• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTS| Yeah I couldn't come up with a thread title ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revo

Jitsu wa Watashi wa 54

What the hell? That was terrible. None of it felt good and now it feels like the author had to put them in this situation quickly because outside forces were mad.

VRMN

So we're probably going to get a chapter with each girl now, aren't we? I could live with this if it wasn't obvious Haru's excluded from 'each girl.' I get that plot logistics keep her away from the rest of the cast, but it's still a bummer.

Oh well. Kosaki got her chance and did nothing as expected. Time for Chitoge to do more than Kosaki but still advance their relationship zero percent.

20141213202631hpe0m.jpg

anime

I actually want Kinema Citrus to adapt this because they did a splendid job on Barakamon.

Jitsu wa Watashi wa 54

Expected given the snow setting and also hooray for some actual progress on Shiragami's part (even though her doubting is annoying since its now gonna be both sides swinging and missing)

Lain

Holy Knight

I'm not here to talk about spoilers... I'm here to talk about Rape.

This has got to be one of the most disgusting Manga's I've ever read. I'm not even sure where the writer's head is. The care the person who wrote this shit handles rape with is literally on the level of "LOL Rape... fap fap fap...". I'm not even joking! Not a dark comedy and certainly no intent of handling the subject with any level of maturity. It's not even trying to hide in the decrepit corners of hentai as some rape-power fantasy. It's literally just rap as a non sequitur. I HONESTLY DON'T KNOW WHERE THE MIND OF THE WRITER IS in all of what I read. I'm just left with a feeling of disgust. I don't even know what the rest of the story is anymore.

I read Maya Miyazaki's manga mostly for the art style than for the story. That's because she's not the greatest writer. She's not the worst either, but it feels like she pushes in certain directions more to elicit a certain reaction in the reader than because it fits the story she wants to tell.
That said, if Holy Knight makes you this pissed off, I can't imagine what /blush-DC, by the same author, would do to you.

Sora no Shita Yane no Naka 1-26 (END)

Don't usually warm to manga about real life issues like work, and this was no exception. There was nothing fundamentally wrong with the material, it just wasn't enjoyable for me to read. The characters didn't feel like much beyond vehicles for the themes which doubtlessly didn't help, though I know I shouldn't expect much from a 4koma anyway.

Worlds 1-5 (END)

The author had some interesting premises and settings here, but the execution was pretty sloppy throughout, with most of the stories suffering from pacing issues or being difficult to follow.

Sakura no Kimi (one-shot)

A love that nearly bloomed. A story that nearly sent me to sleep.

Gintama 522
Come on, let Zura and Sakamoto be on those ships. This can´t end without them getting here.

I am hoping it is Sakamoto`s ships... if he comes along with Zura then it is over

the series is officially ending

sadly I wanted them to explore space and have a even more extended space arc like that space pirate rebellion arc but oh well good things come to an end

Also lol at Oboro losing a eye

I read Maya Miyazaki's manga mostly for the art style than for the story. That's because she's not the greatest writer. She's not the worst either, but it feels like she pushes in certain directions more to elicit a certain reaction in the reader than because it fits the story she wants to tell.
That said, if Holy Knight makes you this pissed off, I can't imagine what /blush-DC, by the same author, would do to you.

i checked out this because of all the hubub and indeed this author is a garbage writer.

there is no buildup, some sense of story order, decent characterization (it somewhat improved as we see glimpses of her past and the possible reason for what she's doing but still) but instead its just an attempt to use fancy made up words, a bunch shit thrown at the wall in an attempt to offend, shitty characters that apparently go full measures at all times, bunch of tired tropes, boring story etc.

Hell i'm actually more offended by the fucking translation (blush/dc seems to be a bigger culprit) rather than the work itself tbh.

hmm seems i might need to catch up on Kingdom again

iirc i stopped during the battle where that stuck up asshole "rival" of Shin formulated a plan of attack or something

jman2050

NIsekoi 151

Kosaki and Raku was a whole lot of nothing as per usual but despite that this chapter was pretty enjoyable.

At least next week it's Chitoge's turn.

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(

I read some of Blush DC a while back and it was not good. I'm surprised and totally not surprised at the same time that this was the same writer. I need to explicitly start avoiding her work.

Big One

Banned
My Hero Academia 22

Wow! That's a lot of load. I was expecting this to be a normal arc similar to the olympic arcs in Kinnikuman, but with that on Deku's shoulders I'm finding it more and more difficult to see where exactly the manga is going to. Deku is easily the biggest underdog in Shonen Jump alumni at the moment.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Boku Girl 31-34
"Kissing make you pregnant"
Someone failed their sex education/ biology class ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
little sister still the best though.
And lingerie boy return.

Re:zero 3

Groundhog day start now.

dani_dc

Nisekoi 151

The good thing is that we left the worst girl behind, now to focus on the superior girls.
Chitoge going to do a night visit on Raku, we all knows what that means
nothing it means nothing.

Nisekoi 151

The good thing is that we left the worst girl behind, now to focus on the superior girls.
Chitoge going to do a night visit on Raku, we all knows what that means
nothing it means nothing.
thats why the manga stays 10/10 winning
Boku Girl 31-34
"Kissing make you pregnant"
Someone failed their sex education/ biology class ¯_(ツ)_/¯
little sister still the best though.
And lingerie boy return.

Eh. All I did was stare at my teacher's bum in that class... >.>

Zweizer

Banned
Scientia by Toda Seiji

Science, one of the key pillars for mankind's achievements in innovation and knowledge, and to this day still a rather controversial subject in the realm of fiction, as it is often portrayed as a source of destruction and strife, a dangerous tool that one should always be wary of, and conversely also as a sign of the limits that mankind can hope to achieve. Scientia is not one of these works.

A collection of short stories that take place in what can be assumed to be the near future and occur in the proximity of the prominent statue of the goddess of science, Scientia promotes the benefits of a medicinally-oriented use of futuristic technologies, breaking away from the generally flashy and destructive depiction of such themes, and at its core is a greatly optimistic work, all without resorting to a comedic tone and despite not being devoid of melodrama itself, which makes it a breath of fresh air from the usually glum and tragic series that tackles themes such as depression and loss of loved ones.

However, it suffers greatly from a lack of variation of faces, and to a lesser extent, expressions, and the art can prove itself to be rather dull at times. While it possesses a very positive outlook at both mankind and science, it can appear to be too upbeat at times with its resolutions, which might be off-putting to some. Some of the stories also feel rather undeveloped, but overall most of them all have a satisfactory conclusion.

Ultimately, it's a nice collection of pretty inspirational stories centered about the wonders of science, but also of one's life.

Boku no Hero Academia 22

Ice/Fire guy
knows whats up with Deku and All Might
... I always assumed that him or the explosive due may turn evil due to their talent

I find it amusing that the last chapter made it seem like things where going to tone down with the announcment of a sport festival arc, only to find out later in this chapter that their school's festival is considered to be the largest event in Japan (even bigger then the olympics)

lol Go BIG or Go Home

This is turning into a passing down ceremony/redemption arc for the main protag

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Nisekoi

Can we trade Fuuka for Onodera?

I literally can't think of a more boring character in any kind of manga. Holy shit she is terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom