• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTS| Yeah I couldn't come up with a thread title ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.

Usobuko

Banned
Well that isn't quite true because there are other series such as Nanatsu no Taizai (Weekly Shonen Magazine) and Tokyo Ghoul (Young Jump) from other magazines that are marketed really well. Both these series are selling 700k per Vol. So it goes to show that Shonen Jump isn't the only place for great marketing for a series. Plus there are other series that I haven't mentioned.

Weekly Shounen - Vegeta
Jump - Goku

Weekly Shounen Magazine has a long history with popular manga. Wiki also mention Jump lost its crown once.

1998's New Year's issue was the first time in 24 years that Weekly Shōnen Jump lost as the highest selling shōnen manga magazine (4.15 million copies sold), ceding to Weekly Shōnen Magazine (4.45 million).

Probably due to GTO, I guess.

Prison School 153
The keikaku is falling apart. What will ever happen!?

These scans need to go by faster.

Also Kiyoshi racking in all the girlies.

Sekai Maou 14

TQKRmZM.png

Always the end results of these manga it seems.

Weekly Shounen - Vegeta
Jump - Goku

Weekly Shounen Magazine has a long history with popular manga. Wiki also mention Jump lost its crown once.

Probably due to GTO, I guess.

Shonen Magazine was the top dog in popularity compared to Shonen Jump in the past, until Dragon ball came into place.

Usobuko

Banned
Musunde Hiraite

itsbeen84years.gif

I can't even remember how many years it has been since I started on this. My taste has changed and became more personal but it's still nice to see this getting pick up. Again.

Stretch 32

I don't know really know what's going on. I'm guessing they're back at their place? Wasn't too clear.

Just confess and be adorable together already.

Boku no Hero Academia 27

This series is such a fun read. Hope the author doesn't screw it up because all this potential god damn.

Prison School 153

Such character development.

Furyous

1) Probably not a good idea to tell claude anything. It seems like Claude has at least some idea about Asha's plan for the future so if Claude knew that Leez wasn't afraid of death then she might try to kill her again maybe?
2) Unsure what talking about here
3) Probably because Leez is becoming closer to Kubera (the god). Or that there can't be 2 real Kuberas or something.
4) Because Yuta actually has feelings for Leez and it isn't just hunger/he has the potential to have feelings (probably the former).
5) Probably the power of a god. Maybe she got the 2nd tier powers because she agreed to kill off people with the name Kubera

Honestly so far I've felt we've been in the prologue so we don't have too much info.

As for the question you don't understand. Here's a better look at sentence.

Revo

Ran is a quarter/eighth (forget which) and was probably somehow internally speaking in their language. At least that's what I'd assume.

Also should 100% remove that link.

Azure J

Feeling a way I haven't felt since the Marineford Arc in One Piece looking for new Soma spoilers. It's like I just want to see what lies beyond this arc but I know we're in for the shonen cool down and I'm just hoping to catch glimpses of the part where fun stuff starts moving already.

Meanwhile, Metsuko no Yoroshiku

I love this author's sense of humor. Metsuko is hilarious. :lol

Oresama Teacher Vol.05

I love that we are still getting even more characters in this series. Even more when they are side characters to the side characters and they are basically crazy. I think the only characters not crazy are the girls and that includes our main character and tsundere princess Seo.

Turok_TTZ

I am guessing your not reading this in English :/

if you are though PM me ;))))
PM sent... check your inbox.

Does anyone here buy their manga? where is best place to buy manga?
During my ban, I managed to procure my Negima! omnibus 4 from barnes and noble.

I will soon complete my primary and later on backup collection. Then invest in either gintama or uq holder later...

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso

Why does it feel like the writer is terrorizing the readers with the blond female MC? :'(

The writer knows what the audience wants and has made it pretty clear what's going to happen to the extent that another character was used as a blueprint to tell the male MC exactly what's going to happen. At this point, I imagine an old Dave Chappelle joke where the homeless person on the bus was terrorizing people and I can't help but to feel like the writer is doing the same exact thing with the female MC's fate except unlike Dave's story, I won't be laughing because I know its going to land on my head when things pop off :(

Quasar

Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso

Why does it feel like the writer is terrorizing the readers with the blond female MC? :'(

The writer knows what the audience wants and has made it pretty clear what's going to happen to the extent that another character was used as a blueprint to tell the male MC exactly what's going to happen. At this point, I imagine an old Dave Chappelle joke where the homeless person on the bus was terrorizing people and I can't help but to feel like the writer is doing the same exact thing with the female MC's fate except unlike Dave's story, I won't be laughing because I know its going to land on my head when things pop off :(

i'll admit, I have this hidden desire for the author to be just torturing and teasing the readers about the expected death and that in reality she'll get better. A bit like how some people felt about Fuuka.

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
i'll admit, I have this hidden desire for the author to be just torturing and teasing the readers about the expected death and that in reality she'll get better. A bit like how some people felt about Fuuka.

People might have actually believed in a world before Fuuka happened. Now who the hell knows!

VRMN

Fuuka's death was a twist. Kaori dying would not be a twist.

Hekikai no AiON 1-21

Pretty legit mermaid horrorish (but not really) thing. This is probably Kagesaki Yuna's best work. Way better than Karin at least.

wonzo

Banned
The Little Match Girl 1 + Oneshot

Excellent art but the twisted nature of it took me by surprise, it really shouldn't have tho considering the fairy tale of the same name. Reminded me that I should check out that shoujo horror anthology thing whenever I can remember the name of it.

mjontrix

One Piece

GODA doing work making even a joke character have a great arc and tragic back story

Bleach

Holy shit is it FINALLY HAPPENING? Are we truly entering the final Ichigo vs Yhwach battle

He'll lose here for sure unless he goes vastro lorde on Yhwach . Someone is going to die here for sure. Probs ganju.

And as for the spheres if you're wondering who urahara copied it from...

E24_Kukaku_Ganju_demostrate_orb.jpg

And I think isshin's bankai is the bird depicted on the sphere?

Turok_TTZ

power read stop!! hibari kun!

i regret nothing.

also power read himegoto. afterwardd.

i still regret nothing.

i dislike mori's pace in hajime no ippo. is now time to jump in or now isnt a good time?

Zweizer

Banned
Flying Witch ch16

Radishes are amazing!

Ore ga Ojou-sama Gakkou ni "Shomin Sample" Toshite Rachirareta Ken ch24

Only between a boy and a girl? Boo.

Maid sure is crafty~

Vinland Saga #1

M-m-me gusta.

No idea when blondie removed the dagger from his right hand and moved it to his mouth to grab the sword that was in freefall, tho. Rule of cool it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom