• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTS| Yeah I couldn't come up with a thread title ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quixzlizx

Fuuka 45

This is trash. I either want a sweet love story or rage-inducing Seo, not boredom.

THE LEGEND
(of Seo)
CONTINUES...
(to crumble)

wonzo

Banned
Noramimi 53-60
noramimi60.jpg
noramimi60a.jpg

never fails to bring tears to my eyes, the good kind tho
tocry.png

what should i read
noramimi

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Sundome final

So I wasn't sure what to think of this manga until the last few chapters. I loved it, but I think it would have been more powerful if it weren't so focused on all the fetish stuff. That said, it made the ending panels that much more emotionally draining to read.

The final chapter where they finally share a real intimate moment was simply stunning. The hospital escape, the orphanage, the wave flowers, the sex...All of it was just awesome. It was one of the only times I finally felt truly involved emotionally. I can't say it enough; I'm so happy they shared that intimate sex before she passed, and at the flowers that he promised to take her to.

The growth of the president seemed to happen VERY slowly, but that final chapter...And the flash forward actually made me sad. He married/is living with a woman who, in my understanding, doesn't fully share his interests or passions. It makes you think about your life, and how often times, the best version of ourself comes out when you have someone to pull it to the surface.

Overall, great read. Lots of laugh out loud moments with the club. A little bizarre sexually and somewhat slow to develop, but really worth it for that final chapter.

Furyous

Mission School

This is the harem anime from hell. Take Ore Ga-Ojou sama but replace the nobles with trained military vets and have them integrate into a school with three males. This is a funny manga but has more unsuspecting violence than usual.

kasane

Sundome final

So I wasn't sure what to think of this manga until the last few chapters. I loved it, but I think it would have been more powerful if it weren't so focused on all the fetish stuff. That said, it made the ending panels that much more emotionally draining to read.

The final chapter where they finally share a real intimate moment was simply stunning. The hospital escape, the orphanage, the wave flowers, the sex...All of it was just awesome. It was one of the only times I finally felt truly involved emotionally. I can't say it enough; I'm so happy they shared that intimate sex before she passed, and at the flowers that he promised to take her to.

The growth of the president seemed to happen VERY slowly, but that final chapter...And the flash forward actually made me sad. He married/is living with a woman who, in my understanding, doesn't fully share his interests or passions. It makes you think about your life, and how often times, the best version of ourself comes out when you have someone to pull it to the surface.

Overall, great read. Lots of laugh out loud moments with the club. A little bizarre sexually and somewhat slow to develop, but really worth it for that final chapter.

told you bro

ending left me into pieces

wonzo

Banned
Noramimi 61-68 END

A truly wonderful and heartfelt end to a wonderful and heartfelt series. I'm still kinda surprised I've only ever heard of this whenether Hox tries to get more people to read this. If only they'd listen…

A true masterpiece on just what it means to be a mascot.

Quasar

fuuka 45 - Better than I expected, but I'm not enjoying myself as much as I was when Tama-chan was around

Domestic na Kanojo 15 - Clearly I have been corrupted given I'm wanting Natsuo to not give up on his desire for Hina.

Quasar

Fuuka 45

I actually liked how they did it. His song sucked without help, but had promise. So everyone helped and started to see how much they liked playing. Much better than the song being amazing from the get go and they say yeah.

Yeah. i'm glad it wasn't just so awesome everyone got back together.

Fuuka 45

I actually liked how they did it. His song sucked without help, but had promise. So everyone helped and started to see how much they liked playing. Much better than the song being amazing from the get go and they say yeah.

I think it's dumb how they can fix it so quickly and I'm not feeling the story direction at all. I want it to end already and want Seo to start a new series.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Fuuka 45

It was fine, it just wasn't interesting. It felt more like a box being ticked than anything else.

flawfuls

Noramimi 61-68 END

A truly wonderful and heartfelt end to a wonderful and heartfelt series. I'm still kinda surprised I've only ever heard of this whenether Hox tries to get more people to read this. If only they'd listen…

A true masterpiece on just what it means to be a mascot.

It's is hard to get people to read a manga with a purposefully unappealing main character, trust me I've tried. It's pretty sad that people don't read the manga for the same reason the characters in the story reject Noramimi. Poor Guy :(

It's an amazing manga though, easily one of the best comedy/slice of life manga ever written. Glad at least you got to experience it.

If it was called Dottari it would have sold millions.

wonzo

Banned
It's is hard to get people to read a manga with a purposefully unappealing main character, trust me I've tried. It's pretty sad that people don't read the manga for the same reason the characters in the story reject Noramimi. Poor Guy :(
Even I kinda put it off due to the general look of it but I'm glad I finally remembered to check it out. lol

Noramimi's a real trooper. :(

It's an amazing manga though, easily one of the best comedy/slice of life manga ever written. Glad at least you got to experience it.

Yeah it really did blow my expectations away, I was expecting nice little quirky read and it ended up being so much more than that. Hopefully more people itt will give it (and poor ol' noramimi) the chance it deserves.

If it was called Dottari it would have sold millions.

i dont think its possible for one manga to possibly contain so much dottari!

Foolworm

Sundome final

Yeah, there were definitely some squick moments, but I got dragged along by the various little hints dropped throughout the series and it paid off.

Fuuka 45

Yuu should have broke down midway through the song instead of doing the whole 'hot-blooded shonen protagonist' thing. Would have been more powerful and true to character.

Ran to Haiiro no Sekai

Hibi wants to be a florist? Good man.

UQ Holder

A Negima cast reunion is in the works. You just know it.

Gunnm Mars Chronicle

Wow, Kishiro pulls no punches here.

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
Ciguatera

So I just started reading this and I honestly thought I would hate the art style but I'm totally in love with it. The way the characters emote is next level shut. The writing and situational depiction from panel to panel speaks on multiple levels. You literally feel like you are reading into the characters without the writer telegraphing it. It feels like its truly operating in layers. I. Only 8 chapters in but I'm really enjoying it so far.

Usobuko

Banned
Ciguatera

So I just started reading this and I honestly thought I would hate the art style but I'm totally in love with it. The way the characters emote is next level shut. The writing and situational depiction from panel to panel speaks on multiple levels. You literally feel like you are reading into the characters without the writer telegraphing it. It feels like its truly operating in layers. I. Only 8 chapters in but I'm really enjoying it so far.

The first few chapters is pretty hilarious, I can only say it's a decent roller coaster ride. There is something you probably won't like but a lot of seinen mangaka are guilty of it.

I read everything on MAL's recommendation page for Ciguatera, they are all very close substitutes ( except Angel Densetsu ) so if you crave more, hit those recs.

UQ Holder! 63

At this point he should just drop all pretenses and bring back everyone from negi manga and announce a 2nd season.

Ciguatera

Oh THIS manga. i want to say i hope you are emotionally ready for it, but that in itself is too big a spoiler.

that author commits a major gaffe in it that put off a lot of people.

Jintor

Love at Fourteen Vol.01

I never noticed you can tell how mature these two are by looking at their size compared to their classmates. Everyone else in their class looks like kids compared to them.

...dak that's the entire premise of the manga ヽ(o`皿′o)ノ

elyetis

Love at Fourteen Vol.01

I never noticed you can tell how mature these two are by looking at their size compared to their classmates. Everyone else in their class looks like kids compared to them.

I still think their best moments are when they are not mature and free to be themselves.

And I do enjoy that satisfaction when that other kid starts getting trolled by the teacher.
Hey you guys get some ( few, so few tought ! ) manga France doesn't get. I'll add it to my import list.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Any of you guys can recommended some Shoujo, but with a Male MC.
Gakuen Babysitters (has elements of romance, but it's not the focus)
Tsukikage Baby (josei but from the person who did Kids on the Slope)
Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san (shonen)
Kami-sama ga Uso o Tsuku (seinen)
Stella to Mille Feuille (just started, but it's by an author I highly recommend)

Natsume's Book of Friends
Banana Fish
Heart of Thomas
Last Game (I think, don't remember too much about this)
Last Game only has the first two chapters from the maleMC's point of view and that's why they're the best.

Also thanks for the recs, shoujo with a male lead are my favorite.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Sundome final

The ending really got me and I was really attached to the story. I'm glad you liked it, if you want another one of this nature, go ahead and read... I forget the name... Its a psychiatrist dealing with a patient who's very cold and has white hair. I won't say anymore cause it would spoil it. Its not as funny or intense but its a nice read. Other than that, you need to start digging cause manga like these are rare to find. I can give you a full list of romance manga's in my backlog. For now try out.... I'm blanking out on names, it deals with this guy who's into S&M and his childhood friend gets involved in it somehow. Its really heavy on the S&M. Now I remembered! Its Nana to Kaoru.

dani_dc

Glass Mask vol 13

Maya actually won the prize, though Ayuma didnt let that get to her, quite on the contrary.

From here we got to see Maya adapt to the different world that is TV, and the changes that brought up, including her teacher "giving" her out and being forced out of contact with her friends.

But this volume was above all about love, Daito director let's it leak to his assistant his true feeling and ends up being confronted about them, Maya falls in love with a new male character (she has quite a reverse harem at this point) and is unable to act properly due to this, while Ayumi fails to act due to her lack of love.

This all should culminate during the next volume.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
The ending really got me and I was really attached to the story. I'm glad you liked it, if you want another one of this nature, go ahead and read... I forget the name... Its a psychiatrist dealing with a patient who's very cold and has white hair. I won't say anymore cause it would spoil it. Its not as funny or intense but its a nice read. Other than that, you need to start digging cause manga like these are rare to find. I can give you a full list of romance manga's in my backlog. For now try out.... I'm blanking out on names, it deals with this guy who's into S&M and his childhood friend gets involved in it somehow. Its really heavy on the S&M. Now I remembered! Its Nana to Kaoru.

I'd love to get a glimpse at your romance backlog. I have no interest in reading anything but slice of life and romance-inspired stuff. At least not right now. I'm on a hook after these past few binge reads. :p

Lain

At least Yen Press puts out nice artbooks. I thoroughly despise their onomatopoeia localization work, but their work on the PandoraHearts: Odds and Ends artbook is damn fine.

Kyuur

Just checked out the first episode of the new Tokyo Ghoul anime.

Looks like they're going for an anime original ending or something, instead of showing what happened with Ken's group between the Hideout Raid arc and the Kanou arc. A bit disappointing. They also went through like 15 chapters in 1 episode.

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
The first few chapters is pretty hilarious, I can only say it's a decent roller coaster ride. There is something you probably won't like but a lot of seinen mangaka are guilty of it.

I read everything on MAL's recommendation page for Ciguatera, they are all very close substitutes ( except Angel Densetsu ) so if you crave more, hit those recs.

Oh THIS manga. i want to say i hope you are emotionally ready for it, but that in itself is too big a spoiler.

that author commits a major gaffe in it that put off a lot of people.

I "accidentally" looked at the baka updates tags and there's
rape
in this. This is gonna suck isn't it :(. I'm now worried that based on takai's early strange behavior that this manga is going to go to some dark places. I'll continue reading but i was really hoping to avoid dark and depressing stuff :(.

Just tell me this isn't an author that enjoys deliberately making fans angry.

At least Yen Press puts out nice artbooks. I thoroughly despise their onomatopoeia localization work, but their work on the PandoraHearts: Odds and Ends artbook is damn fine.

I like that they release some of their series in a larger format like Love at Fourteen or Barakamon.

Makes it all look very nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom