• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTP| The Salt Smut Only Knows

Status
Not open for further replies.
Double Gauge 11

alv3DEL.jpg

We get a muscle butt loving new character and it looks like a new arc is going to start.

How exciting.

Haikyuu!! 15-17

Senpai is super effective!

Really liking Nishi.

Hope him and Tanaka interact often.

Will admit that I expected him to be taller after his initial appearance.

And Sensei may be new to volleyball, but he does seem like a great motivator.

NadeNadeShikoShiko 22

That abacus power.

ARAIDOKI 22

Uh....that's some master plan you got going there, father.

Can't Ride A Bicycle! 23

Riding a bicycle won't cure a cold.

High School Ninja Girl, Otonashi-san 22

No one can intrude on her eating cooking club.

In a Heartbeat 21

Uh huh

Logik 19

Dun dun dun?

Oh God! Dear God! 03

And suddenly gods are tasked with solving love triangles.

???????????

what is this? tell me more

It's an one volume series about an otaku and his normal wife who's pregnant and what they go through that's done by the same mangaka as Genshiken. And they totally look and act like who they look like so most people believe it's a look into the future or something.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
One Piece Chapter 138

Luffy scaling a fuckiing mountain as blood drips from his arm in a blizzard while carrying nami and sanji has to be the most badass scene in One Piece I've read to this point. o_O

Wolff

Never read too much manga,but started berserk today and this is amazing. Really interesting. Can someone point me to any others on the same style?

iavi

The what now? Attach the CPU power cable to the video card?

I think it may be a translation error. It's been wacky, but it hasn't been that wrong.

...Aside from them playing the most demanding fps in the history of anything in later chapters, maxing out triple gpu setups and everything. Shit's hilarious.

Nordicus

Coulomb Fille 5-9

An entire volume of translations released at once, yay! Anyway, Hokari was rather unsurprised that her house was set on fire. Things must be even shittier for her than I imagined because she mostly went "Another fire? Again??"

Looks like Wakai got his first friend in a long time too. The boy whose house he lives in knew exactly how to deal with Hokari, apparently because he's a trained electrician. Hokari freaked out immediately and bailed out of their house after causing a blackout and frying a few of the entertainment devices, but Wakai's determined to give her a better life than hermiting it out in the woods

Then suddenly, curse-resisting magnetic cave! Which results in LEWDNESS!
Ban this sick filth!

It looks like Wakai's going to convince others to let Hokari live with them. Should lead to a bit of romance triangle drama (square even?).

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Haikyuu!! 15-17

Senpai is super effective!

Really liking Nishi.

Hope him and Tanaka interact often.

Will admit that I expected him to be taller after his initial appearance.

And Sensei may be new to volleyball, but he does seem like a great motivator.

read first two chapters, finally characters that arent one dimensional in the first few chapters

Nordicus

I usually leave out the "you worthless punk" but I can use it if you want me to play the S role. I am completely willing and able

Charade

Never read too much manga,but started berserk today and this is amazing. Really interesting. Can someone point me to any others on the same style?

In addition to kasane's suggestions: Ookami no Kuchi: Wolfsmund

Sekine-kun no Koi 1-19

Handsome guy who’s empty inside begins the slow process of soul searching, and ultimately romance, through knitting. From its premise, I was expecting it to be a lot more generic, but it’s surprisingly not for the most part. Just very slow-prodding, josei-style art and pacing, reflective and introspective, and oddly compelling. It does tend to rely on the “beauty is a curse” thing a lot, especially for the interspersed flashbacks. I guess it didn’t take too much away though, since I came out liking it mostly (and they kinda confront it at times). Judging from comments and reviews I’ve seen elsewhere, however, I’m probably not the target audience (all about dat husbando :D)

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Not really. There are quite a few telling details, and the title itself is a direct reference to the names "Madarame" and "Saki".

MadaramexSaki is all already destroyed, torpedoed, and buried, even though I *VASTLY* prefer Madarame than Kosaka.

Uhhh..... I hope the author doesn't go MadaramexHato. MadaramexKeiko would be awesome though.

Erigu

MadaramexSaki is all already destroyed, torpedoed, and buried, even though I *VASTLY* prefer Madarame than Kosaka.
Not saying it's canonical / set in the same world as Genshiken, just pointing out that it's not just coincidences.
(Still, according to Saki, the reason it can't happen in Genshiken is that Kôsaka is there, but then again, he apparently exists in Spotted Flower as well: it's just that "Saki" left him.)

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Not saying it's canonical / set in the same world as Genshiken, just pointing out that it's not just coincidences.
(Still, according to Saki, the reason it can't happen in Genshiken is that Kôsaka is there, but then again, he apparently exists in Spotted Flower as well: it's just that "Saki" left him.)

I wouldn't mind the author pulling off a complete 180 and get Saki together with Madarame though.

Alas, it seems impossible right now. Also, the one is spotted flower may be Keiko x Mada instead of Saki x Mada, you know, :p Hahaha.

kasane

They're pretty easy to remember since they're all awesome.
I think im drunk and im not even drinking

damn htc one touchscreen

Edit: the way i remember the characters

MC
Girlfriend
Imouto
Doujin guy
Figure guy
Cosplay girl
Bl girl
Fighting guy
Douchebag