• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTS| Yeah I couldn't come up with a thread title ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prison School 149

now I know the pain of having to wait a week between chapters. damn.

hope Hana does some crazy shit with Kiyoshi that ruins the (student council) president's plan.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
im not gonna call out any names but dominican nuts who enjoyed reading love junkies should reassess their taste in manga, even though we see eye to eye on all the manga we enjoy.

Went back real quick to make sure I was hating on the right manga, yup, this guy should burn in hell for all i care, sucks as a protagonist.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Sundome 30-43

I actually lol'd at the ex-president getting an infection in his urethra. I have no idea if this is supposed to be a super serious manga, but I find myself wanting more of these ridiculous comedic interactions with the club members.

Zweizer

Banned
Boku no Kotori-san (One-shot) by Kusanagi Mizuho

Pretty fun and cute romance, though rather straightforward and aside from the good art it doesn't really distinguish itself from most other romance one-shots.

Kurita

Otomen isn't bad, and I hear good things about My Story!!.
Yeah Ore Monogatari/My Love Story (I think that's the name they chose for the English version) is the GOAT

Speaking of shojo I need to buy the volumes of Blue Spring Ride I'm missing.
And Princess Jellyfish.
And start Orange.

DxkzXs6.jpg

I really don't want to start ranking these girls because I think they're all good.

But Tsuku (Vampire Stalker) and Youko (Tsundere cat girl) are starting to pull ahead of everyone else.

Zweizer

Banned
7 Seeds v1-6

Several groups of people selected for their generally favorable attributes have to survive a post-apocalyptic world.

Pretty great read so far, with generally well-balanced characters who form a varied cast overall, a gripping premise and gorgeous sceneries of the new, hostile world. There are some concepts that somewhat irk me (such as the low amount of people chosen compared to the rather high hurdle they have to overcome, that is surviving a harsh environment by their own strength, which sounds pretty counterproductive), but I guess they'll get expanded upon later.

I really love post-apocalyptic sceneries in general.

survivor

Banned
I'm surprised this isn't licensed in English yet since it's a hit and countless shojo manga get released in the US.

They might pick it up soon, Strobe Edge just finished 6 months ago in NA. Unless of course it tanked and they are avoiding everything else by her.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Boku no Kotori-san (One-shot) by Kusanagi Mizuho

Pretty fun and cute romance, though rather straightforward and aside from the good art it doesn't really distinguish itself from most other romance one-shots.

Stop it, if you wanna compare this to other great works, Yoko-sama comes to mind, then go ahead but this is good in its own right! I've read a couple of one-shots that made my heart burst in tears but this was so lighthearted that it was an enjoyable read. For once, I wasn't suffering while reading a romance manga due to inept writing or heartbreaking scenario.
You always tear my joys apart Zweizer ;_; but you are very spot on with your critiques.

New Yen Press licenses coming this week

#pray4nozaki

But at least we are overwhelmingly likely to get Horimiya, hype!

Yen Press is the publisher we need but don't deserve!

UQ Holder 63

tournament arc imminent. I guess I'm excited?

Yamada 140

here's your chance to win best girl's heart Tamaki

I also got the Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind boxset and holy shit this thing is huge and weighs like 10 pounds. Will read some later.

Usobuko

Banned
From its stories to artstyle, there's something distinctly unqiue about Ashizuri Suizokukan that seem to arise from the author's passion. You can tell that she has this nostalgic love for her hometown and for fishes.

In a way, it's feel kinda sad where things are no longer it used to be for the aquarium in chapter 13.

Zweizer

Banned
Stop it, if you wanna compare this to other great works, Yoko-sama comes to mind, then go ahead but this is good in its own right! I've read a couple of one-shots that made my heart burst in tears but this was so lighthearted that it was an enjoyable read. For once, I wasn't suffering while reading a romance manga due to inept writing or heartbreaking scenario.
You always tear my joys apart Zweizer ;_; but you are very spot on with your critiques.

Haha. I agree that as far as vanilla one-shots go it was pretty enjoyable.
Thanks.

Usobuko

Banned
Survivor also make a good obversation, there's different experimental artstyle for Ashizuri stories and I think it doesn't break the cohesiveness as a whole for the manga.

KScorp

Jitsu wa Watashi wa 59

I want to know what Youko's fortune was.

"small fortune"? That's what it seems to say on pages 7 + 9 at least.

Apparently the gods of fortune are just a normal part of their lives in their future. Rin seems to be familiar with just about everyone.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Sundome 44-57

Ex-prez getting stuck in Tatsuya's chastity belt, the sleeping bag costume...Oh my lord, I'm dying. This is fantastic.

On a less hilarious note, I'm still lost about the guy and the nosebleeds...

Quixzlizx

"small fortune"? That's what it seems to say on pages 7 + 9 at least.

Apparently the gods of fortune are just a normal part of their lives in their future. Rin seems to be familiar with just about everyone.

Well, Rin would be aware if Akemi never ditched the glasses.

Busaiku

Stop!! Hibari-kun

Dunno why, but I really like the scenes of Hibari and Kousaku just casually chilling.
Also, from the first volume, I'm guessing Takahashi got a ton of inspiration for Ranma 1/2 from this (never read her previous stuff, so I dunno).

wonzo

Banned
Speaking of Okusan, i want more chapters of Sachiare! :(
it's almost been a year and the group in question removed all traces of it from their site ;-;

akito save us

sweet, I should get those.

Ore Monogatarai ties for My Personal Favourite Shoujo Manga along with Orange (by default because I haven't read anything else)
nukodukes published in a shoujo mag and its adorable

Bloody Brat Vol.02

More 4komas and short stories (mostly short stories) featuring the Blood Lad cast.

Pretty fun since we have a larger pool of cast members now to make fun of. And god, Hachiko is such a sad story! ;_;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom