• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTS| Yeah I couldn't come up with a thread title ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.
Suzuka 61-70

You know I liked some parts of KNIM even though I disliked it. But this I fuckin hate it soooooooooo much, like holy shit. I usually never want a MC to fail so badly, but here I wanted Yamato to lose against Arima so bad. And it actually happened and he also wasn't able to go to the tournament. I felt so fuckin satisfied ahahahahaha. Fuck his confession he'll just only get rejected.

It also seems like Honoka is moving on. Thank god because that piece of shit doesn't deserve her. And amen for Honoka (Based) calling out Suzuka because it was about time she understands how shitty she is. But too bad that won't change Suzuka's bitchy self. We then get Yamato kissing Suzuka but alas he gets slapped. Though they really do deserve each other since they are both terrible characters.

So yeah fuck Yamato and Suzuka. I really do dread reading this manga.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Minamoto-kun Monogatari 142 RAW

143 is where its gonna escalate quickly

Minamoto-kun Monogatari 143 RAW
500px-Anchorman-well-that-escalated-quickly.jpg

But not in the way I was expecting

dani_dc

Mob Psycho 100 CH 69

Reigen is the ultimate player.

This was bound to happen, hard to see it being fixed without making Mob backtrack his growth, so we're up to some interesting times ahead.

Narag

Gundam Sousei

5LcH7W0.jpg

I'm not much of a manga fan as my personal preference veers towards anime as I tend to enjoy all aspects of a production, good or bad, and if I'm reading something, I'd prefer it to simply be historical non-fiction or biographical. It never occurred to me that perhaps manga offered such a thing until this was recommended to me by either wonzo or dresden, possibly both, some months back. This put me in a bind however as, in the past, I often declined manga recommendations under various pretenses as it not being my thing or having made a vow to a dying friend to never read manga as he didn't want my life to head in the direction his did. I ended up cornered in IRC though as this combined my love of biography, history, and Gundam into one tidy package. I was forced to confess my sad pathetic secret to the channell: I couldn't read manga. Unlike so many others, I'd never been taught how to as a child so being able to as an adult forever eluded me. Sure, I could look at the pictures and piece together a story in my head but that's no way to appreciate a work properly let alone accurately. The advent of learning what this was about and my subsequent confession was humbling as both wonzo and dresden were receptive and sympathetic to this shortcoming of mine and both offered to tutor me in this craft.

I believe it took three to four months for me to gain base proficiency and my mentors showed great patience along the way as they answered the various questions I had such as where the color had gone, why the panels were sequenced backwards, and, most embarrassing in retrospect, why the images didn't move. I had never quite grasped why until then, often writing it off as adherence to old tradition rather than a limit of the format itself. However,It was to my great delight when wonzo shared various One Punch Man gifs with me later to show me what the future held. I couldn't have asked for a better birthday present.

But I digress, this manga was so wonderful. I'd never really knew just how troubled the production of Gundam was, knowing only second hand information about its cancellation and rebroadcast later. Tomino's quite a character and his forceful personality let him persevere through situations that would have crushed a lesser man. Truth is stranger than fiction, they say, and that adage held up in this completely accurate historical account of the events of '78-'81. Hell, it made me feel like a better Gundam fan to have read it.

I also really appreciated the Itano chapters, often stopping to look up his key animation from the TV series and marveling at how it was a level above the other work present. I think I'll probably see if I can't hunt down an Itano Gundam super-cut to go over later but that's more for the anime thread than this one.

As satisfying as this was, I've no idea if I'll continue with other manga as most don't seem to hold much appeal but IRC has been kind enough to make various suggestions appealing to my narrow tastes. I might follow up on such works as Tezuka's Buddha or Yoshikazu Yasuhiko's Alexandros. What's caught my attention most, if anything, is there's apparently some biographical manga about Junichiro Koizumi I might check out.

Suzuka 71-80

Thanks God Honoka has officially moved on and has gone towards becoming an idol. You've done good. Also screw that shit Yamato in thinking that Honoka is helpless without him. Because she ain't and has moved on towards a goal without him. Also Hattori a bro.

Why the fuck does Yamato tell Suzuka not to got to the grave to see Kazuki aggressively. He doesn't have the right to tell her that, it just makes him seem like a dickish stalker. And what do you know the dead guy gets NTR'd with bitchy Suzuka saying she likes Yamato more than him arrogantly. Does she not have any respect for the dead. Like you don't say that in front of a grave mockingly. So yeah fuck Suzuka and Yamato.

Also idiot Yamato manipulates Hashiba's feelings without any consideration. So yeah we end up seeing Yamato and Suzuka going out together........ Worst fuckin couple ever.

Gundam Sousei

5LcH7W0.jpg

As satisfying as this was, I've no idea if I'll continue with other manga as most don't seem to hold much appeal but IRC has been kind enough to make various suggestions appealing to my narrow tastes. I might follow up on such works as Tezuka's Buddha or Yoshikazu Yasuhiko's Alexandros. What's caught my attention most, if anything, is there's apparently some biographical manga about Junichiro Koizumi I might check out.

There is Gundam Build Fighters A manga showing how Tatsuya became the third Meijin.

And there is Front Mission: Dog Life & Dog Style for more mecha goodness but its pretty dark.

wonzo

Banned
Japan Tengu Party Illustrated 22-28 END

There's really no word in the english language for just how special this is so i'mma leave it at saying this was one of, if not the best comic I've ever read. Simply phenomenal from beginning to end.

Rhapsody

Banned
After watching Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso, I'm going to refrain from reading it until the season finishes.

Gonna try and dodge any spoilers from here. lol

wonzo

Banned
After watching Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso, I'm going to refrain from reading it until the season finishes.

Gonna try and dodge any spoilers from here. lol
the kimiuso anime's 2 cour and it's adapting all of the manga (which just finished/finishes in a month or so [not sure])

Rhapsody

Banned
the kimiuso anime's 2 cour and it's adapting all of the manga (which just finished/finishes in a month or so [not sure])

Hm... this is weakening my self control on not reading it lol

Although that makes me happy hearing that. I didn't want the anime to just end prematurely or have some anime only ending.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Yandere Kanojo 65

So wait, this wasn't an NTR situation at all? Wow, this was more complicated than it looked. I feel bad for everyone involved.

Suzuka 81-90

Hooooooooooooooly shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit Yui the new girl that's introduced is infinitely better that Suzuka. Suzuka is like in the negatives while Yui is in the infinities fuckin top tier. Also for some reason she reminds me of Azuka from KNIM. Yeah fuck Suzuka.

I really don't know how idiot Yamato can still openly welcome Suzuka's bullshit attitude. Even through 90 chapters she still hasn't developed and gets mad at every fuckin thing even if it's unnecessary. Shit if Yamato was based he would of dumped Suzuka because of her bullshit and went with Yui. Suzuka is like a contagious disease that needs to be ridden of. Too bad the MC is too dumb to realize this.Also what's up with Suzuka giving Yamato a kiss but then slapping him. Does she not know how to give affection properly.

Seriously my only saving grace right about now is Yui and I know what's gonna happen. Fuck this manga why can't a girl like Yui or any other that's not Suzuka win ;_; Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuk yooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooou Suzuka!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've never hated a female character so much like I have with Suzuka.

Nordicus

Yandere Kanojo 65

Okay, I need to re-read how shit went down after the letter was discovered because this is not what I expected

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom