• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTS| Yeah I couldn't come up with a thread title ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.
lkrwtf.gif

Saw the reactions and was like hmmm

after reading it

Iron Hammer Against the Witch

that's it? seriously

tame as hell and trying too hard, especially with the "religion is bad mmkay" stuff.

also those feet LOLOLOL

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Aiko no Maa-chan 1
Probably the cutest talking vagina manga i've ever read.
And it's not that NSFW. For real.
Well, this one sound interesting. Can't wait for the next chapter!

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Saw the reactions and was like hmmm

after reading it

Iron Hammer Against the Witch

that's it? seriously

tame as hell and trying too hard, especially with the "religion is bad mmkay" stuff.

also those feet LOLOLOL

tame as hell????? you sir have lost all of your humanity by being on the internet too much.

Revo

Witch Hunt 20

Time to wait 16 weeks for webtoons to catch up lol

Wonder if I'll even remember this series in 16 weeks.

Hidamari ga Kikoeru 02

It definitely gave the sense of how feeling different from everyone else has turned him the way he is. And its pretty interesting to see how his walls will get broken down. Definitely liking this.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Boku Girl 18-36

Mizuki needs to just accept what's going on. :3

Nozoki Ana 1

I think I'll enjoy this one. It seems fun so far. Not much else to say just yet...

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
What is going on here and do I want to know.

Pokémon - Dating a Team Magma Grunt (Doujinshi) 1-5

Chapter 5 was the best chapter.

Also MaxiexCourtney is OTP.

Zweizer

Banned
tame as hell????? you sir have lost all of your humanity by being on the internet too much.

This is honestly nothing much. The characters are shallow, the lore is convulted, the setting is laughably monochrome, the entire concept screams teenage "Look at how edgy I am!", and overall the whole thing fails at making you care about any of its content because it doesn't develop anything aside from the gory bits, which means it's just something you'd flip through, mutter "M'kay", and then forget the next day.

It has no lasting value, no impact outside of its initial shock, and the shock itself is just something that's been overdone and exists just for the sake of existing. You take out the violence and it becomes nothing.

Edit: I'll add that the gore itself might be unsettling to some, but honestly this is the kind of stuff that loses its bite after you've seen it once. If anything, this just proves that a huge portion of MangaGAF need to expand their horizons.

Dandte

Hello Manga Gaffer...This is nearly the same post as myopening post in Anime Gaf, yo you will maybe see it twice? Anyway, after days of stucking in the queue i'm finally allowed to post. So hello hello wise men and girls of manga and other stuff.

I went absent from Manga nearly 4 1/2 years, but around a month ago i decided it's time for some Anime and Manga. Reread of hunterxhunter and Berserk were my manga of choice.

I guess i missed a lot of great stuff in the last years, so i'm asking you to help me out of this misery. When it comes to genres i'm split into two persons.

I enjoy action as much as i enjoy romance/drama, so i'm looking for both.

Action requirements:

Story has to be "ok"
Good artstyle realistic looking characters, enlarged on the setting. I would read mecha to, hell i love Film like Pacific Rim :3
Setting: Scifi->present age->Sport->Medi-Evil->Fantasy
No endless manga like OP, Bleach
No use of ecchi elements, only if they are required for the story or could happen in real life to.
In terms of artstyle i prefer very sharp images or washed out chars and pretty natural looking backgrounds: berserk, HunterxHunter, Tenjo Tenge

Romance/ Slice of Life requirements:

Story has to be ok but also the main aspect
Brillant drawing and realistic looking characters, Taiga from Toradora was on the edge. Deformation is a no go.
Setting:
Drama->Dram/Rom->Rom->Rom/Com->Dram/Com
College->High-school->Working and education
Ecchi elements only if necessary
In terms of artstyle i prefer very sharp images or washed out chars and pretty natural looking backgrounds: as above

The last Manga which i enjoyed (my scale of personal enjoyment) were:

Terra ForMars: 9/10
Nanatsu no Taiza: 8/10
Eyeshield 21: 9/10
Elfen Lied: 10/10
HunterXHunter: 10/10
Liar Game: 7/10
High School of the Dead: 10/10
No-Zo-Ki-A-Na: 7/10

Manga on my Bookshelf at the moment: Tokyo Ghoul, Nisekoi, Sankarea.
So, hope this will help you to get in my twisted mind and recommend me something i will enjoy. As i wrote above the character artwork is an important point for me.

Also sorry for the grammatical errors and spelling mistakes. English isn't my native language but i will try to do my best and fit in.

Thanks for reading this and again Hello Neogaf!

Edit: I'll add that the gore itself might be unsettling to some, but honestly this is the kind of stuff that loses its bite after you've seen it once. If anything, this just proves that a huge portion of MangaGAF need to expand their horizons.

Well to be very truthful, it was not that bad really. After reading Pupa, that dakuma manga and other gory shit, I do think this is a manga that is trying to be "edgy" (if that is what you people call trying too hard is).

But it is a great excuse to use my gifs you see.

Soshite, Hare ni Naru 06

And it ends with the wedding. Sorted out the father issues and while it didn't seem to have given any closure of the original love triangle, it kinda felt like it didn't have to. Good series.

This is honestly nothing much. The characters are shallow, the lore is convulted, the setting is laughably monochrome, the entire concept screams teenage "Look at how edgy I am!", and overall the whole thing fails at making you care about any of its content because it doesn't develop anything aside from the gory bits, which means it's just something you'd flip through, mutter "M'kay", and then forget the next day.

It has no lasting value, no impact outside of its initial shock, and the shock itself is just something that's been overdone and exists just for the sake of existing. You take out the violence and it becomes nothing.

Also if its about the sex stuff there are far worse scenarios (even without h works) tbh so while it sucked and all i have seen versions that made me truly ask myself "why the fuck am i reading this".

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
You guys should just read Ubel Blatt instead.

Zweizer

Banned
Also if its about the sex stuff there are far worse scenarios (even without h works) tbh so while it sucked and all i have seen versions that made me truly ask myself "why the fuck am i reading this".

Pretty much. The whole thing lacks elaboration and emotional impact. It felt it was just there for the sake of edginess.

i still laugh at how this series aped the craziness/sexual stuff from Berserk to apparently acquire an audience then pretty much tone it down to nothingness (until a recent character was introduced at least). lol

Pretty much. The whole thing lacks elaboration and emotional impact. It felt it was just there for the sake of edginess.

Hell while Holy Knight is a steaming pile of grade A horseshit i still would place its version of the "scenario" above this (even if it was fucking nonsensical and also used for "edge" imo).

Zweizer

Banned
Hello Manga Gaffer...This is nearly the same post as myopening post in Anime Gaf, yo you will maybe see it twice? Anyway, after days of stucking in the queue i'm finally allowed to post. So hello hello wise men and girls of manga and other stuff.

I enjoy action as much as i enjoy romance/drama, so i'm looking for both.

I hope you don't mind me adding a third category~

Action:

• One Punch-Man by ONE and Murata Yusuke
  • Blame! by Tsutomu Nihei

Romance:

• Prison School by Hiramoto Akira
  • Tasogare Otome x Amnesia by Maybe
  • Jitsu wa Watashi wa by Masuda Eiji
  • Once Again by Feng Xi Shen Lei and Buddy
  • Taiyou no Ie by Taamo
  • Bonnouji by Aki Eda
  • Koe no Katachi by Yoshitoki Oima

Other:

• Yotsuba&! by Kiyohiko Azuma
  • Hinamatsuri by Ohtake Masao
  • Nickelodeon by Dowman Sayman

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
i still laugh at how this series aped the craziness/sexual stuff from Berserk to apparently acquire an audience then pretty much tone it down to nothingness (until a recent character was introduced at least).

Branding 101 man. Make yourself look like another popular thing to establish the audience base then do your own thing.

How about Saturn Apartments?

It is a work of science fiction set in a distant future, where the Earth has been evacuated and humanity now inhabits a man-made ring-shaped city orbiting 35 kilometers above the planet's surface. The ring is divided into floors, of which there are three; the first being the living space of everyday workers, the second being dedicated to agriculture, and the third being the dwellings of the upper class. The plot follows the life of a young man called Mitsu, whose job as a window cleaner allows him a glimpse into the lives of the ring's inhabitants, as he attempts to learn more about his father's disappearance while working in the same job.

Complete at 7 volumes.

Tizoc

Cesare Ch. 3
Historical mangas are usually a fun read, like Historie and I just stumbled on this one by chance, good art, interesting characters and I like the settings.
gxDcw2.jpg

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends

And you somehow still like Boys On The Run after making this critical analysis of the plot and art Zweizer... The world will never make sense to me.

Read the first chapter, pretty bad if you ask me.

Dandte

I hope you don't mind me adding a third category~

Many interesting recommendations, sadly i read both of your action orientated manga. A third option is allways great. I really like storys as bakuman or Death Note. Btw the Nickelodeon got me, i was like....eh? The i read the next post from "whatsinaname" recommended me saturn apartments....googled it and first image.. cat in space suit....eh?

I guess i should really expand my horizon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom