• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTS| Yeah I couldn't come up with a thread title ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fuuka 49

I'm thinking Seo might be better off sticking to romantic drama. An impromptu battle of the bands...sigh.

I can't stand authors that write about things they have no reference for. It's totally obvious that Seo doesn't know anything about music. It's like when I read the Southern Reach trilogy and Vandermmer used all this debunked Psychology bullshit as major plot points.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";150432323]I can't stand authors that write about things they have no reference for. It's totally obvious that Seo doesn't know anything about music. It's like when I read the Southern Reach trilogy and Vandermmer used all this debunked Psychology bullshit as major plot points.[/QUOTE]

What are you talking about? The last time I went to a concert, a different band showed up and demanded a duel. That happens all the time.

dani_dc

Hetakoi 1-END

So this is another one of those "loser MC falls in love with girl" romance/drama mangas.

The premise is basically that the MC ends up seeing a girl, Ruka, passed out and fully naked in an onsen, he then later joins Ruka college Onsen club due to her smile (which makes him fall in love with her) before realizing who she was.

MC eventually declares his love for Ruka, but she postpones answering him because she has lingering feeling for some asshole character in her past. Who of course returns right as she's about to positively reply, leading MC to misunderstand the situation and reacting to said misunderstanding by jumping in bed and starting to date another girl. Said relationship obviously doesn't work so he ultimately ends up with Ruka.

Unfortunately the series failed to build up the relationship between MC and Ruka, there's various scenes with both being together but very little dealing with them growing in terms of personal relationship, so their obsession for each other never feels justified.

There's also very little character development in general, most characters end up very close to where they were when the series started.

The drama twists were all too predictable, it followed the most basic of patterns within this genre, which made it hard for me to care or rage about any of them.

All in all, I have to say that it was a pretty mediocre experience all around.

Tokyo Ghoul:re 15

Somethin is going to go down at this auction. I doubt Kaneki will come back this quickly though.

Kono Shima ni wa Midara de Jaaku na Mono ga Sumu 10

Hahaha what the fuck

Hetakoi 1-END

So this is another one of those "loser MC falls in love with girl" romance/drama mangas.

The premise is basically that the MC ends up seeing a girl, Ruka, passed out and fully naked in an onsen, he then later joins Ruka college Onsen club due to her smile (which makes him fall in love with her) before realizing who she was.

MC eventually declares his love for Ruka, but she postpones answering him because she has lingering feeling for some asshole character in her past. Who of course returns right as she's about to positively reply, leading MC to misunderstand the situation and reacting to said misunderstanding by jumping in bed and starting to date another girl. Said relationship obviously doesn't work so he ultimately ends up with Ruka.

Unfortunately the series failed to build up the relationship between MC and Ruka, there's various scenes with both being together but very little dealing with them growing in terms of personal relationship, so their obsession for each other never feels justified.

There's also very little character development in general, most characters end up very close to where they were when the series started.

The drama twists were all too predictable, it followed the most basic of patterns within this genre, which made it hard for me to care or rage about any of them.

As said before when this series comes up the point in bold is where everything faltered for me (and that includes the return of that asshole). MC fucked up big time while trying to be progressive for the first time ever LOLOLOLOL

As for the second bold: they needed more panel time together to fix this imo but sadly it was used for "OH NOES DRAMA" instead.

dani_dc

Kono Shima ni wa Midara de Jaaku na Mono ga Sumu 10

This chapter begs the question of why Yoruto wasn't also forced into prostitution.

dani_dc

As said before when this series comes up the point in bold is where everything faltered for me (and that include the return of that asshole). MC fucked up big time while trying to be progressive for the first time ever LOLOLOLOL

He didn't even try to hear Ruka out for whatever reason. He was basically "Mister super nice guy" for the entire series except for this very moment. The author just couldn't figure out a decent way to screw the relationship up so we ended up with that.

I also never got why Ruka was so in love with the other guy, the series basically presented their relationship as "She hated him but then they played games so they became in love".

The author wasn't particularly good at developing relationships.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Hetakoi 1-END

:manga:

Quasar

Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso 38

ow3wE7f.png

You know, this is shonen as fuck, for being a "music-themed coming of age melodrama".
Boring chapter, actually. Who cares about this guy and his boring reasons to play,

I liked it. But I like seeing Arimas competitors fleshed out.

Rakudai Kishi no Eiyuutan 10

Good to see they aren't going to beat around the bush about their feelings for the next 100 chapters like so many other series. Also, foreshadowing for major series villain? Could be.

Manga News/Discussion |OT| The thread title I came up with transformed into a Light Novel tittle, now MangaGAF is in danger - It's smut time-

I know it wouldn't fit

rrvv

Manga News/Discussion |OT| Reading Romance Trash

Manga News/Discussion |OT| The thread title I came up with transformed into a Light Novel tittle, now MangaGAF is in danger - It's smut time-

I know it wouldn't fit

Manga News/Discussion |OT| TTTICUWTIALNT, NMGAFIID - IST-

Hetakoi

He didn't even try to hear Ruka out for whatever reason. He was basically "Mister super nice guy" for the entire series except for this very moment. The author just couldn't figure out a decent way to screw the relationship up so we ended up with that.

I assume it was his jealousy toward asshole vagabond that blinded him and once realizing he fucked up then he tried to wallow in his failure by convincing himself otherwise (that was fucking painful to read due to how moronic he was being, hell his butt monkey friend got annoyed by it and beat the shit out of him) lol

But yea for a dude who is willing to wait or doesn't do shit because he usually can't read it or just chills around going with the flow it was kinda funny that his one moment he completely blew it.

I also never got why Ruka was so in love with the other guy, the series basically presented their relationship as "She hated him but then they played games so they became in love".

I guess she saw some good in him even though he was a womanizer? *shrug*

There wasn't even a reason for him either, not like some promise or whatever (iirc he even said dumb shit to get rid of her for some reason).

Keijo 17

LOL

at least she picked up on it, now for the results of this competition and hopefully we get some more Miyata backstory (since that Ring looking girl is still around the place).

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
If you need more conditioning for NTR, I know a few manga that's up to task.

You somehow always know how to take the sanity I worked so hard to maintain away. Go ahead and recommend them, as long as it isn't anything to the point where its blatant h-material, smut/mature is completely fine with me.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
You look like some guy I know but with a moustache

I guess going through puberty does things to a person.

Pretty sad that there isnt a BLue Exorcist this month. How the writer gonna make that huge reveal then take a break like that. Its so wrong :(

I feel fortunate enough to have put Blue Exorcist in my backlog so I can enjoy it to the fullest when the arc finishes.

Be like me and read Punpun.

I don't want to suffer Zweizer, when will you understand that?!?!

Angry Grimace

Manga News/Discussion |OT| Original thread title was hit by a truck

Usobuko

Banned
i'm an NTR guru, but i would still like to hear your suggestions

Have you read these?

Dance Till Tomorrow ( very mild )
Boys on the Run
Kono S wo, Mi yo!
Monkurochou
Moteki
Platform - Endo Hiroki Tanpenshuu

Or anything by Seme Danjou / Mashiraga Aki ?

I don't want to suffer Zweizer, when will you understand that?!?!

Punpun is a different breed.

If you want, you can marathon it along with the likes of Himizu, Farväl Falkenberg ( movie ) and then contemplate
if you still want to live in this world.

iBT8U5R.png

Most of them more or less revolve around this theme. Personally, I think you'll be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom