• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTS| Yeah I couldn't come up with a thread title ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.

dani_dc

Suzuka 150-End

Of course the friend would run into Yamato aunt of all people. Nice going.

Which of course leads to Suzuka dad tracking them down and taking Suzuka away.

Thankfully he manages to convince her father that he'll take care of his daughter and focus on studying.

*two hours later in Seoverse*

Oh God! Suzuka is pregnant! How can this two be so awful at dating? Did no one teach them to use protection?

I guess that explains why Miho looked so young in her short Fuuka cameo, she would still be on her early 30's. Heck, so would everyone else of Suzuka cast.

Yamato and Arima finally have a rivals moment since... uh... the first time they meet I suppose. Why does Arima consider this guy a rival again? Yamato couldn't even finish first in the last IH, nor does he have any actual love for track and field.

Suzuka wants to abort Fuuka, I guess [FUUKA SPOILERS]
she won't be to bummed about Fuuka being hit by a truck.

Thankfully since Yamato is a nice guy, so he tells her "No, I want to destroy your dream of track & field, so we're going to have that baby". Because who cares about the impacting having a baby at the age of 18 will have on Suzuka life?
You'd think this would be something worth sitting down and discuss, but Yamato basically pushes his idea into Suzuka and she decides to go along with it.

Not only that but he pushes her into an early marriage due to pregnancy, because that usually ends well.
Suzuka father eventually accepts this, saying that it only matters that Suzuka is happy (even though Yamato ruined her dream).

Also now they decide to drop their college applications, thus screwing up the school good name and the potential future of applicants wanting to go to the other college. Good job guys.

Also Miki isn't even told about Suzuka being pregnant despite being Yamato and Suzuka best friend. What the heck is wrong with them?
Thankfully Miki is the best so doesn't make a big deal out of it, even if she would be justified to feel betrayed at this point.

We get to see everyone at this point, Honoka somehow finish school despite never going there, and "best friend" decided it was a good idea to call Yui to Suzuka/Yamato party.

So now Yamato and Suzuka are both school drop outs and Yamato gets some shitty job thanks to Suzuka contacts. He even gets to continue his sports carrer while Suzuka is forced to drop it. If I didn't know better I would say that it sounds like Yamato screwed Suzuka badly. Oh wait, he did.

To put salt on the wound Yamato takes Suzuka to the place he first saw her doing sports and describe how he fell in love with her because of how beautiful she looked while doing sports.

Good thing we'll never see that again, thanks Yamato!

He proceeds to do the worst proposal ever after realizing they were marrying without actually being engaged, and decides to marry in the same day, what a romantic guy.

He then says:

"Three years ago (..) we made wishes at the shrine"
"That Wish... it really came true"
"I wished for something good to happen"

What, no, impregnating your girlfriend and by consequence destroying her dreams as well as future study prospect is NOT a good thing. Fuuka might be a good thing but she's a byproduct of a lot of bad things.

Fuuka's born, then they have a wedding at a church.
And End.

Well, that's not how I expected Suzuka to end. Teen Pregnancy was about the last thing in my mind when I started reading this, but I should had known better than expecting smooth sailing with Seo. He sure manage to pack the last 17 chapters full of drama and bad decisions.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Guys I don't think you thought through what a Lamia orgy would entail

And is that a pun i see?
tumblr_lrs449VzfL1qhpsx5o1_500.jpg

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The hilarious part about Soma anime is that AnimeGAF will hate it because there's fanservice.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
they hate/like everything blah blah blah

That's the one thing that I find animeGAF is pretty unified on though - not liking pandering fanservice. Granted, it goes both ways in Soma at least, but not until naked apron-senpai shows up.

360pages

It's mostly due to the fact that there is a lot more Manga than Anime in the world, and as a result we tend to accept more taste. Manga overall has more exposure to genres, though I will say Anime Gaf has a habit of sucking all the fun out of everything.

Also I'm thinking about starting fate/apocrypha light novel when I get the chance.

dani_dc

Hip Whip Girl / Keijo 4

So many different girls, yet Nozomi still gets out in front, she must have some nice lower-body muscles.

That's the one thing that I find animeGAF is pretty unified on though - not liking pandering fanservice. Granted, it goes both ways in Soma at least, but not until naked apron-senpai shows up.

Didn't they use to love it until Duckroll cut it down?

I recall the place being filled with fan-pandering gifs not too long ago.

Angry Grimace

It's mostly due to the fact that there is a lot more Manga than Anime in the world, and as a result we tend to accept more taste. Manga overall has more exposure to genres, though I will say Anime Gaf has a habit of sucking all the fun out of everything.

Also I'm thinking about starting fate/apocrypha light novel when I get the chance.

I mean, I understand the difficulty of explaining that something is both good and full of fanservice since they're typically thought of as mutually exclusive.

Hip Whip Girl / Keijo 4

So many different girls, yet Nozomi still gets out in front, she must have some nice lower-body muscles.

Didn't they use to love it until Duckroll cut it down?

I recall the place being filled with fan-pandering gifs not too long ago.

I think that was just one dude who got banned.

360pages

I mean, I understand the difficulty of explaining that something is both good and full of fanservice since they're typically thought of as mutually exclusive.

I posted there a little, but I felt like it was super uncomfortable and stuffy. It also helped that I tend to read more Manga than watch Anime, and I don't mind fanservice either way, sometimes I enjoy it, sometimes I ignore it. Either way I'm not going to discredit a series because of it.

I simply decided that a more laid back air was more my style so I decided to swing around here and subscribe.

dani_dc

I can't wait until the Prison School reactions.

Not that the anime has any chances at being good. But still.

Poor cnet ended up being a sacrificial lamb.

I guess the rest of smut-animeGaf disappeared into safer heavens afterwards

mdubs

Banned
I've been looking around for info, but does anyone know if anything has been said about if Ohba and Obata will be back together on a new series in the near future? It seems like they would be free to do so now that Ohba had that one-shot released and Obata finished All You Need is Kill. Would really like to another series from them considering its been 2 years since Bakuman finished, those guys are money.

I've been looking around for info, but does anyone know if anything has been said about if Ohba and Obata will be back together on a new series in the near future? It seems like they would be free to do so now that Ohba had that one-shot released and Obata finished All You Need is Kill. Would really like to another series from them considering its been 2 years since Bakuman finished, those guys are money.

Only if they come back with PCP.

Everyday Monster Waifus 27
Goddamn, this may actually be the best thing ever. All glory to the mono-eye.

Chapter was alright. Momma Miia wasn't hugely more entertaining than her daughter, and I can't say I have high hopes for the other two's parents either. Though it's difficult to imagine Centorea's mother (or anyone) being less likable than her spawn.

360pages

Suzuka 150-End

Of course the friend would run into Yamato aunt of all people. Nice going.

Which of course leads to Suzuka dad tracking them down and taking Suzuka away.

Thankfully he manages to convince her father that he'll take care of his daughter and focus on studying.

*two hours later in Seoverse*

Oh God! Suzuka is pregnant! How can this two be so awful at dating? Did no one teach them to use protection?

I guess that explains why Miho looked so young in her short Fuuka cameo, she would still be on her early 30's. Heck, so would everyone else of Suzuka cast.

Yamato and Arima finally have a rivals moment since... uh... the first time they meet I suppose. Why does Arima consider this guy a rival again? Yamato couldn't even finish first in the last IH, nor does he have any actual love for track and field.

Suzuka wants to abort Fuuka, I guess [FUUKA SPOILERS]
she won't be to bummed about Fuuka being hit by a truck.

Thankfully since Yamato is a nice guy, so he tells her "No, I want to destroy your dream of track & field, so we're going to have that baby". Because who cares about the impacting having a baby at the age of 18 will have on Suzuka life?
You'd think this would be something worth sitting down and discuss, but Yamato basically pushes his idea into Suzuka and she decides to go along with it.

Not only that but he pushes her into an early marriage due to pregnancy, because that usually ends well.
Suzuka father eventually accepts this, saying that it only matters that Suzuka is happy (even though Yamato ruined her dream).

Also now they decide to drop their college applications, thus screwing up the school good name and the potential future of applicants wanting to go to the other college. Good job guys.

Also Miki isn't even told about Suzuka being pregnant despite being Yamato and Suzuka best friend. What the heck is wrong with them?
Thankfully Miki is the best so doesn't make a big deal out of it, even if she would be justified to feel betrayed at this point.

We get to see everyone at this point, Honoka somehow finish school despite never going there, and "best friend" decided it was a good idea to call Yui to Suzuka/Yamato party.

So now Yamato and Suzuka are both school drop outs and Yamato gets some shitty job thanks to Suzuka contacts. He even gets to continue his sports carrer while Suzuka is forced to drop it. If I didn't know better I would say that it sounds like Yamato screwed Suzuka badly. Oh wait, he did.

To put salt on the wound Yamato takes Suzuka to the place he first saw her doing sports and describe how he fell in love with her because of how beautiful she looked while doing sports.

Good thing we'll never see that again, thanks Yamato!

He proceeds to do the worst proposal ever after realizing they were marrying without actually being engaged, and decides to marry in the same day, what a romantic guy.

He then says:

"Three years ago (..) we made wishes at the shrine"
"That Wish... it really came true"
"I wished for something good to happen"

What, no, impregnating your girlfriend and by consequence destroying her dreams as well as future study prospect is NOT a good thing. Fuuka might be a good thing but she's a byproduct of a lot of bad things.

Fuuka's born, then they have a wedding at a church.
And End.

Well, that's not how I expected Suzuka to end. Teen Pregnancy was about the last thing in my mind when I started reading this, but I should had known better than expecting smooth sailing with Seo. He sure manage to pack the last 17 chapters full of drama and bad decisions.

That ending, man, it was kind of ick. Maybe you could argue it was realist and teenagers being teenagers, but still...it wasn't really that uplifting. And the pressure to have Fuuka...

Angry Grimace

Bakuman was kind of terrible, especially the after about 1/3rd of the way in though. Granted, my perception of Bakuman is colored very negatively by the Idol culture bullshit near the end being presented without any kind of commentary on how fucked up it is.

Zweizer

Banned
Suzuka ch161

Fuck, why can't anyone beat some sense into this guy?

Suzuka ch162

Fuck. Why?

Suzuka ch163

Why? Why? "Let's all be selfish hypocrites. It's okay! Fuck consequences!"
What the fuck Seo.

Suzuka ch164

Yeah you're pathetic. Not just because you can't find a job however. The list is fa~ar longer than that.

Suzuka ch165

Everyone back for one last time.
Yui really dodged a bullet back then all things considered.

Suzuka ch166

It's not Yamato if he doesn't screw up at every step. Real romantic here. Thanks for ruining her future prospects, asshole.

Suzuka ch167

The end.

*vomits*

Suzuka ch.Extra

They haven't matured an iota. That's actually kind of impressive.

Finished this shit. Fuck. I hope I won't have to touch another of Seo's works again. Yamato is a moronic and selfish ass. Suzuka and her mood that swings more frequently than a vane during a tempest can't communicate a damn. They only made bad decisions during the entire length of this series. It's a miracle they somehow managed to pull through, in no small part thanks to the power of plot and their entourage being braindead idiots at convenient moments. The whole thing was a waste of time and I wouldn't suggest it to my worst enemy. Fuck this shitty-ass manga. Thank fuck I'm done with it.

Finished this shit. Fuck. I hope I won't have to touch another of Seo's works again. Yamato is a moronic and selfish ass. Suzuka and her mood swings more frequently than a vane during a tempest. They only made bad decisions during the entire length of this series. It's a miracle they somehow managed to pull through, in no small part thanks to the power of plot and their entourage being braindead idiots at convenient moments. The whole thing was a waste of time and I wouldn't suggest it to my worst enemy. Fuck this shitty-ass manga. Thank fuck I'm done with it.

I came to the same conclusion of Seo's works after getting a little past half way through Kimi No Iru and just saying fuck this, fuck the MC and fuck almost everyone in this series.

SWEET BABY JESUS!

That glimpse of heaven on those colored pages.

The glorious milf that is mama Miia.

This might very well go down as my second favorite chapter.

Can't wait until we get mama Papi and mama Cerea too.

dani_dc

Suzuka ch.Extra

So Yamato keeps being unable to plan dates and Suzuka is still the same old.
I didn't realize that KNIM characters were so close to age to Suzuka ones, around 5 years of difference.

Fuuka 11.X

Stars with an awkward Honoka "acting" what happened between her and Yamato and quickly goes into Suzuka and Yamato disagreeing about Fuuka future, Yamato pushing her to be a runner, while Suzuka wants her to be "girly" (even though she herself loved Track, more so than Yamato).

Fuuka wants a baby brother so Yamato and Fuuka go fuck and wake up Suzuka with their loud noises.

Fuuka 25.X

Yamato somehow wins the silver in the Olympics, leaving Arima on third place, I can't begin to note how unfair this is considering the efforts they each put on it and how much more Arima cared for Track than Yamato.

Miyamoto notes how Kazuki (the dude that got hit by a truck) must be proud of Yamato.
I'm guessing that's why Fuuka got hit by a truck.

We also get to see their second baby. Which Yamato forgot to mention when dedicating his victory to Suzuka and Fuuka (at least say "my pregnant wife"). You're still an awful partner Yamato.

Also Hattori and Miki are going to marry each other. Fuck everything.

That ending, man, it was kind of ick. Maybe you could argue it was realist and teenagers being teenagers, but still...it wasn't really that uplifting. And the pressure to have Fuuka...

Well I don't think every manga needs an uplifting ending, the events that occurred during Suzuka sure didn't merit one. It honestly ended up being more uplifting than it should.

Finished this shit. Fuck. I hope I won't have to touch another of Seo's works again. Yamato is a moronic and selfish ass. Suzuka and her mood that swings more frequently than a vane during a tempest can't communicate a damn. They only made bad decisions during the entire length of this series. It's a miracle they somehow managed to pull through, in no small part thanks to the power of plot and their entourage being braindead idiots at convenient moments. The whole thing was a waste of time and I wouldn't suggest it to my worst enemy. Fuck this shitty-ass manga. Thank fuck I'm done with it.

So what you're saying is, lets do KNIM next.

Why is Kosaki in first and fifth place?

Just showing the rankings of the orders of stuff. Usually the newest stuff up for preorder will be on the top of the list cause everyone likes to pre-order figures to make sure they get one.

Kosaki got both a nendo and a swimsuit figure up for preorder on the same day.

Of course everyone should pay attention to the Tsugumi in 2nd place~

Zweizer

Banned
So what you're saying is, lets do KNIM next.

If I have to lose my sanity, I'd rather do so while reading a good series.

since when does ufotable have good animation

They're better than the unholy trinity of Deen/Toei/Pierrot at any rate.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";136332544]I don't see how anyone can think that the ending to Suzuka didn't redeem the entire series.[/QUOTE]

No ending can redeem the entirety of Suzuka unless a meteorite crashed into that church and killed everyone inside save for Miki.

LeleSocho

Banned
You can always visit FigureGAF
and lose all your money

Besides that depends, it would be harder online if it's an older figure.

If you want to import directly from Japan: http://www.amiami.com/ or http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/. http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/shop/en/ for older/sold out stuff

So i essentially have to go to japan and hope for one of those 300 folks to sell me that greatness...
ghbllglbhlgblgbhlgbhlgbhlbglglgbhlbhglhblhbglbglhjghlgjhlhglbh

dani_dc

Just showing the rankings of the orders of stuff. Usually the newest stuff up for preorder will be on the top of the list cause everyone likes to pre-order figures to make sure they get one.

Kosaki got both a nendo and a swimsuit figure up for preorder on the same day.

Of course everyone should pay attention to the Tsugumi in 2nd place~

Too many Kosaki fans.

Japan has shit taste, what else is new
Aren't this mostly import sites though?
So isn't it us westerns that suck?

If I have to lose my sanity, I'd rather do so while reading a good series.

As I said, KNIM.

Plus would you really lose your sanity in a series you consider good?

No ending can redeem the entirety of Suzuka unless a meteorite crashed into that church and killed everyone inside save for Miki.

You're a devil, Fuuka should also survive. And Miho never did anything too bad to justify death.

So i essentially have to go to japan and hope for one of those 300 folks to sell me that greatness...
ghbllglbhlgblgbhlgbhlgbhlbglglgbhlbhglhblhbglbglhjghlgjhlhglbh

I'm sure it would be absolutely worth it.

Angry Grimace

Fuuka 11.X

Fuuka wants a baby brother so Yamato and Fuuka go fuck and wake up Suzuka with their loud noises.

Awkward

since when does ufotable have good animation

I don't know, it looks pretty good in F/SN. I don't really know what you consider "good animation" if you think F/SN UBW has crappy animation unless you just think everything sucks.

Aren't this mostly import sites though?
So isn't it us westerns that suck?

AmiAmi does have a Japanese store too, but yes the English webpage for is for mostly westerners, so they love Kosaki~

The Japanese page has the Kosaki nendo as number 2 and the new Cloud Play Arts Kai as number 1, lol
so they have crappy tastes too

Zweizer

Banned
As I said, KNIM.

Plus would you really lose your sanity in a series you consider good?

Rage Town, a good series? Aaaaahahahhahahahahha.

And yes, Boys on the Run for example took quite a toll on my mental health, but it was worth it.

You're a devil, Fuuka should also survive. And Miho never did anything too bad to justify death.

They never did anything good in the course of the series either.

dani_dc

I might have gotten the names confused...

AmiAmi does have a Japanese store too, but yes the English webpage for is for mostly westerners, so they love Kosaki~

The Japanese page has the Kosaki nendo as number 2 and the new Cloud Play Arts Kai as number 1, lol
so they have crappy tastes too

I'm not sure who's worst.

Rage Town, a good series? Aaaaahahahhahahahahha.

And yes, Boys on the Run for example took quite a toll on my mental health, but it was worth it.

Clearly wasn't enough to break you!

They never did anything good in the course of the series either.

Not doing good doesn't mean they deserve death!

Fuuka getting hit by a truck was definitely karma. Kazuki must of been truly angry when Suzuka confessed to Yamato on his grave. Then again what kind of stupid fucks do that kind of shit on somebody's grave. That's like asking to be cursed by the dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom