• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manor Lords passes 2.5 million sales

Draugoth

Gold Member
images%2FvoltaxMediaLibrary%2Fmmsport%2Fvideo_games%2F01hy0w2sfhh87yy2nq9x.jpg

Source
Slavic Magic and Hooded Horse have announced that Manor Lords officially sold over 2.5 million copies since it was released in April 2024 – that’s a mighty host of noble lords and ladies.​

• 1 million copies — 48 hours;
  • 2 million copies — three weeks;
  • 2.5 million copies — five months.
The game also got a Beefy Update:

Unreal Engine 5 update, which will fix various bugs and glitches related to legacy UE4 issues;
A trade overview panel on the development screen that lists all previous transactions carried out by the region;
Food deterioration mechanics, where food will now start to deteriorate at varying rates depending on the types of food. Spoilage can also be influenced by where the food is stored and certain weather events;
Fishing! A new resource node (fishing lake) allows peasants to practice a new profession (fisherman), in a new workplace (fisherman's hut), which will provide a new type of food (fish);
Throwing crossbows can now be created as a new type of weapon, allowing players to arm and train their own Militiamen with Crossbows. Light units of Crossbow Mercenaries are also available for hire, including the new long-range mercenary group “The Hunters”;
A new butcher conversion for Tier 2 dwellings and above will take surplus sheep and lambs and convert them into meat.

Last edited:

tmlDan

i was really hyped for this so i bought it and honestly, its pretty mid - just nothing really special about it, its like all the other games in the same genre.

But i shouldn't have expected so much for a game with essentially one dev, so thats on me lol

Last edited:

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
i was really hyped for this so i bought it and honestly, its pretty mid - just nothing really special about it, its like all the other games in the same genre.

But i shouldn't have expected so much for a game with essentially one dev, so thats on me lol

The graphical fidelity and ability to grow an organic looking village without grids makes it very different.

calistan

How's the combat now? Haven't played for a while but I gave up last time after a battle turned into a walking-pace chase through the woods, with the last remaining group of archers picking off my giant army and no way to close the distance to them.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
How's the combat now? Haven't played for a while but I gave up last time after a battle turned into a walking-pace chase through the woods, with the last remaining group of archers picking off my giant army and no way to close the distance to them.

I think it's great, but you need to use some strategy to prevent the situation you faced. My guess is that your soldiers ran out of stamina because they ran too much.

pudel

I did my part! Lacked a bit of depth. But its early access....let him cook now while he is proper funded.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
not that different....

What other city builder/simulation game has graphics fidelity and detail at the level of Manor Lords? What other city builder/simulation game has a first person mode with a level of detail like Manor Lords does?

tmlDan

What other city builder/simulation game has graphics fidelity and detail at the level of Manor Lords? What other city builder/simulation game has a first person mode with a level of detail like Manor Lords does?
what do you consider graphical fidelity? the game doesnt look that good. Want me to name 100 other games? I dont recall a first person mode, just that your villagers have families and and have tasks/jobs you assign. Is that detail? the games still pretty barebones but i haven't played in months.

Drake

Man, I love this game. Gotta go back and play it some more. Don't regret the early access purchase at all. I can't wait to see what the final product looks like.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
what do you consider graphical fidelity? the game doesnt look that good.

Like, graphics. I think it looks beautiful. It's getting a lot of mileage out of Unreal Engine 5.

GL9GbIXXAAAkBEZ

GLvfxy7WYAAAw0Z

Want me to name 100 other games?

Well, just one for starters.

I dont recall a first person mode, just that your villagers have families and and have tasks/jobs you assign. Is that detail? the games still pretty barebones but i haven't played in months.

This first person mode

beautiful-game-v0-6wvd227372od1.jpeg

Top Bottom