• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTS| Yeah I couldn't come up with a thread title ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.
mangaf, slight off topic, i need a ps vita but can find it nowhere for new ;_;

i wanna play persona so i can get on with any manga/anime it has.

Buy it on Amazon. Also if you end up playing Persona 3 play the Fes version on Ps3 or Ps4 (I think), because the portable one on Vita doesn't have the cutscenes. For first timers Fes is the way to go to get the full experience. The Persona 4 golden on the vita you can definitely play as it contains everything from the Ps2 version.

Also once your done playing Persona 3 you should watch the Movie series as the first one was great. The manga is also a nice read. For Persona 4 the anime is alright, though I haven't read the manga.

Started reading Shengoku Strays, Ryuuroden and Again!! last night.

Dropping Ryuuroden after a few chapters, can already tell that is going to be one of those extremely drawn out never ending "One day I will rescue you!" stories.

Again!! and Strays are pretty good so far.
Funny that Strays is actually interesting so far even with the exact premise being done a billion times already.

Guren Five 01

KtOb4eAl.jpg

Time for delinquents to save the world and fight alien mechas!

I like it. Seems pretty damn silly and definitely interesting to see something from Kodaka Kazutaka that isn't full of despair.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Keyman 32
:DTL moment happen out of nowhere.
And finally, the keyman mystery unveiled!

Jitsu Wa watashi wa 52

I want to rent a dragon too~

My Hero Academia 12

f6f94461a2.jpg

This arc looks to be pretty cool. I really like this series so far, I hope it retains good sales and good quality.

Soma 95

Oh look, the Polar Star guys got some screentime. I still don't know anyones name.
Wonder if Soma will actually lose
but of course he won't
. The match should be interesting at least.

Keyman 32

Is this series getting close to being over? Kind of feels like it.
I bet Necro will be the final boss anyway. We Kingdom Hearts now

Keijo!!!!!!!! 10

This is part of the test right?
You gotta slam your ass on the door until it breaks right?

Jitsu wa Watashi wa 52

How are spats not lewd?
Diplomacy has failed.

Valkyria Engine 10

New girl is his fiance.

New girl is already better than old girl.

New girl will probably still lose cause worse girls always win.
This series is decent but incredibly generic, are there any art, character, or story ideas here not copied out of other things?

One of the few things that's kept me reading is the constant implied nopan, and then chapter 9.5 has to go throw that into question... :(

Revo

Keijo 10

Oh boy more bath scenes. Now only if the bathroom turned into a keijo arena.

Detective Conan 911

Resolution next chapter!

Zweizer

Banned

Akito

What's a naruto?

Worlds
Unremarkable short story collection with bad art, the second story came the closest but I can't say I cared for any of them.

Zweizer

Banned
Kingdom ch411

I'm guessing Ryofui will make the first move.

Love Tyrant ch16

Shonen summed up in one chapter, made more enjoyable by the mere presence of Akane.

Zweizer

Banned
My Hero Academia ch13

Frog girl and N°13 are pretty neat.

And here comes trouble.

Bocchi na Bokura no Renai Jijou ch12

This is the end, right? It can't get any longer, right?

Their Story ch1 by Tanjiu

Pretty fun (yuri?) comedy about a girl and her high school life.

Mecha

My Hero Academia 13

This has a chance to be good so I hope he doesn't screw it up.
All might is probably going to die.

Zweizer

Banned
Oh, I thought the video was kinda self-explanatory, but I guess people might interpret it differently. The Blame! thing is actually meant as an anime cameo within the Sidonia anime.

Oh I see. Well, curse my lack of moonrunes skills.

I actually wanted a Blame! anime though (´;ω;`)

Zweizer

Banned
One Punch-Man ch56/39.2

That's one damn short chapter.

A rather bold claim from this guy.

Domino Kick ch26

As brilliant as the idea of passing oneself as a hipster during Halloween.

Akihabara Fall In Love 04

That was a lot of posing.

DistopiA ~Mikansei na Sekai~ 01-02

Mr. Perfect starts playing a virtual online dating sim and finds himself struggling to clear the rate of random male NPC. Kinda amusing.

Fuck Yes Fuck Yes Fuck Yes! Everybody Rejoice, since Whitefox are going for an anime original they decided to go all out. Whitefox the studio that's adapting Akame Ga Kill
killed Mein.

Based Whitefox I guess
being in a pinch couldn't save her.Thank you Budou you did something really amazing.

I would've been more saddened by the thread closing if I wasn't marathoning through the awesome adventures of Jojo

(((((((:)

Tooooooooo goooood

I've realized that I have a thing for retro like manly Action Manga and Anime series

dani_dc

Bocchi na Bokura no Renai Jijou 12

If they started having sexual intercourse in the train the entire series would be redeemed. But alas, that won't be hapening.

RIP Naruto thread. Death by shipping.

That's hilarious.
The thread is now deader than NaruSaku.

You know I feel that Persona 3 is the best game in the Persona series. Story wise it's better than Persona 4 and mechanically it may seem inferior but it handled it's difficulty a lot better. I mean Persona 4 was easy as as hell. So yeah that's how I personally feel.
The order I would put the games would be...
Persona 3> Persona 2> Persona 4> Persona 1

Though the Shin Megami Tensei games are in a different league and that has to do with the gameplay which I really love.

Not a big fan of P3, the pacing was predictable (in terms of gameplay and story), and the world itself was extremely repetitive. Regarding the story, it had a bigger scope than P4 but that was about it, every character acted 10 years older than they were, except Ken, he acted 20 years older than he was. I suppose that's more or less regular for anime-ish games, but considering the setting it really took me off the game.

+

You know I feel that Persona 3 is the best game in the Persona series. Story wise it's better than Persona 4 and mechanically it may seem inferior but it handled it's difficulty a lot better. I mean Persona 4 was easy as as hell. So yeah that's how I personally feel.
The order I would put the games would be...
Persona 3> Persona 2> Persona 4> Persona 1

Though the Shin Megami Tensei games are in a different league and that has to do with the gameplay which I really love.

Not a big fan of P3, the pacing was predictable (in terms of gameplay and story), and the world itself was extremely repetitive. Regarding the story, it had a bigger scope than P4 but that was about it, every character acted 10 years older than they were, except Ken, he acted 20 years older than he was. I suppose that's more or less regular for anime-ish games, but considering the setting it really took me off the game.

You don't miss much besides a playable character, although I do like said playable character more than the substitute they give you instead.

I didn't like Persona 3 much, outside of its battle system. I like the SMT games a lot better, granted the only ones I've played are the two Digital Saga games. I have Nocturne and Persona 4 on deck, though I seriously doubt I'll like Persona 4.

Missing a playable character still sort of burns, but I guess I'll live with that.

I wasn't a big fan of Persona 3, but I enjoyed P4, though if the battle system was the only thing you like in P3 the (current) franchise might just not be for you.

Do give Nocturne a go when you have the chance, it's easily among the best RPG's out there.

As for difficulty, I didn't find P4 any less difficult than P3 (well, the PS2 version anyway, Vita version made several things that made the game easier), the only difficulty I had with P3 was the dumb AI (which is still there in P4, you just have the option to ignore it).

Not that P4 was without issues, but every issue I had with P4 was present in P3 as well.

But I'll leave it at that for the moment.

You don't miss much besides a playable character, although I do like said playable character more than the substitute they give you instead.

I didn't like Persona 3 much, outside of its battle system. I like the SMT games a lot better, granted the only ones I've played are the two Digital Saga games. I have Nocturne and Persona 4 on deck, though I seriously doubt I'll like Persona 4.

Missing a playable character still sort of burns, but I guess I'll live with that.

I wasn't a big fan of Persona 3, but I enjoyed P4, though if the battle system was the only thing you like in P3 the (current) franchise might just not be for you.

Do give Nocturne a go when you have the chance, it's easily among the best RPG's out there.

As for difficulty, I didn't find P4 any less difficult than P3 (well, the PS2 version anyway, Vita version made several things that made the game easier), the only difficulty I had with P3 was the dumb AI (which is still there in P4, you just have the option to ignore it).

Not that P4 was without issues, but every issue I had with P4 was present in P3 as well.

I now have a dream to collect all the manly bizarre action mangas out there

I know Jojo is being published/translated

are all the Fist of the North Star volumes translated printed here in the West?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom