• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTS| Yeah I couldn't come up with a thread title ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Don't know if this ever posted before, since it's fairly old.

PV illustration for BuzzG song, Fairytale is made by HERO of Horimiya fame

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZygXqQcBVY

It's cool seeing manga artist colaborate with Nico2 douga artist

LOL. The editor of Kamisama no Iutoori Ni has been inserting little private messages at the end of the last couple of chapters in the magazine and it turned out to be an interesting read in the end

First

This is just the editor T-ya here talking about some private matters. It looks like the countdown begins for the time I get my first girlfriend. I'll be sure to report next week!

Second

This is the editor T-ya here! This is to the Female University student who I was playing with this week, are you watching! I wrote this here just as promised! Let's go out and eat some German Potatoes next week!

Final One

In regards this week about my editor T-ya, due to a private problem that has deeply wounded him mentally he was left unable to attend work and will be absent.

T-ya please respond (´・ω・`)
LOL, i always WTF with editor T-ya respone in the last page

upandaway

LOL. The editor of Kamisama no Iutoori Ni has been inserting little private messages at the end of the last couple of chapters in the magazine and it turned out to be an interesting read in the end

First

This is just the editor T-ya here talking about some private matters. It looks like the countdown begins for the time I get my first girlfriend. I'll be sure to report next week!

Second

This is the editor T-ya here! This is to the Female University student who I was playing with this week, are you watching! I wrote this here just as promised! Let's go out and eat some German Potatoes next week!

Final One

In regards this week about my editor T-ya, due to a private problem that has deeply wounded him mentally he was left unable to attend work and will be absent.

Oh no!

dani_dc

First

Second

Final One

That's so sad, in all sorts of manners.

First

Second

Final One

That was definitely a twist.

Don't know if this ever posted before, since it's fairly old.

PV illustration for BuzzG song, Fairytale is made by HERO of Horimiya fame

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZygXqQcBVY

It's cool seeing manga artist colaborate with Nico2 douga artist

Horimiya's going to get dark.

Revo

Touch v14

Being Kazuya=victory, good on you for figuring that out Tatsuya. Also lol at that quick reputation turnaround.

Yoshida leaving is 100% dumb but i dislike him so it's okay. And god damn Yuuka going for those sniffs.

dani_dc

Boku wa Mari no Naka 39

Well, if Yori was pissed before, this ain't going to help.
Surely Mari knew where this was going from the start.

If there's a series I wish we got more off it would be this one, each chapter feels so light.

Soma 97

bow.gif
ALICE MOM
bow.gif

Akito

Jitsuroku - Adachi Mitsuru Monogatari 1
Oh shit, I never thought the day would come where this will get translated but here we are. It's a sort of biographical manga by Tsutomu Adachi, Mitsuru's older brother about their relationship, how they both become manga artists and how they influenced each other. For those of you who have read or are reading Touch, you might be able to see some parallels to the Tatsuya-Kazuya dynamics.

Meguro

Banned
Hey MangaGAF, this is my first post on GAF and what better place than discussion on manga to start off with. So yeah, Hi!

Also, since I feel like I have to, here is my Nisekoi Girl ranking:

Marika>Tsugumi>Haru>Yui>Onodera>Chitoge

Akito

Hey MangaGAF, this is my first post on GAF and what better place than discussion on manga to start off with. So yeah, Hi!

Awful, just awful.
Welcome, I see you know how things operate here already.

jesus christ your opinion is already shit im impressed
Welcome. We all play nice sometimes.

Zweizer

Banned
Would love to get him to zero.

Pretty much have to win Emperor x 6 & Slave x 6 .

Odds: (0.2^6)*(0.8^6) = 0.00001677721.

Lol, 0.016%

I like these odds!
For Kaiji to go against.

Welcome!
Prepare your Top 5, because panda might ask for it.

Meguro

Banned
Thank you all for the warm (?) welcome. And yeah, I have certified shit taste when it comes to pretty much everything.

I don´t have a top 5 since I´ve only been reading manga for like a half a year now and I´ve read almost no finished series. Just been keeping up with recent releases. So if you all wanna recommend me some classics, go ahead!

Chitoge is shit

Zweizer

Banned
Thank you all for the warm (?) welcome. And yeah, I have certified shit taste when it comes to pretty much everything.

I don´t have a top 5 since I´ve only been reading manga for like a half a year now and I´ve read almost no finished series. Just been keeping up with recent releases. So if you all wanna recommend me some classics, go ahead!

Chitoge is shit

Well for recommendations there are a selection of series on the OP, as well as a bunch of reviews/recommendations/impressions a little bit below. Do you have any particular preferences or dislikes?

Foolworm

Fuuka

The bit where Sara says her new band's lead singer is so-so smacks of foreshadowing.

Ran to Haiiro no Sekai

Considering Jin ran away from home for a year on his own... yeah, he's in no position to say anything to Ran.

Centaur no Nayami

The cute. I can't stand it.

Shengar

Chitoge is shit

Go read Kingdom

Meguro

Banned
You have a zetsubou sensei avatar, ergo your taste can't be shit.

AnimeGAF would probably tell me otherwise.(
I liked Zankyou no Terror
)

As for likes and dislikes, I don´t have any preferences really. About the only two things I can´t handle are Horror and NTR. Looking at the list, Tetsuwan Girl and Omoide Emanon look interesting and since someone recommended Kingdom aswell I´ll put those 3 on the list for now. Thanks!

You have great taste buddy, because we all know that Marika is the best girl and that Chitoge is a terrible character.

Usobuko

Banned
Sora no Shita Yane no Naka ( END )

I don't know what to say about this. It's a 4-koma work and has a story of job hunting for a girl who turn NEET after high school. The cautiously optimistic atmosphere within the theme was pleasant and makes it difficult to dislike the manga. However, there was nothing really insightful and the humour are mostly a miss for me.

I guess I would sum it up as I don't like it but I certainly don't hate it either.

Should I ever finish Buyuden or just act like it never existed like I do for half of Gantz? (At chapter 90ish out of 134)

It's mediocre and ends abruptly.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan

Welcome :D
You put Marika on top, Tsugumi 2nd...
I'mokaywiththat.jpg

Jarnet87

I'm reading Berserk for the first time. Currently at the beginning of the Golden Age Arc. I saw the Anime so it's taking me a bit to go through this arc again, but I wan't to see the differences in the Manga instead of totally skipping it.

Usobuko

Banned

You're only part of MangaGAF if you read something more deprave and unabashedly crazy than what anime would offer.

dani_dc

I can't forgive you or putting Tsugumi over Haru.

Also, you'll quick suggestions, Prison School is a must read, just be warned that it's very lewd.
Berserk is a must read too, just be warned that it releases 2-6 chapters a year.

Lots of other stuff worth mentioning, but I'm sure others will fill you in with more suggestions.

You're only part of MangaGAF if you read something more deprave and unabashedly crazy than what anime would offer.

This is the law of this place anyway. I've been introduced to some things I did not know existed thanks to this thread. Which is saying something considering I frequent the "awesome" fanart thread.

AnimeGAF would probably tell me otherwise.(
I liked Zankyou no Terror
)

As for likes and dislikes, I don´t have any preferences really. About the only two things I can´t handle are Horror and NTR. Looking at the list, Tetsuwan Girl and Omoide Emanon look interesting and since someone recommended Kingdom aswell I´ll put those 3 on the list for now. Thanks!

As for recommendations try Tokyo Ghoul a Seinen that's psychological and contains lots of symbolism.

Try The Breaker and the sequel The Breaker:New Waves, it's a really good martial arts manga.

Lastly try Barakamon it's a really great Slice of Life and it's also really funny.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Sora no Shita Yane no Naka ( END )

I don't know what to say about this. It's a 4-koma work and has a story of job hunting for a girl who turn NEET after high school. The cautiously optimistic atmosphere within the theme was pleasant and makes it difficult to dislike the manga. However, there was nothing really insightful and the humour are mostly a miss for me.

I dunno, being in roughly the same situation made it really interesting for me.

Which is why I also identify a lot with solanin.

Zweizer

Banned

Usobuko is just trying to rope you into reading Boys on the Run. Beware.

Read something by Dowman Sayman instead, like Nickelodeon.

Or read Hinamatsuri and Yotsuba&! as they're sure to brighten up your day any day every day.

Thats a pretty terrible list. Onodera should be first for only she can make Ichijo express the best faces.

I see your tastes are up to standard so welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom