• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTP| The Salt Smut Only Knows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revo

Working!! 127

Being Poplar is suffering.

TAL 104

Since this took such a long break, I forget the reasons why I care about like half the cast.

Akito

What is that from?
Something special

iC59c40Vn1uVo.jpg

10 Things to Do While I'm Still a Guy

survivor

Banned
Rookies vol 17-22

That match really took a lot of time to finish, around 42 chapters, such great pacing. And now the final match of the manga has only 2 volumes left for it. Not to mention the added dumb rule of them losing this game makes them get banned for a year, just to raise the stakes.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Mari is just a psychopath who thinks she's the other dude because she's totally dissociative and the other chick is a psycho stalker. Fits perfectly.

I'm slacking off again. Good thing this weekend is a bank holiday, it'll give me time to catch up.

Oniichan Control 25

Seems this ended last week at 31 chapters. With any luck the finale'll be a particularly graphic brother-sister ritual suicide.

Puella pickups.

Just for a bit of fun:

Laughing Banana's top picks for Best Waifu (tm) awards go to:

Tsurara Oikawa from Nurarihyon no Mago

Kaoru Kamiya from Rurouni Kenshin

Nina Fortner from Monster

Masumi from Ryuuroden

Urakawa Minori from AKB49

And of course the best one:

Kyou Kai from KINGDOM
Have you ever considered settling down to a happily married life with a single waifu? You'll find it more emotionally fulfilling.

Yes, this is a thinly veiled pretense for me to post my waifu.

LwnZYTM.png

Kieli

Kaoru?... She's so bad. Nag nag nag nag nag nag nag. Tsun. No dere. Mope mope mope.

Ugh. I feel so sorry for Kenshin.

scy

I"s is shit, shit's just about as shitty and infuriating as A Shit Where you Shit. You know you're shit when you're on par with Seo Kouji.

Hahahaha.

I''s was ... eh. Forgettable, really. Another case of taking too long and adding stupid stuff for the sake of it.

Articalys

So what is the absolute worst cliche a mangaka can put in a romance series

Like, I'm talking infuriating enough to make you want to find them and punch them in the face

Like, I'm talking infuriating enough to make you want to find them and punch them in the face

A dense protagonist.

I start boiling whenever he eventually speaks the phrase "Why is she so angry?"

Also random childhood friend out of nowhere.

Ugh.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member

I'll probably remember more later

• Harem with a Gary Stu lead.
  • Playboy male lead who's slept with thousands but falls for plain jane female lead
  • Gary Stu leads in general
  • Harem in general
  • Stupid love rivals
  • Girl crying during sex
  • Doormats
  • White Knighting

Mainly, let your female characters have some self-respect and don't make the guy so perfect.

kasane

I'll probably remember more later

• Harem with a Gary Stu lead.
  • Playboy male lead who's slept with thousands but falls for plain jane female lead
  • Gary Stu leads in general
  • Harem in general
  • Stupid love rivals
  • Girl crying during sex

Mainly, let your female characters have some self-respect and don't make the guy so perfect.

so like every shonen/shojo harem out there? :p

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Romances with a tsundere main romance.

It was fun when rumiko takahashi came up with it. Try something different!

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Whao. What romances mangas are you reading?
Mature romances that bravely tackle the topic of sex
...basically, pretty much every shoujo manga I've read with a sex scene in it.

so like every shonen/shojo harem out there? :p
Yup. There are so many other people to like out there that I don't get why you'd keep yourself hung over one guy, especially if it seems like he has someone he likes. Just move on.

Kekkon Yubiwa Monogatari 2
FOR FUCK'S SAKE, YOU TWO ARE MARRIED AND LIKE EACH OTHER, STOP FRIENDZONING EACH OTHER

fuck

Charade

I don't know if this goes on the list, since it doesn't really annoy me, but for some reason i was thinking about all the times anime/manga characters have to change their clothes due to reasons. Like it rains and they have to go to their crush's house to get a spare because you can't ever wear wet clothes! You'll get a cold that way!

Of course as I type this I can't come up with any good examples, but I'm sure this happens a lot! Or am I going crazy...!

I don't know if this goes on the list, since it doesn't really annoy me, but for some reason i was thinking about all the times anime/manga characters have to change their clothes due to reasons. Like it rains and they have to go to their crush's house to get a spare because you can't ever wear wet clothes! You'll get a cold that way!

Of course as I type this I can't come up with any good examples, but I'm sure this happens a lot! Or am I going crazy...!

You must avoid the Japanese Cold at all costs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom