• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTS| Yeah I couldn't come up with a thread title ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ore ga Ojou-sama Gakkou ni "Shomin Sample" Toshite Rachirareta Ken 23

I gotta say it's been a while since we had a tease the rich ladies (mostly Aika) chapter, lol

Happy Halloween everyone. It's gone midnight here, so time for tradition:

Best Manga of 2014

Only includes stuff I began reading this year, or picked up again from scratch.

ibaYz1gprSPzIO.jpg

Left to right, no order:

Series
Tasogare Otome x Amnesia / Silva / Black Museum Springald / Ms. Mayple's Afternoon Tea Time
Nozo x Kimi - 2-nensei Hen / Kagen no Tsuki / Date A Live / Mazinger Otome + Taisen

One-shots / Shorts
The Little Match Girl / Hoshi no Ponko to Toufuya Reiko

Most Anticipated (stuff that got backlogged)
Revenge Classroom / There Is an Angel Buried Behind the School Building

Best Series - Tasogare Otome x Amnesia
Best Oneshot - The Little Match Girl
Worst Series - Jukai Shounen Zoo 1

Best Waifu - Ayana (Revenge Classroom)
Best Husbando - I got nuthin
Best MC - Rin (The Little Match Girl)
Worst Character - Subaru (Mayo Chiki)

My list of stuff to check out now has about 2300 entries on it, and I want to hurt kittens every time I open it.

Quixzlizx

Monster Musume 29

I think I've stared too long at the sun.

A Huge Battleship, how could you have read Tasogare and not chosen Yuuko as best waifu?

Usobuko

Banned

Best Manga of 2014

My list of stuff to check out now has about 2300 entries on it, and I want to hurt kittens every time I open it.

You have a distinct taste that I can't put into words compared to most of the people here. I guess I would say they are easier to figure out. This was an informative list for me even though I think our taste don't overlap much. But what it does, it's probably very good to both of us.

My plan to read list is over 200, I dread to even look at them.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
wonzo with the godlike recs like ojojojo

Happy new year doods

gg to a good year kasane

Best Manga of 2014

Left to right, no order:

Series
Tasogare Otome x Amnesia / Silva / Black Museum Springald / Ms. Mayple's Afternoon Tea Time
Nozo x Kimi - 2-nensei Hen / Kagen no Tsuki / Date A Live / Mazinger Otome + Taisen

One-shots / Shorts
The Little Match Girl / Hoshi no Ponko to Toufuya Reiko

Most Anticipated (stuff that got backlogged)
Revenge Classroom / There Is an Angel Buried Behind the School Building

Best Series - Tasogare Otome x Amnesia
Best Oneshot - The Little Match Girl
Worst Series - Jukai Shounen Zoo 1

Best Waifu - Ayana (Revenge Classroom)
Best Husbando - I got nuthin
Best MC - Rin (The Little Match Girl)
Worst Character - Subaru (Mayo Chiki)

Will definitely read a couple of these!

dani_dc

Joining the rank of those that say Happy New Year!

Ojojojo 28

Those wall of text were hard to read. At least the drama is over and we're back into cute territory.

Self 7

It happened, he finally managed to do it
with himself
!

I feel this is the extent of our interactions now a days :(

Best Manga of 2014
Thanks for Sharing, going to check those out, your suggestions tend to be very interesting.

Everyday Monster Waifus 29
Leaving aside Manako's overwhelming superiority, by the time you get to ridiculous Centorea-sized breasts they lose most of their appeal anyway. Also it's too soon to be talking about marriage - the MC needs more time for cyclops route progress.

A Huge Battleship, how could you have read Tasogare and not chosen Yuuko as best waifu?
The sponsors wouldn't allow it. I wanted to give her an award for something, but 'Best Ghost' felt pretty arbitrary.

You have a distinct taste that I can't put into words compared to most of the people here. I guess I would say they are easier to figure out. This was an informative list for me even though I think our taste don't overlap much. But what it does, it's probably very good to both of us.

My plan to read list is over 200, I dread to even look at them.
It took me a while to pin down what my tastes were, and even now I still get surprised by some things I enjoy. I'm usually cautious about recommending stuff because I know my preferences can sometimes be a bit... unorthodox.

A significant portion of that list is only things I'm keeping an eye on for now, since I tend not to start series until they're complete (or well progressed). I really need to improve my initial filtering process though.

Shokugeki no Soma 100

I just realized that when they gave Soma the last spot to show the meal, the author basically sealed his win, as if wasn't evident enough.

At this point is so obvious that I think it might be a trap lol.

somedevil

Shokugeki no Soma 100

A rapier is fine too.

Though for the 100th chapter, this was kinda uneventful, lol

Well the author is a bit off because the big chapter is

Soma 101

Basically he shows his meal but
its good but not as good as the other two but the chapter ends with him about to drop the second part of his meal to blow all the judges away

Attack on Titan: Birth of Levi 1 - End

It was alright. Levi is sadly only one type of expression so that made him kind of boring. However some of the other characters, his friends and squad leader were great. Though once again in the Shingeki verse folks I like die.
B6O39cQCIAI2b7N.png

Eren and Jean better not though, Connie too.

Revo

Can't wait for the untimely cancellations of more series!
2015 will be a year to outdo all other years.

Or Happy New Years if you like to be optimistic.

Happy New Year Everyone!

I hope this is the year that D-Gray Man and Hunter x Hunter come back from hiatus.

I can be hopeful can't I. I mean a new season of Gintama was announced so why can't these 2 series come back.

I'm really too optimistic aren't I. RIP me :(

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya-chan Vol.08

Hey new characters from the main series that were never in the anime! But cool to see it's adapting new material I don't know about yet. And how nice of them to introduce all the new characters for me too!

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Happy New Year Everyone!

I hope this is the year that D-Gray Man and Hunter x Hunter come back from hiatus.

I can be hopeful can't I. I mean a new season of Gintama was announced so why can't these 2 series come back.

D-Gray Man won't come back, last I heard, which was a couple years back, the author was dealing with some very serious health issues. Hunter X Hunter gonna Hunter X Hunter and come back whenever it feels like it. Also, I'd be pretty surprised to see the real faces of all the posters here... Real Picture January got me thinking that.

D-Gray Man won't come back, last I heard, which was a couple years back, the author was dealing with some very serious health issues. Hunter X Hunter gonna Hunter X Hunter and come back whenever it feels like it. Also, I'd be pretty surprised to see the real faces of all the posters here... Real Picture January got me thinking that.

Well Hoshino the author of D-Gray Man wrote this on her Instagram.

Thank you a lot of comments. D.Gray-man sequel is in writing. But, it is when to posted is that decide the people who support me, you can not announcement from me. The Instagram is the venue of my personal private. Please pardon.

This may not be 100 percent confirmation or is it officially confirmed, but it did bring hope to this fragile heart of mine. Though I know I should keep my expectations in check.

Now as for Hunter x Hunter I just hope it doesn't stay in haitus for too long.

Seriously fuckin Dragon Quest.

wonzo

Banned
Korokoro Soushi

Another BASED KAGO work in two volumes. The first involving a sadistic princess who builds up her own hell and the second involving a bunch of bizarre stories that are somewhat intertwined by the end. Kinda bummed out the princess didn't appear at all in the second one. Maybe she popped up in another Kago work that'll never be translated…

upandaway

Reality is just something they made up on the internet to fool us, the avatars right now are the actual true faces

Alright folks. I'm finally gettin' back into the swing of things. After what felt like years of procrastination I'm finally reading Terra Formars. Good shit so far. Really fuckin diggin the art style. Can anyone vouch for this series? Still guna read it regardless but it'd be nice to have some feedback.

Happy New Year Everyone!

I think since Hoshino's gone digital, it'll put less strain on her hands...I don't know. I can always imagine the ending to DGM and make a comic out of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom