• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTS| Yeah I couldn't come up with a thread title ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Majo ni Ataeru Tettsui 1
wutt.gif

oh my fucking god, i have to read this when i make it home.

Majo ni Ataeru Tettsui 1
Reading this it makes think that the Drakengard universe's version of the Inquisition would play out something like this.

Either way, it's fucked up, and I'm down with it.

Blazing Ninjaman 1-2

3a929d9c99.jpg

What you can expect from Blazing Ninjaman

It was called BLAZING NINJAMAN so I kind of had to read it.
10 pages in when a girl tells her teacher she saw a weird person on the bus and the teacher yells "WAS IT A NINJA" was around the time I decided it was worth it.

Oh and the name of the Ninja is Shinobi Mantaro because of course it is

wonzo

Banned
Ashizuri

Sure wasn't expecting to end up reading such an awesome experimental work filled with travelogues from the author and little tidbits about fish. Now this is the kinda stuff peeps should be reading instead of whatever tryhard crap is causing all this bad gif spam.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Jeez, this new manga has taken quite the toll on poor Yams.

Arclight pls, this manga was pretty good overall but god damn, i had to stop reading and collect myself after i read a couple of pages... However, I will definitely read if this has good story development. If it only has WHAT THE FUCK MOMENTS then I'll gladly drop it... My heart can only handle so much after I learned how weak I was when I read Sundome's ending.

Blazing Ninjaman 1-2
I like the art style, I love ninjas, and it seems delightfully silly and over the top. I like.

Blood Lad 1-2
Literally stumbled upon this one at random, and I find the set up behind it interesting. Staz seems like the kind of protagonist I can get behind, though with it only being the first two chapters, I'm curious how far things will go.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Mosnter Musume 2-16

After a very careful analysis, and after pondering deeply about several aspects (which I won't go into detail for reasons).
I've concluded that Lamia is the most desirable girl up to this point. Papi looks too young for my taste, and I'm afraid Cerea would accidentally kill a person during intimacy moment. Shuu suffers from the same issue (drowining) plus her mental abilities remain to be seen. Mermaid is pretty boring personality wise.

Surprisingly, and God help me for saying this, the spider girl Rachnera is looking pretty good so far.

I didn't realize there was so much love for spider girls in here. In general I assume people are against anything involving spiders. Doubly so if there's any chance that it might envolve copulation.

I'm not quite converted as off yet, but let's say Rachnee is making good arguments in her favor so far.

You've seen the light!
Rachnee have the best personality (and leg)
Majo ni Ataeru Tettsui 1
http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/wutt.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

Ok, i need to read this

[quote="Zweizer, post: 145787158"][B]Melancholy of a Yuri Otaku Girl[/B] by Tamamusi

[img]http://i.imgur.com/GhxbK8g.jpg[img]

A yuri fiend's expectations versus reality.[/QUOTE]

and this for the remedy.

[B]
Self 6-7[/B]
He did it. He fucking did it.
clapping.gif
[B]
Sora yori takaku latest[/B]
Horse got sprain, decide to finish by carrying the horse. That's a real demon for you.
[B]
Benten Rock You 1[/B]
The power of rock and roll will show you a whole new world!
[B]Monster Musume 29[/B]
Handbra. Kumawaga will be so proud. *sniff*
[B]Melancholy of a Yuri Otaku Girl[/B]
This is so cute~[B]
Majo ni Ataeru Tettsui 1[/B]
This is so damn edgy

Blazing Ninjaman 1-2

It was called BLAZING NINJAMAN so I kind of had to read it.
10 pages in when a girl tells her teacher she saw a weird person on the bus and the teacher yells "WAS IT A NINJA" was around the time I decided it was worth it.

Oh and the name of the Ninja is Shinobi Mantaro because of course it is

You should read Blazing Transfer Student too. It is pretty ridiculous and funny.

wonzo

Banned
Snow Ridge, Sword Dance

A collection of two Iwaaki History based tales, one dealing with the struggle in an ailing clan between the young and the old on where to locate their new castle and the other about a woman looking to learn the sword so she can seek revenge on the people that raped her and murdered her family. It's always interesting to see Iwaaki turn the morbid, tragic, and sad into something much more hopeful and optimistic than it should be.

KimiNewt

Scored 3/100 on an Exam
Random question for Space Brothers readers (I've only watched the anime):
Do they ever delve into the backstories of the other characters? After the initial testing they seemed to have dropped that (aside from Brian/the-always-in-a-hurry-guy's group). There were many side-characters that seemed interesting, did they go back to it?

Revo

Random question for Space Brothers readers (I've only watched the anime):
Do they ever delve into the backstories of the other characters? After the initial testing they seemed to have dropped that (aside from Brian/the-always-in-a-hurry-guy's group). There were many side-characters that seemed interesting, did they go back to it?

Yep, any important character usually gets a chapter or few of backstory. Or at least some sort of explanation.

Haunted House 1-8 (END)

23029486575dukl.jpg

More Mitsukazu Mihara, and the most enjoyable thing I've read from her so far. It's a comedy about a normal guy whose fledgling romances are persistently thwarted by his very abnormal family. Definitely more mainstream than her other works, with the gothic element used more for laughs than anything else. Still, the humour was right up my alley and the MC's progression was surprisingly touching, despite the short length. There's a proper English release for it, so bought!

Hey, I happen to like Cyclops just fine.
Good, and make sure it stays that way. I'll be keeping a close
mono-
eye on you.

Nightbird

Majo ni Ataeru Tettsui 1

"Hey, let's see what the fuzz is abou-"

*reads Chapter*

NcNfyGu.gif

I mean, the general Idea is kind of interesting, but it reads waay too much like the Author has a personal grudge against the Church. I also didn't needed to be reminded several Times that that Girl was tortured and raped.

I don't know if i want to continue reading it, or save myself from it before it's too late

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Majo ni Ataeru Tettsui 1

"Hey, let's see what the fuzz is abou-"

*reads Chapter*

NcNfyGu.gif

I mean, the general Idea is kind of interesting, but it reads waay too much like the Author has a personal grudge against the Church. I also didn't needed to be reminded several Times that that Girl was tortured and raped.

I don't know if i want to continue reading it, or save myself from it before it's too late

Haha, you should read more manga that bases an arc on the spanish inquisition. Berserk is another one that gets pretty close to it, the spanish inquisition was really effed up and pretty much killed people for the dumbest of reasons.

dramatis

Why are you all calling it Majo ni Ataeru Tettsui? The volume cover actually has an English name on it, "Iron Hammer Against the Witch".

I saw the cover for this a while back, thought the name sounded interesting and the cover also looked nice. Skimmed the first chapter. It's ok, but the artstyle is sort of meh on the inside.

Nightbird

Haha, you should read more manga that bases an arc on the spanish inquisition. Berserk is another one that gets pretty close to it, the spanish inquisition was really effed up and pretty much killed people for the dumbest of reasons.

Oh great, now, that you spinned it like this, the Idea became great again to me, since i love Stories based on actual historical things. :p

Zweizer

Banned
Yandere Kanojo ch57.5

What a rotten girl~

Shoujo Apocalypse Adventure ch6

Maps are important.

Tsugumomo ch44.1, 54.1

What a rough life~

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Oh great, now, that you spinned it like this, the Idea became great again to me, since i love Stories based on actual historical things. :p

haha, you should love one piece in the skypeia arc on how its based on the spanish conquistadors.

You didn't kno-

Oh you are not part of the circle.

LET ME IN THIS ODD CIRCLE SO I CAN MAKE IT A DIFFERENT SHAPE!!!

Majo ni Ataeru Tettsui 1
10859754_995315170484177_234897580_n.jpg

Oh lawd, the reactions to this manga have been killing me.

Zweizer

Banned
Iron Hammer Against the Witch ch1

Trying way too hard.

Why are you all calling it Majo ni Ataeru Tettsui? The volume cover actually has an English name on it, "Iron Hammer Against the Witch".

Probably because most people here just copy-paste the title from MU or the likes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom