• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTX| Attack on Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akito

Tetsuwan Girl v6
ibsHDZuI7ebAuu.jpg
Dat art, my god, I need to do a Tsutomu Takahashi marathon after this. Anyway it was a real shame that the game got suspended in such a way but I guess the series would have ended right there otherwise so I'm not too upset. Tome never ceases to surprise, it's really admirable that she always know what she wants and how to achieve it.

Tetsuwan Girl v6

Dat art, my god, I need to do a Tsutomu Takahashi marathon after this. Anyway it was a real shame that the game got suspended in such a way but I guess the series would have ended right there otherwise so I'm not too upset. Tome never ceases to surprise, it's really admirable that she always know what she wants and how to achieve it.

I never could get into Jiraishin for some reason. Would you reccommend SIDOOH and Skyhigh?

Akito

I never could get into Jiraishin for some reason. Would you reccommend SIDOOH and Skyhigh?
Wish I could tell you but I have only read very little of his works for some reason, aside from Tetsuwan Girl I'm only familiar with Alive and some oneshots. That's why I'm vowing to change that.

Wish I could tell you but I have only read very little of his works for some reason, aside from Tetsuwan Girl I'm only familiar with Alive and some oneshots. That's why I'm vowing to change that.

It's getting late here, I guess. For some reason I thought you were going to reread his stuff. Nevermind!

Shengar

Gantz. Oh, a good manga?

Have you read Monster by the same mangaka as Pluto? It's longer and not as focused but still good.

Monster is less focused, and not as much as thrill inducing as neither Pluto or 20th Century Boy, but it's probably in overall quality especially consistency. Urasawa really have bad tendency on handling later part of his story, usually fall apart as the epilogue come close.
I really wish Pluto end on volume 6/7 instead of the wreckage that is volume 8 ;__;

Lain

Tetsuwan Girl v6

Preach it.
Tome is awesome. A very strong woman, with pride, character, guts and charm.
Also Takahashi is so good in framing the panels in Tetsuwan Girl. They give off a strong sense of motion even though it's just still pictures.

Monster is less focused, and not as much as thrill inducing as neither Pluto or 20th Century Boy, but it's probably in overall quality especially consistency. Urasawa really have bad tendency on handling later part of his story, usually fall apart as the epilogue come close.
I really wish Pluto end on volume 6/7 instead of the wreckage that is volume 8 ;__;

Man, I liked the ending to Pluto :(

Shengar

Man, I liked the ending to Pluto :(

The ending itself is not bad, but there are too many mysteries left unresolved or half-bakedly revealed.
RIP Gesitch, for after his death, no other character can carry his torch of being the detective role for the rest of the manga :(

The ending itself is not bad, but there are too many mysteries left unresolved or half-bakedly revealed.
RIP Gesitch, for after his death, no other character can carry his torch of being the detective role for the rest of the manga :(

Well, it is a mystery manga. I think sometimes it's better to leave things open. Reminds me of the ending to Code Geass.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
One Piece and Naruto are in the same magazine, right?

If so, is there a reason One Piece spoilers tend to appear but not Naruto? Is it just due to the massive popularity of OP?

One Piece's popularity > Naruto's popularity

Therefore,

e-cred for leaking One Piece > e-cred for leaking Naruto.

Dresden

super cruel and terrible tales of mangaka - end

Damn that was good. A collection of stories about the various pitfalls awaiting prospective mangaka, but twisted and exaggerated into crass, hilarious parodies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Here are the Naruto spoilers for the next 3 chapters:
People throw beams at Madara
Madara laughs and reveals yet another forbidden jutsu

Furyous

TAL 97

There are far too many mute superheroes in this manga. That's not a spoiler because I didn't specify who is and is not in that situation.

Either way this chapter is funny because of the funny faces. This author has the best WTF faces out of any anyone I've seen. I'd go over what happened but you should read it. I love the fact that there's so much comedy and WTF moments.

Amikami

Banned
Naruto

The fuck. To think, Karin's been a powerhouse all this fucking time. The things love will get you.
KuGsj.gif

More shipping war fuel to the flames for both NaruSaku and SasuKarin.
Is that last panel Kabuto??

Khezu

Naruto

Not only is that the most boring route they could have taken, it shouldn't even work, Kushina said she would have still died if she took back the Kyuubi.

Karin can use chakra chains, that's neat, and they can actually do physical damage, and not just weird spiritual sealing things. I wonder if Naruto will ever be able to use them, though unless they can turn into a ball, probably not.

Madara jin looks kinda stupid.

Naruto

Not only is that the most boring route they could have taken, it shouldn't even work, Kushina said she would have still died if she took back the Kyuubi.

Karin can use chakra chains, that's neat, and they can actually do physical damage, and not just weird spiritual sealing things. I wonder if Naruto will ever be able to use them, though unless they can turn into a ball, probably not.

Madara jin looks kinda stupid.

Kishi breaks his own rules all the time. Remember it took days to extract the tailed beast out of somebody with a group. Madara did it in seconds.

He breaks the rules to his own convenience.

Any ideas on who is inside the Spiral Zetsu? Yamato maybe?

Makes sense. Orichimaru sensed something was up with Spiral, it was probably that.

And yeah, both Naruto's and Sasukes heart's stopped beating last chapter, no pulse, chakra is gone but somehow they're not dead?

Kishi breaks his own rules all the time. Remember it took days to extract the tailed beast out of somebody with a group. Madara did it in seconds.

He breaks the rules to his own convenience.

Obito did it with ease as well to Kushina. Its not unprecedented for these psuedo Uchiha/Senju.

Edit: Now that I think about it, both times the nine tails was already unsealed.

Averon

Madara Jin is grossly overpowered.
Can't wait to see what ass pulls Kishi will do to power up Naruto and Sasuke even more so they can compete.

Deadruto?

Well Naruto finally got a kiss, too bad he is 3/4ths dead to even enjoy it. lol

Sasuke is also dead with no Izanagi, color me surprised.

As the chapter was on going a thought entered my brain. KISHI you are making females useful! Oh wait nvm, Karin got pwned and Sakura can't do anything to heal Naruto. Was wondering if I was really reading Naruto.

Sage form Madara, officially surpassed Aizen and Frieza for most transformation I believe at this point for a villain.

Mystery person that will save Sasuke. Will probably be a random guy we forgot about or Obito.

Minato saving Naruto was predictable but at least we should get a good conversation out of it.

Naruto

Yo, Sakura with the ER/House-level surgery moves. She was serious as hell about saving him.

Karin actually being a badass was kinda surprising too. I guess Kushina was a straight-up boss with that + Kyuubi chakra.

Amikami

Banned
Makes sense. Orichimaru sensed something was up with Spiral, it was probably that.

And yeah, both Naruto's and Sasukes heart's stopped beating last chapter, no pulse, chakra is gone but somehow they're not dead?

There's a limbo. Maybe there's some window of time to pull them back somehow. Although, Kakashi's Dad was there for a looooong time. Eh. Its a highly fictionous world where Kishi literally does what he wants.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
KINGDOM 373-375

KYOUUKAIIIIIIIIIIIII
post time-skip
is soooooo beautiful <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

Oh that's right, Naruto is out... time to check...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom