• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTS| Yeah I couldn't come up with a thread title ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Catching up on Assassination Classroom

Is it me, or does this feel like the endgame is starting up?
The class is dealing with an insanely strong assassin that can take them out effortlessly, there's only a few months left until Koro-Sensei blows up the earth, they set-up the last exam against Class A...
Maybe I'm just over-thinking.

Irina is really putting the bitch in Bitch-Sensei.

zeromcd73

Shokugeki 90
CztPpr0.png

Soma going for the Nakiri sandwich special

Naruto
tumblr_ndk5mhHDf61qm74pno1_400.png

So close, why wont Kishimoto put it into words, were already even at the late point of this. I do hope we do just get them both back to ground level on equal footing. I love this high climax action of huge setpiece but if we go back to the basics, then I bet Sasuke will finally understand his feelings and do what he knows he needs to do instead of this avenger ordeal. No way he seriously wants to be a loner like that, especially if hes calling Naruto out on having to cope with his lack of Sasuke with Shadow Clones to keep him company all these years.

Catching up on Assassination Classroom

Is it me, or does this feel like the endgame is starting up?
The class is dealing with an insanely strong assassin that can take them out effortlessly, there's only a few months left until Koro-Sensei blows up the earth, they set-up the last exam against Class A...
Maybe I'm just over-thinking.

Irina is really putting the bitch in Bitch-Sensei.

Woah

catching up on AC

man I give you my respect that thing is heavily boring imho

Edit: Well I can't judge peoples likes and dislikes though :/

Shokugeki no Soma 90
B0Hjhp1CAAAjL7E.png

How can anyone dislike Kurokiba Ryou, Hayama is gonna be incinerated easily. His nose cant last against such firey, burning, exciting cooking from the third best in the series.

All his panels, and his hair, and looks for his faces. Reread twice.

--

Will be mad if this gets a bad character designer for the anime, they could easily ruin Kurokiba :(

kasane

MANGAF AVATAR SHOKUGEKI

Curry Guy VS Evil Soma

Losers wear an avatar of the winning character (must be art from the manga) for one week after the chapter debut. Reply if you're man enough to put your food where your mouth is. Specify that you're actually betting on this and not just rooting for one of the two.

If you're currently serving out a bet, I ask you to tack on the sentence from this bet in front of your current sentence(s). Since it's only one week, there shouldn't be much of a problem doing it first before returning to your previous bet. Also it's more funny if everyone changes their avatar at the same time.

Curry Guy
Haly
Dresden
Antiwhippy
dani_dc

Evil Soma
Shengar
Envelope
striferser
rrvv

FUCKING CURRY DUDE

I AINT BACKING OUT BREH!

Sayonara, Itoshi no My Friend 12 (end)
B0HoGTgCEAAytN1.png

Fantastic manga all the way through. The development of one who was living life just by routine and trying to get by while harboring some feelings of feeling less accomplished than his brother and a disappointment to his family, ended up blossoming into a vibrant, exciting, and cute tale of friendship, bonds, and just growing up a bit as he came out of his shell a bit. The developing relationship from adults just coming to be friends with one another and eventually close lovers on a emotional rollercoaster ride made it a really memorable manga. Really close moments, exciting times, sad emotional times, and even revealing times worked in unison to create a wonderful manga. Definitely one of the best manga Ive encountered in 2014.

dani_dc

Historie! Everyone should read Historie.
No.
It's too painful to wait for a new chapter each month after you catch up.
MANGAF AVATAR SHOKUGEKI

Curry Guy VS Evil Soma

Losers wear an avatar of the winning character (must be art from the manga) for one week after the chapter debut. Reply if you're man enough to put your food where your mouth is. Specify that you're actually betting on this and not just rooting for one of the two.

If you're currently serving out a bet, I ask you to tack on the sentence from this bet in front of your current sentence(s). Since it's only one week, there shouldn't be much of a problem doing it first before returning to your previous bet. Also it's more funny if everyone changes their avatar at the same time.

Curry Guy
Haly
Dresden
Antiwhippy
dani_dc
kasane

Evil Soma
Shengar
Envelope
striferser
rrvv

I'm happy to see superior husbando has the biggest
losing
fanbase.
Let's go curry!

Soma 90

f9b1724442.png

NAKIRI SANDWICH
And lol at Meat and Tadokoro getting jealous of Soma hanging with high society

Jitsu wa Watashi wa 47

Does this count as progress?

Dead Dead Demon's Dededededestruction 9

e6d33fa112.jpg

Holy shit are those the opening lyrics to FUCKING TOUGH BOY

Nana to Kaoru 120

Thought the girl Tachi was talking to was Nana until the last page
I guess "Track and Field" was code for S&M?

Weiss

Banned
So I just read a series called (for real) Dead Dead Demon's Dededededestruction, and it's awesome. It's a slice of life series set in the midst of a bizarre alien invasion.

EDIT: Oh God just noticed it being discussed above me. I am not alone in my appreciation of this!

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
MANGAF AVATAR SHOKUGEKI

Curry Guy VS Evil Soma

Curry Guy
Haly
Dresden
Antiwhippy
dani_dc
kasane

Evil Soma
Shengar
Envelope
striferser
rrvv

I want to say Evil Soma, but something is telling me Curry Guy

N.H.K. ni Youkoso! - 06-10

So the suicide cult arc differed quite a bit from the anime. I'd say the anime left a bigger impact in showing the tense drama on the choice of committing suicide or not, however, the manga went into more depth with Misaki in conversing with Yamazaki which was both interesting and fun to read. Speaking of Misaki I really enjoy her character more in the manga, and not just for the more information given (which was sorely lacking in the anime). She is shown to have a personality and motivations that go further than just being a typical moe-caricature.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I finally finished Heaven's Feel. Goddamn that normal end is depressing as shit.

dani_dc

So I just read a series called (for real) Dead Dead Demon's Dededededestruction, and it's awesome. It's a slice of life series set in the midst of a bizarre alien invasion.

EDIT: Oh God just noticed it being discussed above me. I am not alone in my appreciation of this!
Going to start reading soon, enjoyed Oyasumi Punpun quite a lot, I imagine it's completely different considering your description, but I'd recommend to give it a look either way.

I want to say Evil Soma, but something is telling me Curry Guy
I felt the exact opposite, I went with my heart.
Seafood curry is delicious.
And yet its still inferior to actual Curry. Seafood bringing Curry down.

Fairy Tail 1-18

Started reading this for whatever reason... and it's pretty entertaining? I haven't read a long-running shonen in a while so it's kind of refreshing actually, lol

Stretch 26-27

We all know why you're not interested in being popular among guys. The yuri dream is still alive.

upandaway

Shokugeki no Curry

I don't even know why you keep calling him curry guy. Hayama is a perfectly memorable name.

My avatar is currently doing therapy recovery so I can't bet, but y'all silly if you think Hayama isn't winning.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
thank godi recognize you by your tag

Well, i guess my tag is useful for identifying me :p

Shokugeki no Soma

So... is duck any good?
I'd ask eel, but I'm not a fan of seafood.

Pretty good comedy scenes between Soma and Erina.

Hayama's sense of smell would decimate the blind taste test on Hell's Kitchen. Everyone sucks in that one...
And Kurokiba is awesome.

Yes, it's good. I love peking duck.
Eel is also good.

Can't wait to see Dark Edgy Soma lose the battle and having him become the protagonist of this game as a result

Hey now, even dark soma is not that edgy

Which one is that?

After seeing this chapter, Soma vs Evil Soma is probably going to be the finals. Why? Curry Guy's ego needs to be taken down a peg. That's what his arc's been building up to and I thought Soma would be the one to do that. Evil Soma doesn't really "gain" anything by losing to Curry Guy. Since these battles are all about character development, it would make more sense if Evil Soma receives his character development from Soma, since they were both raised in the kitchen, than Curry Guy, who has no strong philosophy to impose on Evil Soma.

I'm going to lose, orz.

Yeah, this is why i choose Evil Soma as the winner.
It's going to be him, and the fight between Soma and curry guy can be postponed for later fight.

Moe, but we all know moe is not enough to defeat Kurokiba

MANGAF AVATAR SHOKUGEKI

Curry Guy VS Evil Soma

Curry Guy
Haly
Dresden
Antiwhippy
dani_dc
kasane
Angry Grimace

Evil Soma
Shengar
Envelope
striferser
rrvv

It's most likely going to be Kurokiba. Soma vs Evil Soma just seems like the more epic final battle. I just can't see Hayama facing Soma.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
It's not about what is and isn't likely.

It's about where your heart is.

You have to follow the call of the wind.

Angry Grimace

Shokugeki no Curry

I don't even know why you keep calling him curry guy. Hayama is a perfectly memorable name.

My avatar is currently doing therapy recovery so I can't bet, but y'all silly if you think Hayama isn't winning.

The biggest reason is because there's no particular grudge between Kurokiba and Souma.

MANGAF AVATAR SHOKUGEKI

Curry Guy VS Evil Soma

Curry Guy
Haly
Dresden
Antiwhippy
dani_dc
kasane
Angry Grimace

Evil Soma
Shengar
Envelope
striferser
rrvv
nabe_shogun

I'm going to BET Evil soma. At least I'll get hayama as avatar if I lose :p

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Seafood curry is awesome yo!

Shokugeki no soma 90
Yeah, i guess i have another reason to pick Kurokiba. Unlike Hayama, he is not depending on his innate talent like god tongue or god nose. He become what he is by honing his basic skills without talent. A true hardworker, a passionate guy. Hayama acting all high and mighty make me want him to lose this fight.

WRECK HIS SHIT KUROKIBA!

Angry Grimace

Seafood curry is awesome yo!

Shokugeki no soma 90
Yeah, i guess i have another reason to pick Kurokiba. Unlike Hayama, he is not depending on his innate talent like god tongue or god nose. He become what he is by honing his basic skills without talent. A true hardworker, a passionate guy. Hayama acting all high and mighty make me want him to lose this fight.

WRECK HIS SHIT KUROKIBA!

The problem is he has no particular fight with Souma and he doesn't have a particularly recognizable skill that Souma can do anything to fight against. Although I think Souma loses in the finals regardless of who it is.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
The problem is he has no particular fight with Souma and he doesn't have a particularly recognizable skill that Souma can do anything to fight against. Although I think Souma loses in the finals regardless of who it is.

For now, i think we need more chapter to focus on Kurokiba backstory.

Regarding Soma lose, yeah, i'm guessing he's probably going to lose to have character development. And, not to mention we can't reach the endgame just yet! Unless there some new plot like top ten elite are tasked to fight against other cooking school of darkness. Now that will be funny shit.

Angry Grimace

For now, i think we need more chapter to focus on Kurokiba backstory.

Regarding Soma lose, yeah, i'm guessing he's probably going to lose to have character development. And, not to mention we can't reach the endgame just yet! Unless there some new plot like top ten elite are tasked to fight against other cooking school of darkness. Now that will be funny shit.

I'm not really sure what Eizan's role is here. He's been presented as an enemy but he hasn't done anything.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Curry Guy
Haly
Dresden
Antiwhippy
dani_dc
kasane
Angry Grimace

Evil Soma
Shengar
Envelope
striferser
rrvv
nabe_shogun
Paradise Brunch

Look at these brave, beautiful, gourmand motherfuckers.

Let me know if I missed anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom