• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTS| Yeah I couldn't come up with a thread title ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.
What ever happened to that "more mature" pokemon manga? I think it was announced in like 2011 or 2012 but I dont recall a release? Was it canned or something? I was looking forward to it

Akito

Ran and the Grey World
Super adorable chapter, Ran will be saying goodbye to Hibi next chapter and hopefully we will get a few epilogue chapters after the timeskip, that would honestly be the perfect length for this series.

Yea I know about adventures, I read it from time to time. That 2nd one was the one I was talking about, I remember that being the main character they showed it was announced. Sucks that it didnt work out. Ill give it a read during the weekend tho and make my own opinion

If only it had been finished...instead of skipping to the last three chapters. reburst was fun.

Assassination Classroom v1
B347ePJCMAAvTOr.jpg:large

Bought it today and read it upon arrival. Great take on the manga, I love the extras like the character profiles and random drawings too. Will definitely be collecting every volume, kind of love this manga series now, and I forgot how great the first chapters started. Terasaka and Karma kun in only the 2nd or so chapter, and then Karma kun being all heroic at times but punished. What a terrible school.

Part of me thought they would change korosensei name but they kept it, didnt ever know it was a pun, unless I skipped over that a long time ago.

Zweizer

Banned
The Black Knight Story by Kobayashi Motofumi

World War 2, a fascinating period of history, and I dare say not really mankind's proudest moment. This work tells the tale of a company of German soldiers (specifically, the ones manning tanks) at the Eastern Front during the Soviet counter-offensive campaign, and depicts the war with a mix of glorification and grim realism. The author put a lot of effort in historical and technical details, although the company itself seems to be fictitious.

Overall, it's a decently gripping story about a defeated army' struggles during these forlorn times, but I must admit the demonization of the Russians, in particular for that "alternate history" bit in the last chapter, felt rather unnecessary, though it's somewhat understandable when one consider that this had been published while the Cold War was still in effect.

bigkrev

We are sharing what we got in our Amazon boxes today?

Assassination Classroom vol 1

First thing first- the presence of gendered pronouns kills the "Nagisa is a girl" thing like 5 pages into the first chapter :(

I went back and looked at some of the original releases to compare how the translations happened. There are some tiny changes that don't really amount to anything ("He built Osaka Castle and prepared a tea ceremony" changes to "He built a sand castle and is drinking Green Tea"), some that are a bit head scratching (Kuro Sensei weakness 3: He's Petty changed to "Sore Loser", which doesn't make as much sense in the context), and basically anything that required a translator's note in the original was changed or presented without comment.

For the most part, it's basically the same as the original, and i'm happy the translators didn't go crazy adding jokes (The only new joke I noticed was a Dragon Quest Metal Slime joke in ch7 when Kuro Sensei is in his ooze form). They also did a great job preserving the cover of the original release- I can't wait to get the future volumes on my shelf next to this

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
E-Card stimulator

Kinda boring if you don't play against a real human being though.

You: 12 | Enemy: 4

was my first try.
8-8 whoops

Ao no Exorcist 60-63
You know, I appreciate the character development in this... but I'm not really a fan of the cast as much as I think I should be? I'm not sure why. Maybe it's because it's updated monthly, but for whatever reason, I don't really care about them that much.

The action sequences are not really good either. I can barely follow them.

kasane

8-8 whoops

Ao no Exorcist 60-63
You know, I appreciate the character development in this... but I'm not really a fan of the cast as much as I think I should be? I'm not sure why. Maybe it's because it's updated monthly, but for whatever reason, I don't really care about them that much.

The action sequences are not really good either. I can barely follow them.

yeah this things popularity fell harder than anything else after the anime

monthly really hurt it. I also lost interest. Thought the anime was great

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
yeah this things popularity fell harder than anything else after the anime

monthly really hurt it. I also lost interest. Thought the anime was great
What did the anime cover? Did it do the arc where everyone finds out Rin's the son of Satan? That one was my favorite, it really fleshed out the side characters.

I feel like the manga being somewhat aimless at times also hurts it. That's pretty excusable in weekly series, because it needs some room to wiggle around if it's supposed to come up with so much material consistently, but in a monthly series, you really need strong progression of the narrative so that people don't forget why things are important. At least that's what I think anyway.

kasane

What did the anime cover? Did it do the arc where everyone finds out Rin's the son of Satan? That one was my favorite, it really fleshed out the side characters.

I feel like the manga being somewhat aimless at times also hurts it. That's pretty excusable in weekly series, because it needs some room to wiggle around if it's supposed to come up with so much material consistently, but in a monthly series, you really need strong progression of the narrative so that people don't forget why things are important. At least that's what I think anyway.

rin is megane no?

i dont remember but i think it was somewhat covered

The anime had an original ending and I believe that they diverge right at the part where everyone finds out about Rin including changing their reactions. I think that's what I remember reading when the anime was airing.

Not that it matters, the movie blows the anime out of the water and is something everyone should watch.

Revo

Yamada and the Seven Witches 137

Oh boy time to increase her relevancy.

UQ Holder 60

Looks like we might have another crew member!

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
rin is megane no?

i dont remember but i think it was somewhat covered
Rin is the main character, glasses dude's brother.

The anime had an original ending and I believe that they diverge right at the part where everyone finds out about Rin including changing their reactions. I think that's what I remember reading when the anime was airing.

Not that it matters, the movie blows the anime out of the water and is something everyone should watch.
Damn, that sucks. It was refreshing to see everyone hate him, but eventually getting over that. Is the movie original too, or is it a faithful adaption of sorts?

Damn, that sucks. It was refreshing to see everyone hate him, but eventually getting over that. Is the movie original too, or is it a faithful adaption of sorts?

I think everyone hates him still but it was done differently, maybe. Not having read the manga and watching the anime years ago hazes my memory.

The movie is original but it is a really well done story. Probably my favorite anime movie of last year.

zeromcd73

LOL. The editor of Kamisama no Iutoori Ni has been inserting little private messages at the end of the last couple of chapters in the magazine and it turned out to be an interesting read in the end

First
This is just the editor T-ya here talking about some private matters. It looks like the countdown begins for the time I get my first girlfriend. I'll be sure to report next week!

Second
This is the editor T-ya here! This is to the Female University student who I was playing with this week, are you watching! I wrote this here just as promised! Let's go out and eat some German Potatoes next week!

Final One
In regards this week about my editor T-ya, due to a private problem that has deeply wounded him mentally he was left unable to attend work and will be absent.

T-ya please respond (´・ω・`)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom