• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTP| The Salt Smut Only Knows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erigu

I totally get what you're getting at. It was chapter 71.
You're right, my bad: it was 71, not 72 (all the numbers in the table of contents were off by one in the first printing(s?) of the book, and that's what I was looking at).

Sure changes the tone of the episode, anyway...

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I am still juggling between TTWyR and Prince of Tennis as the sole winner of "FUCK THE EXISTENCE OF THIS MANGA" award.

Oh alriiiiiight, I'll read 7 seeds this weekend... I'll even post impressions..... most probably.............. most likely...............................

I'll start kingdom once you do. Deal?

All the way through, no backing out of this train.

wonzo

Banned
Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmh.

Let me think about it. I mean, I am always open for exposing KINGDOM to more people but ummmmmmmmmrghhhhhh the artwork in 7 seeds is truly repulsive to my sensibilities.

UUUUUuummmmmh.
7 seeds art is the shit dude
7seeds45.jpg

7seeds60.jpg

7seeds62.jpg

Shengar

I guess I'll just check out this art this weekend.

You should read it. I'm the type of person who could easily swayed off by fan service, but due to the over-the top nature and serious art style of the manga, they're actually made for laugh. Also it wouldn't be far fetched if I called it well written. It seems the author have made solid outline of what'll happened in the manga.

That reminds to finished my Prison School review.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I'll read Prison School more but the extremely sweaty lady repulses me. Every time she's on the screen I just go ugggh.

I'll start kingdom once you do. Deal?

All the way through, no backing out of this train.

Oh alright........ I'll post impressions as well.

7 seeds art is the shit dude

I read the 1st volume already, and while I can appreciate the environment art it's that Shoujo character art that I *really* hate. The whole sparkly eyes and bishounen long hair dudes and things like that.

But alright, I'll try it.

Shengar

Hiramoto is a great artist, one of the best. Wasted on this smut ARTWORK. :(

His previous works between Prison School and Ore to Akuma No Blues looks absolute shit though. Looks like Hiramoto went into depression and desperation after his masterpiece (which is true) got cancelled :(

Hiramoto ordeal reminds me of Naoshi Komi similar fate

Mortemis

Banned
Ryoma is now gonna transform into tennisjesusgod

He can now play with 2 strings

Him and Naruto would probably be good friends. I wonder what kinda conversation Ninjesus and tennis jesus would have.
Guys

I haven't read One Piece since Fishman.

How much epic am I in for if I start now?

Truth :(

You'd be better off just waiting until this arc ends, probably around the end of this year. OP arcs are much more enjoyable if you can bulk read the whole arc at once.

Guess Who

Banned
Avoid it. It is example of a story ruined by unrealistic characters reacting in unrealistic ways to events blown way out of proportion. Youd get more entertainment from reading Charles Baudelaire "Les Fleurs du mal" (#AmazonCart) than you would reading this boring manga.

Whoa, don't mind me who has never posted in this thread before, just coming here to say this is the wrongest post that has ever wronged.

If you've ever been a depressed thirteen year old kid in a shitty small town with a drive to escape and be somebody then the characters are not only realistic but painfully, heartbreakingly relatable. Kasuga is a wonderful portrayal of that pretentious kid who wants to be a special snowflake but is really a creeper with no sense of self. As someone who has suffered from crippling depression, Nakamura's rabid anger towards her shitty town, her broken family, the small-minded nature of society, and most of all herself, and her burning desire to see all of it go to hell, to run away and escape from it all, that shit hits super close to home. And Kasuga's relationships with Saeki and Nakamura showcase perfectly that feeling of naive young "love", of being so stupidly infatuated you can't even see someone as who they really are, as well as illustrate how Kasuga tries so hard to find his own identity through other people.

Yes, things are blown out of proportion, and characters don't always react rationally because that's what teenagers do - even the smallest, pettiest problems feel like the end of the world when you're that young, and the manga expertly captures that. I honestly can't think of a manga with a more realistic portrayal of teenagers with mental problems and deep-seated personality and identity issues.

tl;dr Aku no Hana is basically my favorite manga of all time.
And the anime is fucking great too, and anyone who got turned off because of the art style has absolutely no taste whatsoever.

Pokemon Adventures Vol.22

2vbOyWml.jpg

It only seems fitting that I finish reading the Ruby/Sapphire arc the day its remakes get announced.

A pretty great ending for an arc where the latter half was pretty much the world ending over and over. More or less, it definitely showed Ruby's growth of a character. Sapphire had some too, but it was definitely more about Ruby.

The final final battle was definitely the most interesting.
Even more interesting was the idea to actually kill off some characters. Sure, Ruby also had a deus ex machina to undo all that, but it still hit hard.

Another great arc to a great series. Can't believe we're actually going to get the Fire Red/ Leaf Green arc translated soon!

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Whoa, don't mind me who has never posted in this thread before, just coming here to say this is the wrongest post that has ever wronged.

If you've ever been a depressed thirteen year old kid in a shitty small town with a drive to escape and be somebody then the characters are not only realistic but painfully, heartbreakingly relatable. Kasuga is a wonderful portrayal of that pretentious kid who wants to be a special snowflake but is really a creeper with no sense of self. As someone who has suffered from crippling depression, Nakamura's rabid anger towards her shitty town, her broken family, the small-minded nature of society, and most of all herself, and her burning desire to see all of it go to hell, to run away and escape from it all, that shit hits super close to home. And Kasuga's relationships with Saeki and Nakamura showcase perfectly that feeling of naive young "love", of being so stupidly infatuated you can't even see someone as who they really are, as well as illustrate how Kasuga tries so hard to find his own identity through other people.

Yes, things are blown out of proportion, and characters don't always react rationally because that's what teenagers do - even the smallest, pettiest problems feel like the end of the world when you're that young, and the manga expertly captures that. I honestly can't think of a manga with a more realistic portrayal of teenagers with mental problems and deep-seated personality and identity issues.

And the anime is fucking great too, and anyone who got turned off because of the art style has absolutely no taste whatsoever.

The poster in question just gushed about how Naruto is the best its ever been.

You have good taste, you should post more! Also DTL is a troll.

wonzo

Banned

agreebyrd.gif

fake dappin this post so hard right now

Shengar

You have good taste, you should post more! Also DTL is a troll.

So he posts all of that BL pictures which sometimes puts me into awkward situation when someone come over deliberately?
Pokemon Adventures Vol.22

It only seems fitting that I finish reading the Ruby/Sapphire arc the day its remakes get announced.

A pretty great ending for an arc where the latter half was pretty much the world ending over and over. More or less, it definitely showed Ruby's growth of a character. Sapphire had some too, but it was definitely more about Ruby.

The final final battle was definitely the most interesting.
Even more interesting was the idea to actually kill off some characters. Sure, Ruby also had a deus ex machina to undo all that, but it still hit hard.

Another great arc to a great series. Can't believe we're actually going to get the Fire Red/ Leaf Green arc translated soon!

Out of some Pokemon Special Chapters so far, RS Chapters is definitely one the best. Ruby's conflict with his father because he wanted to be a coordinator is what makes this chapter so interesting. The only problem is that RS, much like any other "main" chapters suffered from horrible pacing in the end due to the authors have to catched up with the game. If only Pokemon Special an actual weekly series, it wouldn't have pacing problem, probably.

Silver Spoon 99

The forever stuck being friends even though they know there's more relationship bomb something something

Silver Spoon 100

IOlqMhzl.png

Good old college applications times.

I'm liking all these developments and attempts to stall relationship developments going on here.

Rhapsody

Banned
On the topic of Aku no Hana, I thought it was just ok. Got a lot more out of Oyasumi Punpun than Aku no Hana.

It's mostly because of the events and topics in it (which is why that's why people like it, but it's not my thing).

I stuck with it though, and there's only one chapter left that's waiting to be translated.

http://natalie.mu/comic/news/116171 holy shit Manga Erotics F to end with the next issue? :(

What?!

One of the best :(

Some of the published authors:

Junko Kawakami
Lily Hoshino (Otome Yōkai Zakuro)
Naoki Yamamoto (Believers, Dance Till Tomorrow, Arigatō)
Natsume Ono (Ristorante Paradiso, House of Five Leaves)
Sukune Inugami
Takako Shimura (Hourou Musuko, Aoi Hana)
Usamaru Furuya (Palepoli, Genkaku Picasso, Suicide Club, The Music of Marie)
Inio Asano (Solanin, Goodbye PunPun, What a wonderful World, Nijigara Holograph)
Hiroaki Samura (Blade of the Immortal)
Jiro Matsumoto (Freesia, Uncivilized Planet, Keep on Vibrating, Alice in Hell, etc)

Couldn't they take instead Shonen Jump? Togashi can move to Aternoon :p

Nordicus

I don't want to read Kingdom, too many chapters, I have enough long runners to follow
Try reading Kingdom one arc/battle at a time while taking breaks in the middle, the length isn't very intimidating at all that way
One Piece: making attractive ladies copies of Nami + Robin. Also tone down the incredibly excessive fanservice. It's like there's some sort of rule or something in OP that every attractive female in OP must wear something totally ridiculous.
Oda should start creating his female characters by first making an elaborate male character design, then genderbending it.

_hekk05

Banned
Tried to improve my typesetting a bit. You can now see that everything is centered slightly better now, and I can now slant text (lol)

ilhgpc.jpg

The Legend of the Strongest Man, KuroZAWA Vol. 7

It would seem Kurosawa's greatest enemy is still dreaded steel baseball bat. Can't escape from punks with those in Metro City. Or wherever this is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom