• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTS| Yeah I couldn't come up with a thread title ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.

wonzo

Banned
there's no
L.gif
big enough for the naruto thread closure

fukken lmfaoooooooooo

Well some liked Sakura and wanted NaruSaku to happen

But after Kishi shut NaruSaku down with his recent interview saying NaruHina was planned long ago and that Sakura always loved Sasuke some people became broken...

Some just started to see reality and realize that Sakura isn't some goddess and gave up while others tried to distort his interview before some translators shut them down

Now they either hate on SasuSakura or hid themselves away crying about the fanfiction on some closed forum away from public viewing

Any way Loving Sakura kills peoples minds

dani_dc

The breakdown is no surprise really, I recall randomly going into the Narutp thread a few months ago and being greeted by dozens of Sakura fanart for several pages long.

The breakdown is no surprise really, I recall randomly going into the Narutp thread a few months ago and being greeted by dozens of Sakura fanart for several pages long.

just thinking about you kinda understand

dedicated yourself to Sakura.... making her into some Queen... calling her the Queen

looking or making fanart of her and Naruto every year

For all of it to crumble.... for all their theories to be nothing but illusions/and marketing.... to realize that their character was added by Editors and that all the bashing they did on Hinata was actually what Sakura was

must be really tough

dani_dc

just thinking about you kinda understand

dedicated yourself to Sakura.... making her into some Queen... calling her the Queen

looking or making fanart of her and Naruto every year

For all of it to crumble.... for all their theories to be nothing but illusions/and marketing.... to realize that their character was added by Editors and that all the bashing they did on Hinata was actually what Sakura was

must be really tough

It's a bit like Toriko fans being convinced that Toriko is a good series due to all of Jump marketing pushing it to be the next big thing.

360pages

To be fair Kishi editors also made team Taka, which is easily the most balanced and fleshed out team next to team 7. So I have a feeling that most of the editors probably would make better writers than Kishi anyway.

It's a bit like Toriko fans being convinced that Toriko is a good series due to all of Jump marketing pushing it to be the next big thing.

HA HA

;_;

I like Toriko due to it being similar to old school manly manga's (plus its world building)

but it does have its flaws

one of them being it missing a more overly sad deaths ( not just deaths in general seeing as a lot of people already have died).... Ichiryuu's death was close but not fully there... I got to give props to how Sunny handled TommyRod... They both gave each other respect

someone from the 4 Heavenly Kings needs to die

dani_dc

HA HA

;_;

I like Toriko due to it being similar to old school manly manga's (plus its world building)

one of them being it missing a more overly sad deaths ( not just deaths in general seeing as a lot of people already have died).... Ichiryuu's death was close but not fully there... I got to give props to how Sunny handled TommyRod... They both gave each other respect

Hahah

I like Toriko too! For the same reasons you mentioned. Though the last few arcs haven't been too engaging.

To be fair Kishi editors also made team Taka, which is easily the most balanced and fleshed out team next to team 7. So I have a feeling that most of the editors probably would make better writers than Kishi anyway.

On another hand, they created Sakura. So yeah.

360pages

Hahah

I like Toriko too! For the same reasons you mentioned. Though the last few arcs haven't been too engaging.

On another hand, they created Sakura. So yeah.

The idea of Sakura and Sasuke aren't bad, it's just they were written rather poorly in the grand scheme of things.

Youkai Watch 01

The new craze to take over Japan featuring super ordinary boy as he one day tries a gacha he found in the middle of nowhere and became partnered with a ghost butler and gains the youkai watch.

Well I been watching the anime and have been enjoying it for the most part so its nice to see the humor still in this adaptation. I don't remember the butler being this hyperactive though.

Sai

I suspected that if the occasional mention of scanslation groups wouldn't get the Naruto thread closed, the pairing talk would.

Sad.

Kyuur

Tokyo Ghoul Re: 7

So, it's all out in the open now.

So Haise must actually be Kaneki, not just a person who had his parts transplanted. Unless Kanou somehow got his hands on Kaneki's body after his defeat in the underground and did another transplant.. but that seems highly convoluted, considering his stats matching up to Kaneki's after a few years growth as pointed out by some people earlier. More likely he has been brainwashed, lost his memory or something to that effect.

As usual, Ishida is a master at depicting madness in his art. I'd like to see him do some Soul Eater fanart.

Mecha

HA HA

;_;

Have you tried Terra Formars? If you don't take issue with the monster designs I could see you enjoying "bizarre manly manga" feel.

Have you tried Terra Formars? If you don't take issue with the monster designs I could see you enjoying "bizarre manly manga" feel.

yeah I've tried to start reading it but I was overly busy and forgot about it

I'll likely catch up later on

I haven't even made my Tokyo Ghoul Part 1 review yet :p

Kyuur

What?

Toriko's Gourmet World so far is fantastic and fitting for all the hype.

If anything, it is One Piece's New World that doesn't live up to all the hypes it has during the old arc. For all the "grand adventure" what-have-you hype leveled on it pre time-skip, One Piece still feels like same old same old.

Forgot to respond to this a while ago, figured since we're talking about Toriko now is as good a time as any!

I feel like the presence of safe routes, hiding animals and what have you really undermines the idea that the Gourmet World was a whole new level of danger. There has been some cool environmental challenges and the kings are great, but it's really not a whole lot different from the human world where they easily travelled from dangerous place to dangerous place. The Kings are just what Starjun and the rest of the villains from earlier in the series were to their respective arcs. Special preparation for Air didn't really feel all that special compared to any other ingredient they handled previously.

One Piece sort of has the same problem with the new log pose, but they haven't really traveled that much in the New World to begin with. Not to mention One Piece's world building is still going strong, while Toriko has pretty much abandoned everything in favor of a straight rush to the finish (more likely due to Jump wanting to wrap up the series after a failed push with the anime, unfortunately).

It may get better again, who knows. But the beginning hasn't really captured me in the way that some of the Human World stuff did.

Revo

Trinity Seven 43

At least Arata got the most of his loss.

Fudatsuki no Kyoko-chan 2

I like the sudden changes she does combined with the normal attitude.

Revo

Trash. 1

Didn't seem like anything special. Maybe if the character interactions become funnier. Or maybe if it isn't stuck explaining everything. Who knows.

Waltz no Ojikan 04

Love rival appears? OR at least dance rival appears!

And of course she slims down. Makes sense if she was dancing through basically a shounen training session.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom