• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTS| Yeah I couldn't come up with a thread title ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.

Usobuko

Banned
Ishizuka Shinichi has potential.

I want to read Blue Giant after Straight no Chaser as well as Gaku, the winner of Manga Award 2008 and the 54th Shougakukan Manga Award.

txjTov8.jpg

VRMN

Nisekoi 156

Plot inc?
Maybe?
Hopefully?

Who knows.

It's depressing that this is the closest the series has gotten to plot in a long, long time. But they are challenging the very premise of the manga, so that's definitely something, even if in effect it'll
just take Chitoge off her pedestal, allowing Marika and Tsugumi a chance (they will never capitalize on)

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Nisekoi 156

Plot inc?
Maybe?
Hopefully?

Who knows.

lol it makes literally no difference in the storyline whether they are fake dating or not because the rest of his harem's inability to seal the deal has nothing to do with the arrangement.

PM sent... check your inbox.

Does anyone here buy their manga? where is best place to buy manga?
During my ban, I managed to procure my Negima! omnibus 4 from barnes and noble.

I will soon complete my primary and later on backup collection. Then invest in either gintama or uq holder later...

AMZN since prime and free stuff.

Red Blood Red Legacy 33
B8nJ7uKCMAER1tu.png:large

I hope it wasnt on break for a week or two just for that color page.

Every chapter is so good, though its seems like his arms get bigger each chapter, pretty good design if they dont make him get any bigger please.

A bit too mature with how the vampires handled the girl though :/

Lain

PM sent... check your inbox.

Does anyone here buy their manga? where is best place to buy manga?
During my ban, I managed to procure my Negima! omnibus 4 from barnes and noble.

I will soon complete my primary and later on backup collection. Then invest in either gintama or uq holder later...

The best place to buy manga is always at the shop, physically, so you can check the volume proper and avoid a faulty one.

I buy them all online because I don't have a place to buy them physically close by and with the amount of manga I buy monthly it would be annoying to got get them as well.
Amazon is pretty good here: free shipping when purchasing 19€+ of products, manga have a 15% discount and the whole pre-order price guarantee are good incentives. The packaging is a bit on the meh side.
Though Amazon's selection is a bit lacking when it comes to Italian publishers, so I have to spread my purchases around.

Revo

Hinamatsuri 40/overall

Pretty enjoyable read, the side chapters were consistently good as well. A lot of realness mixed in with the comedy.
Hitomi ridiculously OP, please nerf.

rrc1594

Does anyone read Ouroboros is it good? I read the frist chapter and the premise looks great, but this is the first time I heard of this manga. It's been out for 2 years.

VRMN

lol it makes literally no difference in the storyline whether they are fake dating or not because the rest of his harem's inability to seal the deal has nothing to do with the arrangement.

Let me fix that for you. It has nothing to do with Kosaki's inability to seal the deal. Marika and Tsugumi aren't in on the scam for various reasons; the former to give Raku an excuse to avoid her advances and the latter keeps her out of active pursuit out of loyalty to her mistress. If they "break up," whether that's through them lying about ending their non-existent relationship or them admitting to the fraud, Tsugumi's guilt is gone and Marika's restraints (or at least Raku's ability to resist them) are theoretically removed.

Haru and Yui are different cases entirely, of course. Haru doesn't act because of Kosaki and lack of proximity to the proceedings half the time or more. Yui is just a complete disappointment whose lack of proximity to the proceedings half the time or more is a blessing.

Revo

Liar Game 201 (end)

What a shitty end. If this is the end they better have some kind of sequel planned or something.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Reading a UQ Holder thread and it made me laugh how much people were jumping over each other to make sure we all knew that they didn't like the fanservice in Negima because they are normal and not weird. Just FYI, not a pervo. In case you didn't know.

Angry Grimace

Let me fix that for you. It has nothing to do with Kosaki's inability to seal the deal. Marika and Tsugumi aren't in on the scam for various reasons; the former to give Raku an excuse to avoid her advances and the latter keeps her out of active pursuit out of loyalty to her mistress. If they "break up," whether that's through them lying about ending their non-existent relationship or them admitting to the fraud, Tsugumi's guilt is gone and Marika's restraints (or at least Raku's ability to resist them) are theoretically removed.

Haru and Yui are different cases entirely, of course. Haru doesn't act because of Kosaki and lack of proximity to the proceedings half the time or more. Yui is just a complete disappointment whose lack of proximity to the proceedings half the time or more is a blessing.

None of that will happen. Status Quo is God in Nisekoi.

VRMN

None of that will happen. Status Quo is God in Nisekoi.

I'd agree with you, but this is a very rare instance where nothing changing would make less sense. The overall harem romcom thing won't change, but the biggest thing here is his relationship with Chitoge has to change.

They're faced with breaking up the fake relationship, which at the very least removes her from "default winner" (even if she'll probably win anyway and hasn't done anything in the last two-plus years with the status...she's getting close to Kosaki levels of useless) and adds Tsugumi to "actually in the running." Honestly, if they "break up" it knocks her down a rung further, because she would outwardly have dumped him. Raku dumping her would be too much for her pride. She'd probably spend an arc moping and then rejoin the fray as a co-equal in theory.

The only alternative is them continuing the relationship, which is fine, but that's actually an ending. There's no way for them to keep being boyfriend and girlfriend without it being real, which would mean Chitoge has to confess. She was about to, anyway, so this is actually plausible for once.

Angry Grimace

Dude. Its Nisekoi. Nothing ever happens and the ending will have nothing happen.

Kurita

The best place to buy manga is always at the shop, physically, so you can check the volume proper and avoid a faulty one.

I buy them all online because I don't have a place to buy them physically close by and with the amount of manga I buy monthly it would be annoying to got get them as well.
Amazon is pretty good here: free shipping when purchasing 19€+ of products, manga have a 15% discount and the whole pre-order price guarantee are good incentives. The packaging is a bit on the meh side.
Though Amazon's selection is a bit lacking when it comes to Italian publishers, so I have to spread my purchases around.
Amazon is no longer a good option in France. An "anti-Amazon" law that got voted last year forced them to stop the 5% discounts on books. Pisses me off.

VRMN

Dude. Its Nisekoi. Nothing ever happens and the ending will have nothing happen.
Honestly, if he weasels out of the corner he just wrote himself into, I'll drop the series. There's fakeouts and then there's what this would be: Pretending to answer the myriad calls for something substantial to happen and then going "lol nope." I let Hayate get away with that shit because Hayate is funny. Nisekoi isn't on that level.

bigkrev

Nisekoi 156

Well, i'm glad they finally tried this out as a battle shounen!

I know I shouldn't get my hopes up for something to actually happen, but that ending sure makes it seem like something is going to happen

Amazon is no longer a good option in France. An "anti-Amazon" law that got voted last year forced them to stop the 5% discounts on books. Pisses me off.

As an American, this literally makes no sense whatsoever to me. Everything is cheaper on the internet than in stores!

Honestly, if he weasels out of the corner he just wrote himself into, I'll drop the series. There's fakeouts and then there's what this would be: Pretending to answer the myriad calls for something substantial to happen and then going "lol nope." I let Hayate get away with that shit because Hayate is funny. Nisekoi isn't on that level.

Its kinda sad that this series seems to have something but with just a few choice words from Grimace its killed/handwaved completely because (so far apparently) what is said has been right.

Maybe the author might change it up a bit but hey

Assassination Classroom 117
B8nr5nKCEAAG10W.png

If no one dies in this manga I will be slightly saddened if the ending somehow kills and brings everyone back or something.

Anyway, I wanted more of Yuuji, hes the best side character, and surely he had more of a realization over Nagisa especially if he had such glowing comments, maybe he will come back I hope.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Nisekoi 155-156

Honda vs. Tsugumi was hype as hell. I want more of that shit. We even got some Shuu x Ruri shit too!

Hope the fake lovers thing actually amounts to something, but who am I kidding.

rrvv

Nisekoi 156

Well, i'm glad they finally tried this out as a battle shounen!

I know I shouldn't get my hopes up for something to actually happen, but that ending sure makes it seem like something is going to happen

Yes something will happens in next chapter. but something will happens in next next chapter that simply reverse what happens in previous chapter and turn it back into status quo.

dramatis

Liar Game 201 [End]

The ending leaves off the feeling like there will be a sequel, and yet at the same time leaves the feeling of not having a sequel and being unfinished instead. It really is too abrupt an ending.

Overall though, there's definitely moments in the manga that were quite thrilling.

Nisekoi 156
#dead. But not as dead as Raku.

Next chapter, it's revealed that the gangs have discovered the deception and've ordered hits on the lead duo. Raku and Chitoge are mercilessly gunned down in a hail of bullets and bleed out in each-other's arms. Kosaki is caught in the crossfire because she sucks. Happy end.

dani_dc

Nisekoi 156

Nice ending to a not so interesting arc.
Everyone got the arrow at Raku, so I guess this confirms the Harem ending.

Author went meta for a page there, that was a nice touch.

Regardless if we get the plot to actually advance, this should at least be a good start for an interesting arc, it has potential for actual interesting things to happen rather than "random event X" that we've been stuck in for the last year.

That's sad because it means that best looking girl won't win... i won't ever read this manga in sign of protest.

Who would that be?

Zweizer

Banned
Is Reiroukan Still Alive? ch11

Things sure are moving fast.

No wall shall stand between their love though!

Tenshi-chan to Akuma-kun ch8

Nakai is pretty moe for a journalist~

Angry Grimace

Nisekoi 156

Nice ending to a not so interesting arc.
Everyone got the arrow at Raku, so I guess this confirms the Harem ending.

Author went meta for a page there, that was a nice touch.

Regardless if we get the plot to actually advance, this should at least be a good start for an interesting arc, it has potential for actual interesting things to happen rather than "random event X" that we've been stuck in for the last year.

Who would that be?

Harem/Non Ending is virtually guaranteed. That way he can make it so nothing happens even after he's not writing Nisekoi.

The chance of something happening ever is so remote I'd bet money on it.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Centaur Worries 57
Wait a minute, what happen to the previous story arc!?
Oh well, thanks god this chapter is cute.

Liar Game End

Well, what a downer ending. It's like the author just give up. Unless, the author planning to do a sequel, because as it is, it doesn't feel like a proper end.

Rhapsody

Banned
Nisekoi 156

The Ruri part was interesting, as with the conclusion. Still not holding my breath that this leads to more plot development though.

Angry Grimace

Centaur Worries 57
Wait a minute, what happen to the previous story arc!?
Oh well, thanks god this chapter is cute.

Liar Game End

Well, what a downer ending. It's like the author just give up. Unless, the author planning to do a sequel, because as it is, it doesn't feel like a proper end.

Honestly the number of manga with totally shit "the author gave up" endings is sort of distressing.

360pages

Honestly the number of manga with totally shit "the author gave up" endings is sort of distressing.

To be fair, a lot of Manga covers nearly 7 Novel worth of content if they were translated into books. This isn't even counting long runners like One Piece and Dragon Ball. Ending even a 70 Chapter Manga might feel daunting

Averon

I wonder if it is just authors getting sick of the manga they are writing and just crap out anything that pops into their heads just to end the series ASAP. Or maybe the suddenness of their series' cancellation makes it impossible to craft a well made ending.

In any case, I've learned to expect crappy endings in manga more often than not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom