• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTP| The Salt Smut Only Knows

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shingeki no Kyojin

I think the mangaka has lost the plot to be honest. The entire plot seems to make little sense at this stage and this coup seems nonsensical. Covert in a repressive state doesn't seem the best strategy at all in this instance. The fact that the plan seems to have been countered is rather pathetic.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
A method to make the gentle world 1-4

Don't make me explain the grammar of the title. I have no idea how it works either.

Anyway, child prodigy, now 19, comes to an all-girl academy to teach and get funding for his research. It's kind of like the first parts of negima but weirdly serious with teacher/student relations which is kinda weirding me out. Seems somewhat interesting though.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Shingeki no Kyojin

I think the mangaka has lost the plot to be honest. The entire plot seems to make little sense at this stage and this coup seems nonsensical. Covert in a repressive state doesn't seem the best strategy at all in this instance. The fact that the plan seems to have been countered is rather pathetic.

If anything it would appear like the counter to the plan has been re-countered back, hahaha.

kasane

Don't make me explain the grammar of the title. I have no idea how it works either.

Anyway, child prodigy, now 19, comes to an all-girl academy to teach and get funding for his research. It's kind of like the first parts of negima but weirdly serious with teacher/student relations which is kinda weirding me out. Seems somewhat interesting though.

Was reading it back then dunno if it was updated

genshiken 44

Rly? Wow.

Revo

Bambino Vol 1-6

Needs more Alice. Otherwise it's pretty good so far. I think it's my first cooking manga that spends most of it's time in an actual restaurant too. I like the Bambi's earnestness and the staff has a good cast that compliments each other.

Antiwhippy

A method to make the gentle world 7

I kind of want to see more manga that uses hacker battles to settle family disputes.

Also what the hell is up with this mother?

_hekk05

Banned

It gets better.
Child prodigy gets drunk and is possibly raped by wild&drunk adult sensei kayama. She turns him down later.
Also,
Touko had sex with her older sister's boyfriend and that's why she doesn't like to be at home. In middle school, she has sex with men in exchange for a place to sleep.

It looks fluffy but man the plot is dark as shit

edit: It also has raws up to 24.

Antiwhippy

It gets better.
Child prodigy gets drunk and is possibly raped by wild&drunk adult sensei hayama. She turns him down later.
Also,
Touko had sex with her older sister's boyfriend and that's why she doesn't like to be at home. In middle school, she has sex with men in exchange for a place to sleep.

Yeah, I'm starting to see a bit of that.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Bambino Vol 1-6

Needs more Alice. Otherwise it's pretty good so far. I think it's my first cooking manga that spends most of it's time in an actual restaurant too. I like the Bambi's earnestness and the staff has a good cast that compliments each other.

I really like it, I once worked in a restaurant as a cook and this manga captured the frenetic and hectic pace of a busy kitchen so well.

Well, except a certain plot point in the end where I feel like it's introduced so friggin cheaply it actually angered me.

Antiwhippy

I really like it, I once worked in a restaurant as a cook and this manga captured the frenetic and hectic pace of a busy kitchen so well.

Well, except a certain plot point in the end where I feel like it's introduced so friggin cheaply it actually angered me.

You meant the
car crash?

Nordicus

That bit is from the raw chapters, isn't it?

kasane

It gets better.
Child prodigy gets drunk and is possibly raped by wild&drunk adult sensei hayama. She turns him down later.
Also,

Is touko the girl with curly hair?

Who is hayama? The gaijin or the one whos friends with mc

Antiwhippy

Noragami 38

Good chapter, but I keep feeling like this ebisu thing is a bit unearned, mostly because they did not really expand into his backstory on why yato and the other gods admire him so much.

If anything it would appear like the counter to the plan has been re-countered back, hahaha.

And recountered again. I dont think he has a clue at this stage... The premise of this series was intriguing, but all these internal power dynamics are less than convincing when compared to the might of the titans. The story is tripping over itself. I am still reading it though.

_hekk05

Banned
Well yeah if its just that then its not too dark lol.

Lol how much dark shit do you need lol?
Model girl almost got raped, MC pretty much implied got raped, Touno does underage compensated dating, smart girl has to pretend to be stupid in front of her mother and I'm pretty sure they're getting a divorce soon.

Like the only person without a dark history is the fujoshi.

kasane

Well yeah i agree with the curly girl part

Since i attended a ted talk that talked about pretty much the same thing, except even more darker.

Revo

Bambino Ch 89

ETJWQVr.png

Miyuki is the best

Genshiken - last 3 chapters of Volume 9 & General Impressions of first part

First...
38848-The-Feels-gif-UHzu.gif

That was a good slice of life manga! Good balance between comedy and hijinks, a more calm SoL-ness sometimes, friendship, group dynamics, romance, dreams and realities, and a bit of pathos and a tiny bit drama to make the package well rounded and complete. Even the end was mono no aware.
Secretly, this story represents the dream for otakus: being not alone but accompanied with a group of other otakus that understand you and good friends in general, finding a couple in the group in the case of some of them, and even finding a job related to the hobby (a mangaka and a manga editor, and Tanaka going to a fashion school).

I liked how people went on to find jobs after college and their worries change over time.
It's a part that don't appear usually in mangas and I can empathise more with that than with super dense high school guys.

8nyUM1d.png

Madarame x Saki is cool...
joking, I know it will never be a thing, and that's ok, unrequited crushes are a part of life and the story just reflects that. Alas, poor Madrame. I hope he eventually got the photo session copies from Ohno!

Revo

Bambino ch114

Well, scenery change. With the talk of other chefs doing it I saw it as a possibility but I'm going to miss Baccanale and the characters there. At this point I figure Secondo starts when he gets to the 2nd store.

Genshiken - last 3 chapters of Volume 9 & General Impressions of first part

First...
38848-The-Feels-gif-UHzu.gif

That was a good slice of life manga! Good balance between comedy and hijinks, a more calm SoL-ness sometimes, friendship, group dynamics, romance, dreams and realities, and a bit of pathos and a tiny bit drama to make the package well rounded and complete. Even the end was mono no aware.
Secretly, this story represents the dream for otakus: being not alone but accompanied with a group of other otakus that understand you and good friends in general, finding a couple in the group in the case of some of them, and even finding a job related to the hobby (a mangaka and a manga editor, and Tanaka going to a fashion school).

I liked how people went on to find jobs after college and their worries change over time.
It's a part that don't appear usually in mangas and I can empathise more with that than with super dense high school guys.

8nyUM1d.png

Madarame x Saki is cool...
joking, I know it will never be a thing, and that's ok, unrequited crushes are a part of life and the story just reflects that. Alas, poor Madrame. I hope he eventually got the photo session copies from Ohno!

Cool to see you finally came around to it since its a great series.

Now i'm curious on what your thoughts will be on the continuation/sequel since it seems to be a YMMV thing tbh.

Antiwhippy

He's just enjoying some soup man.

Gone are the days of innocence when a man can't enjoy his soup without being called creepy.

Haikyuu!! 15-17

Senpai is super effective!

Really liking Nishi.

Hope him and Tanaka interact often.

Will admit that I expected him to be taller after his initial appearance.

And Sensei may be new to volleyball, but he does seem like a great motivator.

Nishinoya is one of the coolest characters in the manga, he consistently gets some of the best moments in action.

Revo

Attack on Titan 57

The best part of this chapter is that there is now the possibility of replacing Eren with someone interesting and/or enjoyable.

~Genshiken

Cool to see you finally came around to it since its a great series.

Now i'm curious on what your thoughts will be on the continuation/sequel since it seems to be a YMMV thing tbh.

Yep, I'm also curious, I will start it in a few days. It seems people are more ambivalent with the sequel. And I also kind of like the fact that it was 9 volumes, it's the perfect size, not too long, not too short, but plenty enough to tell what the author wanted to tell, and with a good end, so there is a part of me that is already sees the idea of more Genshiken as a bad thing, a commercial movement to continue something popular. A bit of irrational fear that may be the second part will diminish the first one by proxy or will undermine the ending, or even if it's good, it will be just "more of the same".
In the other hand the author has shown he has the chops, the craftsmanship, so he deserves the trust on him about making new situations and characters that are interesting.

Shingeki no Kyojin

Didn't like 5 billion titans eat Annie's Titan body when she was in the forrest? Why didn't they turn into shifters?

Anyway Throat slitter Kaney has way better toys then the whole military... Steampunk

kewlmyc

Shingeki no Kyojin

Didn't like 5 billion titans eat Annie's Titan body when she was in the forrest? Why didn't they turn into shifters?

Anyway Throat slitter Kaney has way better toys then the whole military... Steampunk

They didn't eat the host, Annie's still alive. They just ate her "titan shell" if you will.

Jintor

I wish I hadn't had that spoiled for me. Even though I kind of don't care... but you can get back something that was spoiled. Not without severe memory loss, anyway.

Not from here, from le tumblrs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom