released yet, spoiler tag any leaks and discussion of the chapter."

hmmmmmmm

maybe they mean both RAW and leaks

that the only way it makes sense to me imo

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Raws aren't leaks, they are entire chapters.
Otherwise everything that is out before the publication of the magazine should be counted as leak.

leaks are thing like

The idea for the rule was that no one would get spoiled by the RAWs or leaks before the translation could hit. Basically the spirit of the rule is something is supposed to be in spoiler tags until there's an English translation.

This was a whole big thing when FMA was finishing, hence why it's now a rule.

The idea for the rule was that no one would get spoiled by the RAWs or leaks before the translation could hit. Basically the spirit of the rule is something is supposed to be in spoiler tags until there's an English translation.

Exactly.

LeleSocho

Banned

How do you avoid being spoiled by someone who has read the raw? By pointing out in the tag that is a raw.
Just like i avoid reading comments when i see the Hakyuu!! tag or people avoid reading hekk's comment on stuff miles away from scanlations.

This whole argument is super duper dummy, i'm outta here.

Dresden

^ yep.

It's a simple rule. The manga thread has a pretty liberal policy on spoilers as it is, with it being a free-for-all so long as there's a translation out.

Shishunki Bitter Change 07

Normally I would be all against a fight but this definitely seems like the best chance for them to understand each other which is definitely the whole theme of this.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Shishunki Bitter Change 07

Normally I would be all against a fight but this definitely seems like the best chance for them to understand each other which is definitely the whole theme of this.
Yeah, I don't like them fighting either, but they had good reason to, and they'll probably be closer when they make up.

Noragami 39
dat smartphone wallpaper yo

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
The only version I care about.
I like the way you think.

tumblr_lpq3jttykc1qfi5b1.gif

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Uchi no Heika ga Shinmai de 1
A princess inherits the throne after her parents and brother unexpectedly pass away, but the king had kept her sheltered from the outside world for so long that she has become shy, naive, weak under pressure, and generally unsuitable to become queen. But at least she has her brother's retainer, who has taken it upon himself to make sure she's up to snuff for this rulership business.

No insidious politics so far, contrary to my expectations given the setting. I'm sure some form of it will be showing up sooner or later, but it'll probably be handled with the usual shoujo development of having like zero consequence or lasting affect after a chapter or two. She has an interesting power, and the setting is kind of neat, but the characters are pretty dull. I just give it points for not being in a school setting, even if the royalty setting is somewhat only marginally better.

Dresden

This was near the top of my MU list:

High-school freshman Yuzuriha Kyuuta made a promise with his childhood friend Ririko to marry her when they grow up. Being seperated from her since elementary school he now enrolls at her school, a former all girls private school for rich young ladies which has just opened its gates for male students, to meet her again. But upon meeting her, it turns out he has to live in the girls dorm and she is the dorm head!? And what's more, she doesn't seem to remember him at all! Just how will Kyuuta be able to keep his promise?

But... I don't remember reading this. Or putting this down. Or even hearing about this.

Only conclusion: I've been hacked.

Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun Chapter Yuzan

Oh my god, soooooooo good.

I am loving these extra chapters. Character development and basically the epilogue for the story. Can't believe there's only one more, these should go on foreverrrrrrr.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member

But... I don't remember reading this. Or putting this down. Or even hearing about this.

RIP Dresden (also thanks for reminding me about that series, forgot all about it)

Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun Chapter Yuzan

Oh my god, soooooooo good.

I am loving these extra chapters. Character development and basically the epilogue for the story. Can't believe there's only one more, these should go on foreverrrrrrr.
There's only one more?? :(((((((((( but I haven't gotten enough of these characters yet ;_;

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
that's some Maury shit right there.

Love x Rob x Stockholm 1-4
tsundere, gun nut robber X ronin hostage

It's slice of life and it's ok i guess

upandaway

I believe in you!!!
Ch. 10?
Yep. And I'm done. Deaths: 0. Injured: 3 sentences. I'm pretty proud of this tally. All injuries are from the same core problem so it's really just 1... theoretically.

Dangit, busted.

I had to do something man. My MU ran out of room.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom