• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTP| The Salt Smut Only Knows

Status
Not open for further replies.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Watashi no Itoshii Kutsu 0
Girl tears the shoes her beloved grandmother made her, and finds an old shoemaker's shop run by a young man in her quest to fix them. Motivated by her infatuation with him, she decides to become his apprentice.

A sort of heartwarming story that illustrates how cyclic life can be.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Oh, is that what they are doing?

Show that pic without context to a 100 persons and I am sure 90 if not 99 if not 100 of them will think of something else :p

Come on, everyone know that the best way to check someone's temperature is to stick your tongue into their mouth.

K - Days Of Blue 7
tumblr_n59ga2XP1O1qbxqfpo1_500.jpg

Another great ARIA K cover which, considering the nature of K Days Of Blue is rather odd almost since its more about Saruhiko and his crew. Though it made sense in context of the chapter since all the great moments unsceen with Saruhiko and Misaki living together in their apartment sharing kotatsu and hot pot.

Just makes me wish for an anime sequel of them coming back to each other, each of these spinoffs makes us want it more and more since they have extensive history.

Lain

Teppu 26

So many awesomely cute facial expressions, so little time.
I can already see Natsuo and Yuzuko get together in a lesbian S&M relationship after they finally get to kick the shit out of each other on the ring.

Yakozen 4

Alright ending chapter to this bl though it seems to be more about people changing and going their separate ways, in a romance context the pairing I wanted end up not working due to the plot so it was unfulfilling, but at least the one person could finally freely expressing himself/herself?, while the girl was able to feel freely loved by the one she found, and the lead was able to at least realize who truly loved him. So Chiba, my fav ended up being the biggest loser :(

The Gamer 36
tumblr_n59j4mGH0M1qbxqfpo1_500.png

His faces this time were creative and hilarious. I just think theories should at least give him some type of benefit, they are grounded in known concepts or facts so it should be away to gain intelligence.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
The Gamer 36
Well, he got ripped off on the one book. His buddy will probably recognize the witch girl and tribal dude, and realize how much shit MC is in for.

Kieli

Swagamoto

I seriously have to admit, guys... I legit thought he was going to summon lightning. That's just how swagalicious he is.

If only I could look so stylish wearing a leek tie.

_hekk05

Banned
Had a briefing at school today and got an influenza jab. My left arm is feeling all kinds of funny and there's a weird taste in my mouth.

So my translation effort was minimal today. It absolutely was not because I finally got my hands on a red DS4 and I played 7 hours of guacamelee straight.

Also, man scanning is tiring as shit. I have no idea how the groups put out chapters so quickly, although I guess they have more manpower.

This might make me enjoy manga less T.T Thank god what I'm translating is super interesting.

_hekk05

Banned
Catching up on kingdom

Boy that reward waa pretty tame.

And hekk are you scanning ripped out pages or what?

By scanning I mean scanlating lol. I have the entire tank in raws, but they're not high quality pages where everything is white, so i can't just remove and paint white. Gotta somehow make the dirty feeling of the pages consistent.

The actual translation is like the easiest bit. What little cleaning I do and typesetting is hard yo

Hakai dangerous 11

American Chopper has got to be one of the most imaginative and useful in real life powers I've ever seen. And as always many thanks to Akito.

Akito

Had a briefing at school today and got an influenza jab. My left arm is feeling all kinds of funny and there's a weird taste in my mouth.

So my translation effort was minimal today. It absolutely was not because I finally got my hands on a red DS4 and I played 7 hours of guacamelee straight.

Also, man scanning is tiring as shit. I have no idea how the groups put out chapters so quickly, although I guess they have more manpower.

This might make me enjoy manga less T.T Thank god what I'm translating is super interesting.

By scanning I mean scanlating lol. I have the entire tank in raws, but they're not high quality pages where everything is white, so i can't just remove and paint white. Gotta somehow make the dirty feeling of the pages consistent.

The actual translation is like the easiest bit. What little cleaning I do and typesetting is hard yo
It's a shit job.
Get every helping hand you can, like for steps you don't particularly enjoy.
Learn to level images (which turn the blacks to blacks and whites to whites, just don't overlevel).
It's a shit job.

_hekk05

Banned
It's a shit job.
Get every helping hand you can, like for steps you don't particularly enjoy.
Learn to level images (which turn the blacks to blacks and whites to whites, just don't overlevel).
It's a shit job.

Oh yea I've seen that function. It usually comes out weird looking though, like its been sterilised. Maybe I've got my settings wrong

I have newfound respect for scanlation groups

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

Do you mean super interesting or super interesting.

_hekk05

Banned
Well I've got a movie marathon tmr (actually its already today lol) so no work today again!

Good thing about having backlog is that you're not really pressured to rush it out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom