• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTS| Yeah I couldn't come up with a thread title ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.
and then
reviving her in the end only to find out mc has a new love and then kill her off again

lmao

I kinda wish i could be bothered with going back to check if
the giant aliens arriving on earth and eating people raw
happened just a bit before Attack on Titan started getting serialized. Thatd be hilarious.

wonzo

Banned
Gunka no Balzer 26.5
gunkanobalzer26.5.jpg
THE BEST SPORTS MANGA EVER

Murcielago 12

Well shit, this explains so much.

Damn you made me thing there was a new Teppu chapter ;_;
;-;

G-Maru Edition: Not so heavy on the ecchi as much as it is the main character's frustration at G-Maru with attempting to enforce the future he wants. Funny and absurd for what it was.
Sneewittchen - Geschichten nach Grimm: Some of the tales used I recognized beforehand, though some of the interpretations were quite out there and different than the originals. Also it seems like a common thing for Grimm Fairy Tales to end with "then everyone was dead." Something about the suddenness of that line always makes me chuckle despite the morbidity of it all.
Ano Ko no Ie: Such a bizarre read, and it left me especially curious just where the hell the mother went.
Azumanga Daioh - Hoshuuhen: Watched the anime years ago, never read any of the manga for whatever reason. This was absolutely a delight and what I expected.
Koganeiro: The subject of not knowing what to do with your life after high school is a weird concept for me to read considering I've never had that issue growing up. Super short, but it was still pretty well done.

Whew, got this whole week of short reads out of the way all in a day. Video games continue to be a distraction for me from reading. Can't help it that Ninja Gaiden's fun as hell.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Anyone know if the danganronpa mangas are any good?

Finished up DR2 and man I'm on a danganronpa fever right now.

Lame. Terrible art, pacing, etc etc. I'd advise against it.

Anyways,

TERRAFORMARS

Reading this in a marathon............. damn, what a series. A nice crash course on Biology too, hahaha.

So many pretty ladies getting decapitated, pierced, sliced into half, blown off.... damn.

upandaway

Dating a Team Magma Grunt ch5

Dang gosh adorable. I can only hope the author keeps this pace.

Playing the real game will be super weird now haha, after seeing them talk in postgame-speech about rebirth and all that.

Anyone know if the danganronpa mangas are any good?

Finished up DR2 and man I'm on a danganronpa fever right now.

The DR1 adaptation gives a good take for the murderers (reasoning, making them more human especially the first case) but it's stalled in translations in the 3rd case for like forever.

The only DR2 one I read so far is the Nagito spin-off. And boy does the artist have no idea of how human bodies work, lol

Can't find my impression post though

Here it is

Lame. Terrible art, pacing, etc etc. I'd advise against it.

Anyways,

TERRAFORMARS

Reading this in a marathon............. damn, what a series. A nice crash course on Biology too, hahaha.

So many pretty ladies getting decapitated, pierced, sliced into half, blown off.... damn.

Finally, a sane person. I agree. Enjoyin the hell outta Terra.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Finally, a sane person. I agree. Enjoyin the hell outta Terra.

Yep, it's an enjoyable read.

Much better than Gantz, at the very least, where you can't flip a page without seeing TAAEEEEEEEEEE CHAAAN or people going emo, hahaha.

At the very least we have so many kick-ass characters in here. Although I do laugh seeing the Chinese being treated as the ultimate bad guy, hahaha.

Terraformars is just a bunch of fights entwined with a bunch of Wikipedia articles about bugs.

I think it's the only series I've read that has sources in it.

so you're implying people who think tera is bad (which it is) is insane?

ok.gif

edit: i mean you can enjoy what you enjoy doesnt mean its good

psssssh you hella crazy. BUT. For the record. I never said it was good. I said I'm enjoying it. To which you disagreed. Wit chyo Gantz BLEH!

Now you're just making it sound amazing.

Yea. I think that actually made me want to keep reading it even more.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
What is so hilarious about Terraformars is that a VERY VAST MAJORITY of the sob stories for the characters involve stuff like "meeting with a person (mostly a lady) and falling in love with him/her."

They pulled it off with so many characters it's a joke in itself, hahaha.

And *of course* you gotta be crazy to consider stuff that's happening in Terraformars are possible biologically, but at the very least all the stuff about the animals themselves are informative and fun to read.

So.....you didn't like TTGL either then.......? What with the all the
space sea
n shiiiii.

The mopey emo bits? Nope.
The balls to the walls action? Loved it.

Gurren would never be described as a crash course on physics tho.

What is so hilarious about Terraformars is that a VERY VAST MAJORITY of the sob stories for the characters involve stuff like "meeting with a person (mostly a lady) and falling in love with him/her."

They pulled it off with so many characters it's a joke in itself, hahaha.

I sometimes wonder if anyone bothers reading all of those little blurbs of backstory on the characters.

wonzo

Banned
Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san 1-11

I adore sweet romance stories and I hope the boy's able to get one up on her sometime soon.

Do You Like Big Girls 1-11

It's good but I'm still waiting for THAT CHAPTER.

monster waifus 28-29

was expecting thick milfs not this weakass shit zzzzzz

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I sometimes wonder if anyone bothers reading all of those little blurbs of backstory on the characters.

The whole character card thing?

Yea, I read them.

I don't know, maybe I am misremembering things, but in my mind it seems there's an awful lot of "guy meet girl guy falling in love with girl guy meet with dangerous situation" sob background settings in the manga.

Nordicus

Jitsu wa Watashi wa 58

Wait, the new girl is a demon? I thought she was an ang- ya know what, this might be interesting.

Although because this is Jitsu wa Watashi wa, her intimidating introduction will not have lasting power

Pokémon - Dating a Team Magma Grunt 5
Critical hit!
It's super effective!
Leader Maxie was paralyzed!
Leader Maxie was frozen!
Leader Maxie was confused!

Evidently I missed all the cute subtext for Team Magma back when I played the original R/S (haven't touched OR/AS yet). Team Aqua need to step their game up.

Everyday Monster Waifus 30
Does whatever a spider can.

Goddamn the original trio are so terrible compared to the later arrivals. If something were to interrupt the destined Manako route, I'd accept a Rachnera, Lala or maaaybe a Mero ending.

Zweizer

Banned
Jitsu wa Watashi wa ch58

Life is not a game~

Here comes new girl! Here's hoping for lots of fireworks, considering her status~

Revo

Jitsu wa Watashi wa 58

So underhanded, basically telling him the path will be terrible and then not allowing him to openly take that path.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom