• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTP| The Salt Smut Only Knows

Status
Not open for further replies.
Historie

Goddamn this comic is good, I read it all in one sitting. Between this, Kingdom and Vinland Saga it's a good time to be a historical manga fan.

Any other ones I should be on the lookout for?

Can't get excited about it. The story already peaked long time ago and that arc is just a dumb way for Togashi to extend the story without trying.

I disagree, I think the Chimaera Ant arc was just as good as Yorknew and the Eleciton arc was a good segue into something we DIDN'T GET yet so I don't think it's fair to judge that one

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";110635930]Historie

Goddamn this comic is good, I read it all in one sitting. Between this, Kingdom and Vinland Saga it's a good time to be a historical manga fan.

Any other ones I should be on the lookout for?[/QUOTE]

Shoukoku no Altair
Nobunaga no Chef
Otoyomegatari
Thermae Romae

Can't get excited about it. The story already peaked long time ago and that arc is just a dumb way for Togashi to extend the story without trying.

I don't know what "the story" of Hunter x Hunter is, though. Gon's our hero, and he's on a quest to meet his dad, but the only recent arc where Gon was the central character was Greed Island (which is in my opinion the weakest arc since Zoldyck manor). Hunter feels more like a collection of overlapping stories--basically whatever Togashi feels like doing in the world, with Gon and Killua thrown in there.

survivor

Banned
I don't know what "the story" of Hunter x Hunter is, though. Gon's our hero, and he's on a quest to meet his dad, but the only recent arc where Gon was the central character was Greed Island (which is in my opinion the weakest arc since Zoldyck manor). Hunter feels more like a collection of overlapping stories--basically whatever Togashi feels like doing in the world, with Gon and Killua thrown in there.

Uh, so then it's just the story of Gon and Killua as they do their own shit.

The problem really is this entire Chimera Ant arc has been a pretty pointless side adventure escalating the power creep of the world without adding much outside of saying "hey look, there is a whole different world out there so that means more story arcs". Also now that Gon found his dad, the only other plot thread left hanging is Kurapika's revenge which given Togashi's pacing will probably take 20 years to conclude.

survivor

Banned
He/n/shi/n
olDf5X8.jpg
This cover posted by Akito caught my attention. As usual no translations or anything, but I looked through some chapters available online. Pretty interesting art style. The art also looked familiar, and turned out it's by the same guy who illustrated I Kill Giants comic.

Uh, so then it's just the story of Gon and Killua as they do their own shit.

...but it isn't about Gon and Killua doing shit. It's about the King, or Kurapika, or whatever, and Gon and Killua are thrown in there because they're ostensibly the main characters. Our so-called protagonist is, most of the time, not the protagonist.

It just seems strange to me because Gon and Killua and their story have almost always been the least interesting part of HxH. I didn't keep reading because I wanted to see Gon meet up with his dad, because that's boring shonen tripe, and Ging is an irredeemable ass. The peripheral stuff is almost always better, and going forward I (somewhat) trust Togashi to create more interesting side-stories. I sort of hope he leaves Gon out of the next arc altogether, but I know that isn't going to happen.

survivor

Banned
...but it isn't about Gon and Killua doing shit. It's about the King, or Kurapika, or whatever, and Gon and Killua are thrown in there because they're ostensibly the main characters. Our so-called protagonist is, most of the time, not the protagonist.

It just seems strange to me because Gon and Killua and their story have almost always been the least interesting part of HxH. I didn't keep reading because I wanted to see Gon meet up with his dad, because that's boring shonen tripe, and Ging is an irredeemable ass. The peripheral stuff is almost always better, and going forward I (somewhat) trust Togashi to create more interesting side-stories. I sort of hope he leaves Gon out of the next arc altogether, but I know that isn't going to happen.

I don't see how that's any different. Gon and Killua do their own adventures in each arc albeit sharing it with more characters and in some cases giving more backstory and focus on the antagonists like in King's case. HxH is still about them, the story diverging and showing part of Kurapika's revenge doesn't change that.

I played Vesperia. I still prefer Symphonia.

Vesperia has
-Better combat
-Better Graphics/Animation
-Voiced Skits
-Slightly better characters. Judith and Yuri in particular.

Symphonia has
-Better Story
-Far better dungeon design
-Better world building/Field Map design
-Better Dialog
Hot/Cold coffee is truly one for the ages

I think both are great though. The best Tales.

I thought about it a lot and you know what I am going to give Naruto and Bleach some slack

No criticism, No hatred

Just going to enjoy the story till the end for old times sakes... for old characters sake... for old memories sake

I thought about it a lot and you know what I am going to give Naruto and Bleach some slack

No criticism, No hatred

Just going to enjoy the story till the end for old times sakes... for old characters sake... for old memories sake

I've been kinda doing that for Bleach for a while, I'm just in it for Kubo now

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
My favorite Tales game is Tales of Legendia, but that's a pretty unpopular opinion.

Assassination Classroom 89
uh, did Shiro just eat that mouse

Itona's a pretty cool guy. lol at the camaraderie for upskirt photos

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I have xillia and graces F from the sale and I have no idea which one to play first.

Which doesn't really matter because atelier meruru is taking up all my time.

Sket Dance is one of those series that gets better as it goes. Gintama was the same way. They just need to build up the cast and gimmicks a little before it really gets going.

The OT is still super active and the online rated VGC ladder is fun to battle in too, so yeah. If you want a match I'm always ready, just shoot me a PM.

Alright will do after fooling around showdown for a bit I have gotten a lot better than I was back when we first battle.

_hekk05

Banned
Now that doing a hekk is an actual thing, I shall strive to live up to my name :)

Nekogurui Minako-san 25

wut

nmcymo.jpg

This series is a giant metaphor for beastiality ... right?

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Speaking of Tales...

I've never played Tales of Symphonia before so I was kind of excited to play one of Tales' supposedly most famous titles from the GW sales. But damn the game looks rough. What kind of improvements Namco bring for this supposedly HD version? Because *everything* looks rough and washed out, especially the textures on the world map, damn.

Ah well... most probably my eyes will adjust at some point later on if I continue...

I am still at the very beginning and I am actually kind of surprised by the fact that Lloyd (the main lead) and Collete (the token Chosen One love interest) already know each other right from the very beginning; usually in JRPGs these two types of characters are introduced only after some point into the game. This game reminds me of Lunar.

My next project is Tales of Graces F. Most probably.

Speaking of Tales...

I've never played Tales of Symphonia before so I was kind of excited to play one of Tales' supposedly most famous titles from the GW sales. But damn the game looks rough. What kind of improvements Namco bring for this supposedly HD version? Because *everything* looks rough and washed out, especially the textures on the world map, damn.

Ah well... most probably my eyes will adjust at some point later on if I continue...

I am still at the very beginning and I am actually kind of surprised by the fact that Lloyd (the main lead) and Collete (the token Chosen One love interest) already know each other right from the very beginning; usually in JRPGs these two types of characters are introduced only after some point into the game. This game reminds me of Lunar.

My next project is Tales of Graces F. Most probably.

Nothing is your answer.

It's a no thrills bare bones HD port.

Angel Heart 1-198

Its was really strange reading this after City Hunter. The mood is really different, like holy shit in this Kaori is a goddamn saint.

The heart stuff is really hard to swallow, the first arcs are all about the heart, nothing exciting happens, lots of expositon about Kaori. A lot of stuff is different from City Hunter.

Later its gets better when it return to being waifu of the week like CH was. Yang and Joy are top tier material.

kasane

Angel Heart 1-198

Its was really strange reading this after City Hunter. The mood is really different, like holy shit in this Kaori is a goddamn saint.

The heart stuff is really hard to swallow, the first arcs are all about the heart, nothing exciting happens, lots of expositon about Kaori. A lot of stuff is different from City Hunter.

Later its gets better when it return to being waifu of the week like CH was. Yang and Joy are top tier material.

Gonna read it then.

I still wish city hunter was seinen and without kaori :p

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
I'm judging you on your musical opinion.
And your ability to overlook the gameplay and story.
It has the best soundtrack, world, and cast of the games I've played. Except Shirley, because you know, fuck Shirley.

The battle system was boring, but serviceable, and I was playing for the character development anyway.

bigkrev

I too have Xillia and Symphonia sitting on my HDD from sales, and barely even started them. My only tales experience was the childhood arc of a Graces f, which I had to stop playing because even as an adukt I wanted to see Asbel die horribly and knew it would never happen.

I'll be buying the vita one to never play later this year, and Xillia 2 a month after it comes out and drops to 10 dollars on a PSN sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom