• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTS| Yeah I couldn't come up with a thread title ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shengar

Bakukon Arui wa Bakutama ni Tsuite by Radiohead.

Let's just say that it's got the maximum :Lain rating.

As I just awake from morning slumber, such uncareful, unsightly search of this name have caused such image to be etched upon my head.
Th-thanks zweizer.

Zweizer

Banned
Yep, that one.

He also has a webpage selling his manga too but they are in JPN language.

Not that any of his works are getting translated.

Not to my knowledge. I hadn't heard the name of the author until now.

Well, now you have a whole lot of yandere
h-
manga to read!

As I just awake from morning slumber, such uncareful, unsightly search of this name have caused such image to be etched upon my head.
Th-thanks zweizer.

You're welcome!

If you want something to soothe your mind, read Hinamatsuri.

Red Blood Red Legacy 26
B0HDWQYCcAAaIZK.png

Finally were making progress with contracts and more. I still think best friend is just a spy and will defect.

Torture scene was a bit too much though...

Naruto 696

Oh wow, his super attack was a super Rasengan, new grounds being broken here

Bleach 601

Was excited after Aizen spoiler, got most lame and generic sword power of all time

One Piece 764

That Devil Fruit is possibly the best one for an Assassin. Wonder if it will show up later.
Corazon seems pretty cool, and we got some, just a little, info on D.
Marejois for final arc.

District Hakkenshi [code:T-8] episode 46

Wow Sousukes a healer, I didnt remember that from all my hakkenden experience. Or maybe I forget. Too bad he takes the pain, I wonder what Shino would say.

Naruto 696

Oh wow, his super attack was a super Rasengan, new grounds being broken here

Bleach 601

Was excited after Aizen spoiler, got most lame and generic sword power of all time

One Piece 764

That Devil Fruit is possibly the best one for an Assassin. Wonder if it will show up later.
Corazon seems pretty cool, and we got some, just a little, info on D.
Marejois for final arc.

I bet Kubo is waiting for the best time to make Aizen's reveal a mindfuck.

Though in reality he's probably just waiting to troll us.

Soma

Nickelodeon [End]

This series ending and (if I'm to believe comments from other places) Voynich Hotel apparently ending soon...
LNvRoYh.png

Anyways quirky chapter as always. A deceptively straightforward chapter at first but with some interesting little details and nods to previous chapters if readers look a little closer and somehow ends up coming full circle in a collection of random stories with little to no connectivity amongst them all. It kinda represents the odd beauty of the writing in this series and with a lot of Dowman's other works in general. A lot of scenarios come off as random for the sake of random but if you look hard enough you start seeing some semblance of meaning to it leading people to have different interpretations of what the fuck they just read. He works with some interesting themes and references other things whether it be something from Japanese culture or some mythological story. It works most of the time and usually ends up with a pretty unique product.

It's weird, sometimes disturbing, sometimes heartwarming (sometimes all at once!). But in the end it's just Dowman Sayman.

smurfx

get some go again
one piece

wonder if the celestials don't like garp being a marine. saul already betrayed the marines so there were probably many that were against garp moving up the ranks. anyways i fully expect garp to end up fighting the world government at the end.

Shengar

one piece

wonder if the celestials don't like garp being a marine. saul already betrayed the marines so there were probably many that were against garp moving up the ranks. anyways i fully expect garp to end up fighting the world government at the end.

Since he fighting the most dangerous of D at the time, I don't think the celestials were against him being a high ranking marine. Garp could become an admiral if only he accepted promotion from Kong. Well, but that was the past and now since there isn't any other D that Gard would fight, and most likely he would turn his back against the celestials (not the Marine though I believe, since Garp is a marine to the heart!) when conflict is inevitable.

kasane

Soma 90

dark some is shit

go curry dude

and of course they brag about dark soma's intensity towards competition but soma probably surpassed that cause hes the mc and his dad is badass as fuck

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I bet Kubo is waiting for the best time to make Aizen's reveal a mindfuck.

Though in reality he's probably just waiting to troll us.

The ultimate troll:
Aizen just shows up and says "sup?"
No major mindfuck twist, he's just there.
Fanbase: WHAT?!

wWxsFdh.png

And we once again return to the usual husband and wife antics.

But this time we get a sneak peak at seeing the loser girls realize they never had a chance to win the Somabowl.

v9FdO09.png

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Shokugeki no Soma

So... is duck any good?
I'd ask eel, but I'm not a fan of seafood.

Pretty good comedy scenes between Soma and Erina.

Hayama's sense of smell would decimate the blind taste test on Hell's Kitchen. Everyone sucks in that one...
And Kurokiba is awesome.

Soma 90

Dark Soma is going to win this

I was somewhat debating before with the Spice guy but Alice's husbando is likely going to face Erina's husbando in the finals

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
MANGAF AVATAR SHOKUGEKI

Curry Guy VS Evil Soma

Losers wear an avatar of the winning character (must be art from the manga) for one week after the chapter debut. Reply if you're man enough to put your food where your mouth is. Specify that you're actually betting on this and not just rooting for one of the two.

If you're currently serving out a bet, I ask you to tack on the sentence from this bet in front of your current sentence(s). Since it's only one week, there shouldn't be much of a problem doing it first before returning to your previous bet. Also it's more funny if everyone changes their avatar at the same time.

Curry Guy
Haly
Dresden
Antiwhippy
dani_dc
kasane
Angry Grimace

Evil Soma
Shengar
Envelope
striferser
rrvv
nabe_shogun
Paradise Brunch

Soma

people still think that any girl will actually "win" in shokugeki no soma?

i've never seen a protagonist more disinterested in his harem.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Do I have to post that scene from Howard the Duck?
Which one is that?

After seeing this chapter, Soma vs Evil Soma is probably going to be the finals. Why? Curry Guy's ego needs to be taken down a peg. That's what his arc's been building up to and I thought Soma would be the one to do that. Evil Soma doesn't really "gain" anything by losing to Curry Guy. Since these battles are all about character development, it would make more sense if Evil Soma receives his character development from Soma, since they were both raised in the kitchen, than Curry Guy, who has no strong philosophy to impose on Evil Soma.

I'm going to lose, orz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom