• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTS| Yeah I couldn't come up with a thread title ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Umaru 83

d'awwww Umaru being friends with Sylphin without her disguise.

Revo

Witch Hunt 12

The things that are happening are things that should happen based on previous events. But none of it makes me care, so *shrug*.

Keijo! 14

that test and that angle lol.

and man did Nozomi unknowingly awake the sleeping dragon? :eek:

lets see if she's gonna pull the win off because i now want to know what happened since its apparently a serious sticking point.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Himouto! Umaru-chan 83

This was all I've ever wanted from this series, so I'm very satisfied. I would've expected this from the last chapter though, maybe.

Lain

Flat volume 1
oFjb.jpg

This was pretty relaxing to read, and also damn sweet.
Heisuke is a bit of a dumbass. He's more absent minded than uncaring I'd say but it's nice seeing his friends hounding him to try to pay more attention to other people and their feelings.
Aki is the cutest. What makes him so cute for me, apart from the way he's drawn, is the contradictory way in which a kid like him shows such an understanding side toward adults and how he tries to not impose/make himself useful. Seeing him open up to Heisuke, change little by little and at the same time his change affecting Heisuke and making him change is really heartwarming.
Hase is a weird girl, but I wouldn't mind seeing her end up with Heisuke, though she's already been dumped by him.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Witch Hunt 10-12

So MC gets saved by another witch, and I guess feMC was reincarnated somehow? If they didn't recognize her, but they knew her from before with another name, but she's been growing normally since she was a child?

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
It's probably the Light Novel since it has over 100 chapters.

Woah sweet!

The original web novel has more than 600 chapters. This doesn't necessarily mean there'll be this many chapters in the manga version however.

Eh I'm completely fine with that, as long as the manga does the LN justice, I'll keep on throwing money on the screen. Does anyone here know any big shots that could get this manga sold and translated in English?

Life Alive! The Student Council Elections I Started with You 02

Well this protagonist is definitely more likable and less passive than Haganai's so that's a plus.

Even if the school uniform for the girls is still the stupidest looking thing.

Zweizer

Banned
Alexandros - Dream for World Conquest by Yasuhiko Yoshikazu

Conquering the world. A lofty goal dreamed by many a regent. However, how many of them can claim to have achieved as much as Alexander the Great? This is the story of a man overflowing with ambition, a man whose conquests shaped the world, a man some believed to be the manifestation a god.

But what was fueling this man's ambition? For what purpose did he undertake such a military campaign? What caused his downfall, and along with it, his empire's?

Alexandros is a rather historically accurate, if condensed, depiction of the events surrounding Alexander the Great's life, and although it doesn't go much in-depth concerning either tactics or politics, it manages to tell a gripping story with simple yet sublime art. However, due to its format, it can get rather cluttered at times and the storytelling can become chaotic, with events succeeding one after another accompanied with little more than a footnote. The ancient Greek vocabulary can be confusing as well.

Alexandros is above all else the tale of a man, of his conquests, of his ambition, of his pride, of his doubts, of his dreams.

(Do the characters look familiar? Yasuhiko Yoshikazu is the designer of Mobile Suit Gundam.)

Dungeon ni Deai o Motomeru no wa Machigatte Iru Darou ka 4koma - Days of Goddess 07

Everyone still has their eye on Bell. Or a part of him.

Kingdom 413

There is no worse situation then one that is progressing too well. And that is one extreme checkmate right there. Might as well throw out the entire board.
Sei communing with his dead ancestors is how you can tell he's a badass, even dead people want in on him

My Hero Academia 19

Even if All Might doesn't die here, he'll definitely end up revealing his weakness at this rate.

Keijo!!!!!!!! 14

Captain Falcon would be proud.

Jitsu wa Watashi wa 54

Lost in a snowstorm?
BETTER CUDDLE UP FOR WARMTH HAHAHA
not gonna happen

Gintoki, Kagura, Shinpachi, Hijikata, and Kondou all teaming up against the Yato.

Kondou showing why he's the boss and killing two of them in one shot.

Gintoki and Hijikata back to back with the Shogun providing cover fire with Kunai's.

Ninja Maid trolling the hell out of the enemies with cool ninja tactics.

Yato body count just keeps increasing pass the double digits.

Kondou and Hijikata defending the bridge and giving the Yorozuya their first and last job from them.

Have this playing during both chapters.

This is it.

This is the one.

I need this animated.

Badly.

Life Alive! The Student Council Elections I Started with You 02

Well this protagonist is definitely more likable and less passive than Haganai's so that's a plus.

Even if the school uniform for the girls is still the stupidest looking thing.

I think their school uniforms look neat.

Yakitate!! Japan 1-21

Making bread is serious business.

Reactions to dishes are great. Also the cast of characters are very likeable. Some absurd moments as well like
MC makes a bread so good that kills his grandpa
lol

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Sacred Blacksmith got turned into anime years ago right? I prefer the manga much more and its actually one of the better mangas I've read.

Revo

Yakitate!! Japan Vol 1-2

My pinned tabs are increasing again. First Hinamatsuri now this ;_;

Anyways, reactions are pretty great. Horse so good. I'm glad he has the creativity to go along with his solar hands, I would be sad if he was just propelled through with just that making his bread better in the early game.

Characters are pretty good and they set up future character intrigue as well. Already going into a tournament thing though :(. Hopefully won't last too long/won't feel too long (like Soma's).

Revo

Yakitate!! Japan 26

Kuroyanagi is the best+10000000

Yakitate!! Japan 30

Kuroyanagi is the best+1000000000000000000000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom