• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTS| Yeah I couldn't come up with a thread title ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Nickelodeon END

Uh
I don't really know how to feel about this one, but a lot of the stories were pretty what the fuck. Especially the one about the village inside the girls stomach.
It was okay? Or not for me? I still read it all though.

You should read the voynich hotel.

You should read the voynich hotel.

I think I will after I speed through and catch up on another short series

Gundam Build Fighters Amazing 01
759dbca160.jpg

A manga about gunpla.

wonzo

Banned
No. 5 27-37 END

A most beautiful story made of pure empathy for humanity, warts and all. The best Matsumoto series I've read thus far (heard takemitsu zamurai's even better but he didnt really write that (i think?) so *shrugs*)

dani_dc

Tokyo Ghoul: re 2

So I'm guessing the serpent is someone we know.
Otheewise not top much to say, we're still in an introduction stage of this new arc, don't have many feelings for any characters either way.

Kyuur

You guys reading Tokyo Ghoul Re need to give it some time! We're only 2 chapters, it'll get tied in.

Haise's RC level is crazy. Can't wait to find out what his deal is. With a rating that high he must be pretty much a Ghoul in terms of eating. Serpent seems very interesting as well. If only chapters could come faster. :(

Gundam Build Fighters Amazing 3

Meijin (I will never stop calling him that) is like 7 in this and has already become a master of paneling and fine detailing, knows how rail guns work and studied real military equipment, and builds custom gunpla models.

He really takes this shit seriously.
Eat your heart out Nils Nielsen

Also his friend looks like Killua

ShiraYuki PaniMix! 01-12

A normal guy and his sister fall into a mirror, find a sleeping princess, he kisses her (I think) and her mother appears and announces they are married.

Supposedly it's should be like a Snow White story expect that's kinda dropped midway. It's not bad though. Not on the level of like LN trashy trash. I did enjoy some moments of it, like throwing an owl to attack a giant spider. That was the best.

wonzo

Banned
Kumamiko 3

To deny this incredibly cunning bear the chance to procreate… ;-;

Ohana Holoholo 8-9

About damn time Michiru actually started doing something about her fickle relationship!

Miss Sunflower 23-24

Guess it wouldn't be a Yuri story with some (fairly light) angst.

You guys reading Tokyo Ghoul Re need to give it some time! We're only 2 chapters, it'll get tied in.

Haise's RC level is crazy. Can't wait to find out what his deal is. With a rating that high he must be pretty much a Ghoul in terms of eating. Serpent seems very interesting as well. If only chapters could come faster. :(

Everything hints to Haise being Kaneki. His RC level being high shows that he's definitely a real half ghoul unlike the other investigators. Also the fact he didn't eat his own cooked meal adds to him being a half ghoul. So much information is given in this chapter. Can't wait for more.

Gonna write my impressions later on when I finish reading 30 chapters of Suzuka.

Gundam Build Fighters Amazing 6

4c44ff8767.jpg

Turn A spotted.

This is really damn good for a spinoff/backstory manga. Guy draws mechs and action very well, and there's some good callbacks here.

Ral isn't in it so it can only go so far though

Antiwhippy

Kuroshitsuji 98

I feel like there's probably an easier way to get your pre-teen daughter to develop weapons of mass destruction other than constructing a fake life (complete with a fake village!).

But that's just me.

dani_dc

Suzuka 100-120

Yui storyline was satisfying, I never saw Yamato anywhere near as happy as when he was working with Yui. So of course he had no interest in her.

Suzuka not telling Yamato about going to America was odd in the best and straight out offensive in the worst of cases.

For awhile I was siding with Yamato regarding Suzuka being a bitch to him out of nowhere.
Then it turns out that he FORGOT HER BIRTHDAY and didn't recall it until OVER A MONTH LATER when she was leaving to America.
At this point I think Yamato rights to date someone should be revoked, you can't fuck up a relationship that badly even if you were trying.

Yamato thinking about how his relationship was just arguing with Suzuka and then being depressed when they break up was extremely amusing.
Been there.

Yui confession was the best confession of love ever.
Yes, I know, double standards and all, if it was a dude I'd be thinking awfully of him, but I don't care, I'm a hypocrite, this was very attractive.

Either way, surprisingly Yamato refuses, he's an stalker sexual offender so I expected him to jump on that, then I remembered this was a Seo manga so there won't be any sex until everything is perfect.

He really should had reconsidered shooting down Yui, as I mentioned earlier, he was way happier whenever he was with Yui than every single happy moment he had Suzuka had put together.

Who was the idiot that had the idea of making Yamato, the slacker, the captain?
He hasn't achieved anything in two years and he only ever made an effort when he wanted to date Suzuka. Putting his as captain to try and draw out his potential is an insult to everyone else that's actually there making an effort, and also risking the club activity results.

Honoka is back, hopefully she won't be after Yamato this time. How convenient that she gets to skip school for the entire time Yamato and Suzuka were dating to do photowork(what kind of school system would even allow this?).

Suzuka 91-120 So Much Rage

Guys why do I have this deep sensation of hate for Suzuka. I mean when I see a terrible character I'm like meh but Suzuka is all together a different beast. I fuckin passionately hate every aspect of her. No fuckin redeeming qualities. I just want her to evaporate and disappear into thin air. Which is why I was absolutely happy when she left for America because we won't have to see her good for nothing shitty self for a bit. This shit doesn't deserve to be a main character sheesh.

Anyways Yamato's and Suzuka's relationship is one of the worst I've seen in manga or anything. Like I know it's natural to have arguments in a relationship. But they fuckin argue in almost every goddamn scene to the point it becomes tedious. The other character aren't even surprised to see them have arguments because its a frequent occurrence. What the living fuck your supposed to talk about your problems instead of keeping quiet around each other about it. And by doing that you won't have any progress in the fuckin relationship because you dumb imbeciles aren't doing anything about it. Suzuka why the fuck would you not tell Yamato about going to America. I would understand if it were a little secret of some sort, but your going to America for one whole fuckin year. If this isn't important to tell your boyfriend I don't know what is. Also Yamato are you a fuckin lost case because why the hell would you forget about your girlfriend's birthday. First you forget about Christmas now this, what the hell dude. Anyways I was fully satisfied when they broke up because really their relationship is thoroughly unhealthy. It's fuckin toxic with neither one happy. Also out of the two I hate Suzuka so much.It was also nice seeing Honoka grow so much. Thank god she moved on from that idiot.

Yui is one of the relatable characters in this manga. She's was my ray of hope that kept me going from this shit. Her character is energetic and really likeable. Her smiles always feel genuine and real. Though when Suzuka does it I just want to throw my fuckin iPad at the wall. Its just so fake when she does it that it annoys me. Anyways Yui's character interactions with Yamato felt the most happiest and genuine. Yamato was actually happy with Yui than any other character he's been with especially Suzuka. I mean a character even commented on how nicely and happily both Yamato and Yui worked together. Yui's confession was also fuckin awesome as she had the guts to say that to him. Based Yui. But considering this is a Seo manga it came with a fuck you. Like what the fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuk, yoooooooooooooooooooooooou piece of shit. Why the hell would you make Yui cry she's like the best girl. She actually made you happy unlike that poor excuse of a ex girlfriend who made you unhappy. You said your the worst, but in actuality your fuckin trash. Can't even tell when a girl actually cares for you. Yui I hope the best for you. You truly are the best girl.

Man fuck this manga for doing shit like this, like I knew it was gonna happen but still. If it were a competent Mangaka he would of went fuck you to Suzuka and went with Yui. But no since its Seo he has to add this bullshit drama and screw with characters like Yui. Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck! Man this is the first time I've wrote this many fucks before.

Usobuko

Banned
Always remember there are some mangaka out that love to torment the readers. Be glad Seo is kinda mild on that aspect and seems to be doing it for the $ by dragging it out.

Always remember there are some mangaka out that love to torment the readers. Be glad Seo is kinda mild on that aspect and seems to be doing it for the $ by dragging it out.

Pretty much. Drama is the way Seo drags things out. Can't be ending the manga too soon, he'll make less money.

Antiwhippy

Magnet na Watashitachi

A manga featuring a girl helping, and falling in love with, an anti-scoial lolicon guy who really likes children.

Short but cute little story, other then some headache inducing drama that occurs later on as shoujos are wont to do, but hey, at least it's short.

Zweizer

Banned
Same here though I did read some of B&W too, DP/BW is when I got lost in all the simultaneous releases.

I liked RS the most as far as I remember.

Yeah, it was mainly due to how messy the releases were that I put it on hold.

Ruby/Sapphire was my favorite as well, though I felt Emerald was the weakest arc.

Magnet na Watashitachi

A manga featuring a girl helping, and falling in love with, an anti-scoial lolicon guy who really likes children.

Short but cute little story, other then some headache inducing drama that occurs later on as shoujos are wont to do, but hey, at least it's short.
God the pacing is horrendous.

Then again I just finished another run of reading Binbougami Ga! Still one of the best shounen, ever.

Usobuko

Banned
Nickelodeon END

I don't really know how to feel about this one, but a lot of the stories were pretty what the fuck. Especially the one about the village inside the girls stomach.
It was okay? Or not for me? I still read it all though.

Nickelodeon is one my favourite collection of short stories.

Did you like its unqiue, memorable aesthetics which complement the unconventional stories? I thought the author executed this very well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom