• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTP| The Salt Smut Only Knows

Status
Not open for further replies.

survivor

Banned
Rookies vol 23-24 End
JCQgMeI.jpg

Pretty neat to see the last match taking not too long to complete and the narrative of the match was pretty much different from the previous games. Instead of having some sort of rivalry, during the entire time, the focus of the story was on the main characters and how much they want to win instead of dividing time between them and the opposing school. Hell it didn't even feel like they were facing Enatsu, his presence was completely gone. Nice little change to show how the team grew together and is now working to achieve the Koshien dream instead of worrying about petty rivalries.

Anyway, an enjoyable series despite it being very flawed. Started out very slowly with the whole delinquents redemption arc being pretty average as a whole. The problem being is that Kawato isn't a good character nor one that is interesting to read about. Then there is the whole issue of cheesy dialogues and shounen hardships that made a lot of scenes pretty mediocre. Like really, it wasn't needed to raise the stakes of the final game so that if they lost they would be banned for a year, that's just too dumb.

The baseball matches on the other hand suffered from pacing issues going on for far too long, no need to really show every inning, it's okay to skip over most of them. But on the plus side, I never really found myself frustrated at the outcome of the games. In a lot of times in shounen sport series, I find the success of the characters very unearned due to the power of friendship and MC godly powers. Yet here, I was really okay with them winning their games or overcoming great odds. Probably has to do with the fact that most main cast turned out to be decent characters due to the abundance of extra chapters that told side stories about them which helped relate to them more.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
I was more asking for you to hook me up with some recs. :p
If you want shoujo with sex scenes? Black Bird was decent, had to do with youkai and stuff. Ojou-sama wa Oyome-sama was okay for a bit before I got sick of it. Sukitte Ii na yo was alright too, but not really my cup of tea (this one has lots of sex, but I actually think some of the girls don't cry through it, shockingly).

Shoujo that have sex scenes but I thought were god awful: Kyou, Koi wo Hajimemasu; Himitsu no Ai chan

Shoujo that I think have sex scenes that I know I've read but remember pretty much nothing about: Boku no Hatsukoi wo Kimi ni Sasagu; L-DK

Shoujo that don't have sex scenes that I actually want you to read: Gakuen Babysitters, Koi Dano Ai Dano (and its prequel Warau Kanoko-sama, eventually), Oresama Teacher, Akagami no Shirayukihime... Dear by the guy who did Inu × Boku SS was good too, but the art is pretty shitty because I think it's an old series? Orange by Takano Ichigo is pretty good too.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
How do y'all know the proswagonists know, but just don't care about their unwanted harems?
Then he's an asshole, plain and simple. Don't give girls you know are interested in you false hope that there'll be a relationship between you, for both of your sake's.

Charade

Don't Mind ★ Fruit Punch Hakushaku Sensei!! (Oneshot)

Down on her luck mangaka has an interesting encounter with her neighbor when they open their apartment doors at the same time (no, no sex involved, at least in the physical world...). Hilarious.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
If you want shoujo with sex scenes? Black Bird was decent, had to do with youkai and stuff. Ojou-sama wa Oyome-sama was okay for a bit before I got sick of it. Sukitte Ii na yo was alright too, but not really my cup of tea (this one has lots of sex, but I actually think some of the girls don't cry through it, shockingly).

Shoujo that have sex scenes but I thought were god awful: Kyou, Koi wo Hajimemasu; Himitsu no Ai chan

Shoujo that I think have sex scenes that I know I've read but remember pretty much nothing about: Boku no Hatsukoi wo Kimi ni Sasagu; L-DK

Shoujo that don't have sex scenes that I actually want you to read: Gakuen Babysitters, Koi Dano Ai Dano (and its prequel Warau Kanoko-sama, eventually), Oresama Teacher, Akagami no Shirayukihime... Dear by the guy who did Inu × Boku SS was good too, but the art is pretty shitty because I think it's an old series? Orange by Takano Ichigo is pretty good too.

I seem to have read all the sexless shoujos and avoided all the the sex-filled shoujos. Weird.

I dunno, I'm kinda amazed that there are shoujos with sex considering the demographic.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
I seem to have read all the sexless shoujos and avoided all the the sex-filled shoujos. Weird.

I dunno, I'm kinda amazed that there are shoujos with sex considering the demographic.
Well, there's only so much you can do with your standard cliched shoujo romance until it gets stale, so I guess this is the author's way to spice things up/'immortalize' their feelings. Or something.

Hi Score Girl 11
This girl is going to end up heartbroken. :(

kasane

Team medical dragon 1 - end

Finally got the time to finish this

Random thoughts:
Fuck the nurse's brother
Muscle guy was cool
The whole team was actually good

Also fuck the ending

_hekk05

Banned
I thought hekk read chinese scans

Though I guess those are moonrunes too :D

I can do both. Although I speak/read chinese as a first/second lang with english, and japanese is my 3rd. Need a dictionary to make sense of most words and kanji, though I can roughly understand simple sentences.

Just go at it Sylar style. Eat his brain and get his moonspeak/moonrune powers.

but then you'll get stuck on the show Heroes

I can do both. Although I speak/read chinese as a first/second lang with english, and japanese is my 3rd. Need a dictionary to make sense of most words and kanji, though I can roughly understand simple sentences.

More importantly, Traditional or Simplified and Cantonese or Mandarin?

This will depend on how I judge you.

_hekk05

Banned
:kasane just following tribal traditions

In the mean time, I'm reading Shounen Shoujo 18 kin

Did you know 少年少女18禁 had 1 volume (3 chapters) published, then was cancelled, then re-serialised? No English trans beyond chp 3. There are raws up to chp 7 alr but I can never seem to find them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom