• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTS| Yeah I couldn't come up with a thread title ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
Hey,

Um... so how's it going today guys?

Sooooooo... just randomly looking through the list of recommended mangas suggested to me during Sunday school, I thought I'd pick one at random to see what GAF's opinion is. Lets see...

How about this one: Chisa x Pon

I'm not to experienced in manga let alone whatever this one is but I'm just wondering what people that of it or whatever...

kasane

Hey,

Um... so how's it going today guys?

Sooooooo... just randomly looking through the list of recommended mangas suggested to me during Sunday school, I thought I'd pick one at random to see what GAF's opinion is. Lets see...

How about this one: Chisa x Pon

I'm not to experienced in manga let alone whatever this one is but I'm just wondering what people that of it or whatever...

what kind of manga are you looking for though.

that is important

hipbabboom

what kind of manga are you looking for though.

that is important

I was hoping to get a list of mangas like Chisa x Pon so I can avoid those sinful NTR trash! I hate manga's where the "Nice Guy" gets served!

Though research or not. I don't touch hentai which I'm sure you can appreciate the irony of.

Boku to Senpai no Tekken Kousai 07

A book murder. Someone who murders only with books. It's like this is becoming a superheroes version of murder powers.

volgihn

Suzuka 90-120

When Yamato ran out of Yui's shop I thought he was done making stupid decisions. When Suzuka and Yamato talk about the job and everything worked out I thought it was a sign that their communication was starting to improve, but no everything after that was a complete train wreck. I'm really furious at what Seo did with Yui. She was one of the best girls in the manga and he completely ruined her character in my opinion. Fuck this manga.

hipbabboom

On a more serious note about Chisa x Pon

Manga's like this (also in the vain of /Blush DC and Kono S o, Mi yo!) deal with some really dark topics that I'd like to read to its conclusion to see how the author handles and resolves said issues but they all seem to never get completely translated. "'Nice Guys' get reckt" feels like a cursed genre where anything long-form and interesting doesn't get attention.

Chisa x Pon is extra tragic since the author died and even though she had someone else finish it for her, even if I was somehow able to read the remaining untranslated 6 volumes, how much of what I'm reading would really be her intent?

Suzuka 90-120

When Yamato ran out of Yui's shop I thought he was done making stupid decisions. When Suzuka and Yamato talk about the job and everything worked out I thought it was a sign that their communication was starting to improve, but no everything after that was a complete train wreck. I'm really furious at what Seo did with Yui. She was one of the best girls in the manga and he completely ruined her character in my opinion. Fuck this manga.

Seo loves fucking over any best girl in his manga. But really the manga is pretty much shit, both Suzuka and Yamato are terrible characters. Yui who was a character I actually liked because of her personality and everything got fucked over by Seo's bullshit. Best girl got screwed over :(

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Seo loves fucking over any best girl in his manga. But really the manga is pretty much shit, both Suzuka and Yamato are terrible characters. Yui who was a character I actually liked because of her personality and everything got fucked over by Seo's bullshit. Best girl got screwed over :(

Best girl won... Because Seo says so

Dresden

no.5 - 07

Everyone knew it was coming, and when it came ...

SF6gUin.jpg

;_;7

hipbabboom

I totally just realized how far I would go for manga: http://www.newocr.com/

It ain't perfect by any stretch of the imagination but it's shed light on some pivotal snippets of text to help me make sense of untranslated things on my own.

regarding blush dc

mcs girlfriend is surely gonna get raped

It's safe to say that every character in the series is or will be physically or mentally destroyed. To be quite honest... it got to heavy for me and was almost relieved I couldn't find any more translations for it.

The things that draw me to these sorts of stories are how the characters pick up the pieces after horrible events but I don't think Blush DC was going to a place where things can be picked up.... in not so elegant terms: Shit's fucked!

Tokyo Ghoul:Re Chapter 2

Fuck Urie and Fatlips I hope Haise shows them their place.

1413705686445.jpg

Ishida you are magnificent at foreshadowing. To have black hair Kaneki sitting on a chair surrounded by books in chapter 2 and then later foreshadow that in Re 2nd chapter too, but with white hair Kaneki. Ishida you are fuckin based. Anyways this is definitely connected to Haise no doubt about it. Also we found out the other Q investigators are artificial ghouls not the real thing. Their RC levels (Red Child) are above 100-500 which is regular human levels, but are lower than 1000-8000 which are ghoul levels. They are definitely augmented humans with ghoul abilities. Though Haise on the other hand RC levels are about 3000 which definitely confirms he's not human (Kaneki anyone).

18.jpg

When eyepatch boy says Bon appetite you see Haise stare a bit as if he remembered something. Could he have remembered Tsukiyama hmmmm.

We have Chie a friend of Tsukiyama (addressed in the Tokyo Ghoul novels) meet Urie and sharkboy to give them some info about Torso. Who I believe is Tsukiyama. Man things are about to get intense. Oh yeah we are introduced to Serpent who seems like Amon too.

Lain

regarding blush dc

mcs girlfriend is surely gonna get raped

You mean, she already got raped. I mean, with her line of work and stuff, plus the way the uncle uses her and how one could say she's forced into doing what she does, I'd consider it a sort of rape too. By the way, are translations for it still coming out?

hipbabboom

You mean, she already getting raped. I mean, with her line of work and stuff, plus the way the uncle rapes her and how one could say she's forced into being raped for money, I'd consider it rape too.
...just some small corrections

By the way, are translations for it still coming out?
The last translations for that is a few years old. It's definitely dead.

Onepunch-Man 38

Saitama is a pretty chill dude.

You didn't like the camping arc?
I thought it was pretty amusing.

Particularly the chapters on Shiragami room.

Everything after Aizawa "realizes" she's in love felt kind of lackluster. And devil principal was really annoying.

dani_dc

Minamoto-kun Monogatari 144

Why are these chapters so short?

Everything after Aizawa "realizes" she's in love felt kind of lackluster. And devil principal was really annoying.
I mostly found the comedy amusing, including principal antics. Aizawa realization will come more into play in the future though :)

kasane

You mean, she already got raped. I mean, with her line of work and stuff, plus the way the uncle uses her and how one could say she's forced into doing what she does, I'd consider it a sort of rape too. By the way, are translations for it still coming out?

no

i meant the blonde

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom