• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTS| Yeah I couldn't come up with a thread title ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.

LProtag

Liar Game 201

Huh. What a weird ending. I hate how this manga just petered out. It was one of the few I kept up with and really enjoyed.

Busaiku

I'm kinda with DTL on this about curry.
Well, not as strongly, as I don't really feel it was forced, I just don't like it as much.
I like their relationship as more familial, rather than romantic.

Also RIP Takumi.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I'm not going to comment on the rest of your post because even though I disagree with most of it, it's your opinion & that's fine. What I will say though is that just because something happened that you don't like doesn't make it non-canon. I've seen you say this multiple times about different series and it's something that annoys me to no end. Hayama winning is canon whether you like it or not. Your bizzaro definiton of canon is wrong & I wish you would stop using it.

He thinks Soma and Takumi are canonically gay lovers. Try to ignore it.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
onani master kurosawa had the best ending

my man you know whats up

Is Domestic na Kanojo better than Good Ending? Keep in mind that I will have you destroyed if you mislead me.

read it, its so much better.

Tokyo Ghoul:Re Chapter 14

Is it me or does Akira look beautiful, like holy shit. Now that I think about it her character design is brilliant, it just looks so good. God I can't wait when she meets Amon, tears will be flowing.

So we are guessing that the masked vigilante is Amon? This current gourmet arc will be the trigger that will lit the fuse to Haise's own demise.

Reading Eden: It's an Endless World whilst listening to Curtis Mayfield & The Impressions...

giphy.gif

You don't know what you've gotten yourself into. Its terribad homie, run away while you can.

Domestic no Kanojo RAW

Huh..................... those of you that cannot handle NTR must STAY AWAY.

Right up my alley...
Excuse me while I prepare my tissues for my crying

Ore ga Ojou-sama Gakkou ni "Shomin Sample" Toshite Rachirareta Ken 24

Future telling never lies.

But then maid-sama blows everyone out of the park.

Will read this.

Noramimi
Chinggis Khan
Prison School
Koukoku no Shugosha

Will read all of these! I'm already reading PS though... Gdlk as usual.

I finally made it to the Wall of Shame. Where are you my fellow comrades?!?!

Mill 16

It was too little too late, Mill

Sudden arrival of ex-girlfriend at the end! Interesting

Must read.

My new avatar. Been out of the loop for a week since life started kicking in. What else have I missed?

Revo

Would that really be considered exposition? I honestly feel like there wasn't that much new info. But whateve's one more life down.

Whatever you call it, it was definitely a life that was just there for the plot (and thankfully was only one chapter). Exposition was probably the wrong word.

Boku Girl 38

Well I'm glad it didn't get passed over through a ditz moment.

dani_dc

Boku Girl 38

I'm shocked that Loki didn't change MC gender during the exposure.
Seemed like the fun thing to do.

Glad the story is going forward though, wonder what's coming ahead.

Yeah, I catched the reference quite fast. Actually I felt that the manga already had some social commentary (not political) in, for me it was clear the author intent of commenting about capitalism and individualism. So the ending, though had several references to the chinese actual goverment (which also is the perfect example of a new born capitalism king except in name), felt more a commentary over the actual status quo in our world, where an elite seems to govern and decide what goverments should do, is not the illuminati theory, but you may remember what happened in Europe, where the speculation of the debt in some countries had devastating effects in our economy.

Given the recent popular movements in differen parts of the earth, and how it questioned the actual status quo (we just had the greece case, in which a new political party won the elections debanking the 2 major parties for like 30 years and with promises to fight the dictamens and decisions of this elite), I feel that was the intention.

The problem is not the message but the delivery, the whole documentary thing was almost laughable, it was played as some sort of very clever plot twist but it ended as was one of the worst Shyamalan-like twist I saw.

Thanks for the post. Yes, while i can appreciate author intent, i still think the execution is very lacking. The setup for the whole reveal, and the fact that the game not as intriguing as the previous game. If the author put the foreshadow or hint throughout the game, instead of just putting in a latest chapter, i think the ending will be perceived better. As of now, it feel very abrupt.

This is where I stand as well. I caught the references while reading, but the issue was that the ending itself wasn't well executed within the series.

Zweizer

Banned
Shokugeki no Soma ch104

I wonder what a team composed of these three can make.

Spirit Circle ch32

A shame this life is so short. I wanted to see some more exploration in the slight differences, even if it wouldn't contribute much to the story.

Boku Girl ch38

Another yuri route opened!

Red String ch12

Maids are always so strong nowadays.

Frog-fu

Banned
You don't know what you've gotten yourself into. Its terribad homie, run away while you can.

The story definitely lost its steam 3/4 of the way and the plot got a tad convoluted, but I think it's a pretty solid 8/10 manga. Nowhere near terribad or terrible, or even bad.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Spirit CIrcle 32
Alien, and rule 63 of the cast.
Nothing much happening, as stated by Fortuna.

Boku Girl latest

She now know the truth!

Jitsu wa watashi wa 63-64

Sensei ideal man sure is something out of 80's shojo manga.
That shiptease though...

Usobuko

Banned
Mob Psycho 100 Chapter 1

Mpd Psycho this is not. It's very funny, this author is gifted in his craft.

Right up my alley...
Excuse me while I prepare my tissues for my crying

If you need more conditioning for NTR, I know a few manga that's up to task.

LProtag

Sorry for the ridiculous multi-quote but I think given the reactions you guys are very disappointed with the ending and if I just wrote a normal post, it's likely that it will be overlooked. Now, I can't guarantee if you will like this interpretation of Liar Game's ending but I am pretty sure there will be never be a sequel for Liar Game. I think the author intend is bring attention to China's authoritarian regime.

1. Top left panel on page 2 in Chapter 201 is a hint to Tiananmen Square protests

u6FycVw.jpg

2. The novel in question in liar game was published 25 years ago which coincide with the above incident date.

3. The producer that was murdered is of chinese descent.

These 3 points were very obvious to the chinese readers ( including taiwanese folks ) so there was quite some out-roar on this ending. There are also a few who doesn't like political stuff to be shoehorned into this manga.

But I think most of this is a pre-emptive strike by the author because if the manga Liar Game is indeed censored by the chinese government in any form because of its content, it would be like an replicate of the events in the manga. This is why I doubt there will ever be a sequel. Or if you look at this from another angle, I think Akiyama once criticised about the attitude of 'being indifference to others' in real life or Liar Game. So perhaps the author is doing the same thing here or at least subtly advocating people not to.

I was thinking the author was going for something along the lines of "IT'S HAPPENING IN REAL LIFE!" with the abrupt ending like that. Thanks for providing some context.

VRMN

Fuuka 49

I'm thinking Seo might be better off sticking to romantic drama. An impromptu battle of the bands...sigh.

Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso 38

ow3wE7f.png

You know, this is shonen as fuck, for being a "music-themed coming of age melodrama".
Boring chapter, actually. Who cares about this guy and his boring reasons to play,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom